10/5 Willie PMPS 148, +4.25~110

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Christie & Willie (GA), Oct 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Christie & Willie (GA)

Christie & Willie (GA) Well-Known Member

Yesterday's Condo

Sorry I didn't post last night... late night at work, walked in the door, poke/feed/shoot, walk back out the door for a softball doubleheader. Was tired and sore when I got home, so did a half an hour on the inversion table and the hit the hay! Willie was at +115 around +5 and then food bounced up to 133.

Much drama at 5:00am this morning. Somebody has been hanging out with his buddy Leo again! Willie wakes me up whining really oddly in bed. I freaked out, thinking something was really wrong. Turn on the light just as he jumps down from the bed. His back was turned, and he was walking funny, so I panicked.

Yeah, he had brought a mouse to bed. :shock: :shock: :shock:

He chases the mouse out into the hallway. I throw on a t-shirt and grab a container from the kitchen and a piece of cardboard laying around. Mouse is hiding under a pile of laundry, so throw it piece by piece into a basket until the mouse can be trapped and thrown into the front yard. All doors to outside were closed, meaning this one was actually in the house. ick, ick, ick.

Poor guy isn't the brightest... he spent a good hour looking for it after that, coming back in for cuddles just before shot time. We discussed what an awesome specimen of a cat he is, but also the fact that while I was very proud of his mouse catching prowess, they were forbidden in the bed. He purred and smiled.

PT appointment here shortly, and am working at home on a project I just got late yesterday and that has to be filed in court tomorrow... by an attorney who refuses to use her computer and has no knowledge of the applicable area of the law. Going to be a long two days.

Know that I"m sending green vibes to all our kitty friends and their beans, and saying prayers for Patti as she and her family grieve the loss of sweet Boris. We'll be lighting a candle for him today.

Happy Wednesday, everyone!

2. Jessica & Boo Radley

Jessica & Boo Radley Member

Re: 10/5 Willie AMPS 183, +2~155

Christie you are a sport...not quite sure I would have been as level headed and graceful in the middle of the night with a mouse in my bed!

I wish you well in sorting out the upcoming day - sounds like no fun!

3. PeterDevonMocha

PeterDevonMocha Well-Known Member

Hi guys .. nice drop today willie, heading towards green are we? The night I find a mouse in my bed is the night I pack up and sleep in a hotel ... Hope you are not sore from the softball game today and that the next two days go by quickly for you .. have a great day!

4. Anne & Zener GA

Anne & Zener GA Well-Known Member

Willie, you are awesome! Leo eats his mice. Could you do that too?
    Liz

5. julie & punkin (ga)

julie & punkin (ga) Well-Known Member

hahaha probably not without any teeth. them mouses is too crunchy! :lol:

great story! if only candid camera were still on - they'd like to have a moment in your house in the middle of the night! :D

6. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Michelle and Mannie (GA) Well-Known Member

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: in the bed? uh..... NOOOOOOOOOO! I would have been so done at that point. Poor Willie - after all that work to bring you a prezzie... oh wow. Leo would be so proud....

Hope your day was a good one, thought he attorney stuff sounds like it may have been a long one.

7. Christie & Willie (GA)

Christie & Willie (GA) Well-Known Member

yeeeeaaaahhhhh...... i'm thinking Willie doesn't have nearly the attention span to gum a mouse.... which means I'd find it mangled and half eaten somewhere! :lol: :lol: :lol: I really think he was so excited and pleased with himself, he brought it on the bed so he could wake me up to show me what he'd done. As freaked out as i was, it's kinda hard to be mad at him for that. :)

Willie had a good day... lots of time in the yard inspecting the fence line. He's not sure what to make of the fall leaves in the breeze. Another sprint across the yard when the big drooler appeared. Poor dog, I think much like Willie's Lab Cousin Hunter, the dog genuinely just wants to be his friend. He comes bounding over to where Willie was at, all tail wags and smiles, then when Willie ran away, he sat there, clearly hoping he'd come back. When he didn't, the dog finally left, looking quite dejected. I actually felt bad for him (or her? guess I just picture a female dog having more dignity than that! :lol: :lol: :lol: ). When he wasn't outside, he was near me on the loveseat or the ottoman, making sure I was staying focused on getting my project done. Success, all due to the Dubs!! He has now assumed the bedtime cuddle position, all furry purrs.

Not sure what to make of these blue numbers lately, though I am wondering if the introduction of canned food may have a little to do with it. If 9-10% can easily pull him out of the 40s, I'm wondering what mixing in some 3-4% (even diluted with raw and 1%) might be doing to his numbers. Going to wait it out a bit more (still technically within the 72 hr possible bounce period) before I take him back up again. He only got down to 141 at +6 from 183 at shot time, then held that number for the back half of the cycle. I'm hoping that means that Mr. P is coming to life!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.