M sweet Boris 1995-2011

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Patti and Merlin, Oct 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Patti and Merlin

Patti and Merlin Member

This AM my DH Joe and I said good bye to Boris as we held him in our arms. It was time. He was so weak and so tired. I think I knew it all along but it's so hard to stop fighting for those you love so much. I had syringe fed him some last nite and this AM but I knew he was unhappy and he felt so light - so thin. And this AM after talking with the oncologist who is most compassionate, realistic, and sweet - she felt too that it would be best for Boris. Our hearts are heavy and as so many of you too have experienced - such an empty hole is left behind. We loved him so much despite only having him 1 yr and 10 months.

He was such a character - We adopted him thru this board 1 yr after having lost Merlin. We went from a really hi dose kitty to a really lo dose one. :) He went camping with us - we called him the Walmart greeter because he loved being in the middle of company and greeting everyone. He would "cry" at nite when we all went to bed. And my favorite was when he would greet me at the coffee pot in the AM and offer me his paw for lovins. He sat on the floor Saturday nite and did that one last time and I'll hold that image forever in my heart! I know now he isn't hurting, no more needles, pokes, tons of meds down the throat -WE had so hoped he'd be with us on a camping trip to Montana later this month but maybe he, Merlin and our pup Blue who we lost in June are now planning their own trip!

Fiona is doing good. The surgeon is most pleased with her progress. We visited her twice but can't yet hold her because of chest tube, IV's - but petted her alot and she is talking. Still on sufficient pain meds. Got a little worked up when we first came but once we loved on her settled down. Made me feel good - sounds selfish but I sure needed that today. Hopefully she is coming home tomorrow. WE love her so and would so love to all be home together as a family again.

I can't thank all of you enough for all your support. We are forever grateful to each and everyone of you.
    With love
    Patti, Fiona and of course - forever in our hearts - BORIS

2. carolyn & jesse (GA) & spock

carolyn & jesse (GA) & spock Well-Known Member

Oh Patti, I am so very sorry. Be free sweet Boris!

3. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

oh no, Patti. I really hoped Boris would pull through this for you. You deserved to have a lot more time together. (((((Patti and Joe))))

Fly free, sweet sweet Boris. wings_cat

4. Squeaky and KT (GA)

Squeaky and KT (GA) Well-Known Member

Patti,
    I'm so sorry you had to let Boris' broken body go but spirits don't break. You gave him so much love and care, he truly glowed in your love. All of you were so blessed to share this time together - I read it in your words every day.

Fly free sweet boy and land softly right back in your family's hearts.

Big looong hug and prayers for comfort and peace,

5. Mary and Stella

Mary and Stella Well-Known Member

I am so sorry for your loss. It sounds like Boris knew just how much you loved him.

6. Linda for Weezer

Linda for Weezer Well-Known Member

Dear Patti,
    My heart goes out to you and Joe. You have been through so much. I'm glad Fiona is doing better and will be home with you soon.

Fly free sweet Boris.

7. Lisa and Do Lou (GA)

Lisa and Do Lou (GA) Well-Known Member

((((((((Patti and Joe)))))) I so hate to hear this was really hoping he would turn around for you but very happy Miss Fiona is doing so wonderful with her recovery

Fly Free Boris wings_cat wings_cat rb_icon

8. Michelle & Jetson

Michelle & Jetson Member

((((((Patti & Joe))))))

I'm SO sorry to hear about Boris! :cry:
    I've been following your updates and was praying/hoping he would recover for you. I'm keeping you all in my prayers :YMHUG: :YMHUG: Fly free and land softly little buddy.

Sending healing vines for Fiona - hope she's home soon.

9. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

((((Patti)))) ((((Joe))))
    My stomach lurched when I saw your subject line. I am heartbroken for you and with you. I remember your posting when Boris found his forever home with you. That was an act of kindness only met by this one last act of love and devotion. Boris will forever be in your heart along with Merlin and Blue and they will be waiting for Boris, along with all of our Guardian Angels, to welcome him to the Bridge. Until you are all reunited....

Fly free Boris and land gently. All of Lantus Land will help to light your way.

[​IMG]

10. Ann & Maggie11 (GA)

Ann & Maggie11 (GA) Well-Known Member

I am so sorry to hear about Boris. My heart and prayers go out to you and Joe.

11. Anne & Zener GA

Anne & Zener GA Well-Known Member

Patti and Joe, we are so very sorry to hear of Boris's passing. We know how sad you are and are thinking of you. So glad to hear that Fiona is doing well. Sending her healing energy in the days ahead.
    Liz & Anne

12. Complick8d

Complick8d Well-Known Member

Fly free Boris :(

13. Tracy & Leo

Tracy & Leo Well-Known Member

((((((((Patti & Joe))))))))) I am so sorry about your loss. I had so hoped Boris would pull thru. Hugs to you both and the fur family too.

14. ToddyTiger

ToddyTiger Member

Sending you SO much love.. He was such a sweet man and I am so very glad to have known him.

I know how you feel.. it was so very hard for me to say goodbye to Todd. But you have done such a kind thing. He will be in our hearts forever.

<3 <3 <3

-Sarah

15. KT & Buckwheat

KT & Buckwheat Member

My condolences to you and your family. It's so hard to lose that special friend. Your Boris had a great home and he most definitely will be missed.

KT & Buckwheat (GA)

16. julie & punkin (ga)

julie & punkin (ga) Well-Known Member

oh patti, i'm so very sorry. you were his forever home and i am confident he LOVED his time with you and Joe. hugs.

17. CD and BigMac

CD and BigMac Well-Known Member

....tears....

I'm so very sorry. I remember when you rescued him and we discussed his fur and getting the mats out... I remember how beautiful he was... and gentle...I remember how loving and kind you were to this new kitty...

Most of all I'm sure the love you shared has made this world a better place.

Please know how much I am thinking of you both.

(((((((Patti and Joe)))))))))

18. Melissa & Tarragon

Melissa & Tarragon Well-Known Member

Please know that you all are in my thoughts and prayers. Fly free sweet Boris!!

19. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Michelle and Mannie (GA) Well-Known Member

Patti -c I am so sorry to read about Boris, so very sorry for you loss. may the memories comfort you. Fly free little one. wings_cat

20. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

(((Patti and Joe)))....oh I can't tell you how much this saddens me....I so wanted Boris to beat the lymphoma....I wanted him to do it for you and so you all could have more time together. I was holding on to the hope so tightly and sending him so many prayers. He was such a lucky, lucky boy the day you adopted him and he knew the most love ever in the time he was with you all. We will light a candle for him but I know Teddi will come to lead him through the veil.

Gentle Journey, sweet Boris.

[​IMG]

21. Karrie and Maverick

Karrie and Maverick Well-Known Member

((((((Patti and Joe))))))) My heart breaks for you. Such a sad day today. I was wishing for you to have a lot more time with Boris. I know I believe our kitties come into our lives for a reason, that they are meant to be yours. Boris knew unconditional love with you and he takes all that love with him. He was a very lucky boy that your heart was so big and open to adopting him. I wish you weren't feeling this pain but he was blessed to have had you as his bean. I will be keeping you close to my heart. I really wish we could give you real hugs.

Great update on Fiona. She will be home with you soon. Hugs.

22. bev5477

bev5477 Well-Known Member

I can't tell you how sad I am for you. Your beautiful Boris was too young to become a GA. Prayers and hugs sent your way.

23. Roni and Moonie

Roni and Moonie Well-Known Member

((((((((((((Patti & Joe)))))))))))))
    I am so so Sorry that your dear Boris has gone to the bridge--You gave him a loving happy home and made him happy & loved for the rest of his life-I was so saddened to see this...Glad you both were with him, and
    hope you find comfort in all that you did for him..Comforting Hugs from us!
    FLY FREE BORIS wings_cat

24. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Dear Patti and Joe,

Boris had a wonderful life in his furever home. He loved you very much and that love will go on and on. We are very sorry that he had to leave you so soon in his life with you. But every minute was a blessing, for him and for you. I like to think of him and Merlin and Blue going camping at the Bridge. They will use all of the skills that you worked out for them in your wonderful essay about camping with kitties. Fly free, sweet Boris, on your new golden wings. You are much loved.

In deepest sympathy,

Ella and Edward, Rusty, and Stu (GA)

25. Jason & Belle (GA)

Jason & Belle (GA) Member

I'm so sorry for your loss, but so happy to know that Boris spent the last few years in such a loving home. You've been through so much lately but remember that we only hurt so much because they brought so much joy to our lives.

Prayers for Fiona.

Jason

26. ehsuan

ehsuan Member

Oh, Patti, I'm so sorry to hear about Boris. I wasn't posting often to your condo, but I was keeping up with his progress and I was so hoping he'd make it.

I know how your heart aches to lose your wonderful boy. He sounds like such a character! I'm sorry he was with you such a short time, but I know he had a wonderful life with you and was loved. We take these little kitties into our homes and hearts and they leave such a hole behind, but I know it will fill up soon with all your wonderful memories of him and of your time together. I think he had a pretty wonderful mom, too.

Thank you for your post re: Tableau. Boris and Tableau were the same age. I will keep the image of them chasing butterflies together in my mind. Yes, they are both pain free now. We are so sorry to see them go, but they'll both live on in our hearts.

My deepest sympathies.

Keeping you and Joe and Fiona in my thoughts.

27. Ann & Tess GA

Ann & Tess GA Well-Known Member

Patti and Joe, I am so sad to see this . I know it doesn't stop the hurt, but you have given Boris the love he needed and the last gift. You two were so wonderful to take him and give Boris such love for his last years.

fly free, Boris. wings_cat

28. chriscleo

chriscleo Well-Known Member

oh, patti, i am so sorry. so sad for you. :( cancer sucks so much.
    boris was a lucky kitty to have you looking out for him.
    fly free on angel wings, little guy.

29. MJ+Donovan

MJ+Donovan Well-Known Member

so many precious ones chasing butterflies at the Bridge... :cry:

MJ&Donovan&Butthead's spirit

30. Sarah58

Sarah58 Member

So sorry to hear your sad news about Boris. 'Cats come and go without ever leaving'.

31. Lylene & Barry

Lylene & Barry Member

What a cool guy. Was so hoping things would turn around. Too sad to really know what to say.

32. Amy&TrixieCat

Amy&TrixieCat Well-Known Member

I wasn't a member yet when you adopted Boris, but you truly are an angel for taking him in and loving him. I so very sorry for your loss...

Amy

33. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry for your loss. Tears.
    My heartfelt condolences. He had a good loving home while he was with you. Now he is chasing butterflies with Merlin.
    ((((Patti)))))))

Fly Free Sweet Merlin
    wings_cat

34. Harley and Pattie

Harley and Pattie Well-Known Member

((((Patti)))) I am so sorry for Boris's passing. May he fly free, and land safely. My prayers are with you.

Pattie

35. Deb & Spot

Deb & Spot Well-Known Member

I'm very sorry for your loss, Patti. Fly Free Boris

36. Phoebe_TiggyGA_NortonGA

Phoebe_TiggyGA_NortonGA Well-Known Member

(((((((Patti & Joe))))))) So sorry that Boris has passed - he is playing now across the bridge with Merlin, Blue and Norton. Thanks so much for opening your hearts and home to him so his last years were great.

phoebe

37. Iorwen & Tray

Iorwen & Tray Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry Boris had to leave you, I know you'll miss him so much. I bet he'll join your camping trips in spirit, you'll feel him there.

Fly free Boris

38. Georgia and Simon (GA)

Georgia and Simon (GA) Well-Known Member

Patti and Joe, I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your beloved Boris. I have been following your posts and was so hoping that he would get better. I know you must be aching to hold him in your arms again, but that one last gesture of giving you his paw must be a comfort to you. That even though he was in pain, he was still sending you a signal that he loves you and thanks you for everything you gave him in the short time you had together. Fly free, sweet Boris!

39. Angela & Blackie & 3 Others

Angela & Blackie & 3 Others Well-Known Member

{{{{{{{{{{PATTI & JOE}}}}}}}}}} I'm so sorry to hear about the passing of Boris. He's in a place where he's free from pain. You did everything that you could for him to get him well. I don't think he would've had better parents to care for him, and give him the love that he so deserved. You both are in my thoughts and prayers. {{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}

40. PeterDevonMocha

PeterDevonMocha Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry to hear about boris .. You are right, it is so hard to stop fighting for those we love so much .. but sometimes, the battle cannot be won .. Know that boris is happy and healthy over at the rainbow bridge with merlin, blue and norton .. Fly Free Boris .. Thoughts and prayers are with you all today ...

41. Jennifer & Saima (GA)

Jennifer & Saima (GA) Member

I am so sorry to hear about this. I love the Walmart greeter image... he sounds like an absolutely wonderful cat, and I know you will miss him so much. Peace to you as you grieve for your dear Boris.

42. Karen & Smokey(GA)

Karen & Smokey(GA) Well-Known Member

Tears are streaming down my cheeks.

I remember when you adopted him and knowing he would have a wonderful
    home with you. Boris was such a special cat. I wish you could have had
    more time with him. Your sacrifice is monumental.

Thank you for letting me meet him when I brought Pauline to you. I've always
    had a special place in my heart for Boris...and always will.

Fly free, sweet Boris. Meet up with Smokey and go camping together.

And share your crab with each other. Nothing better than Dungeness Crab !

Love to you all...
    ...Karen, Rob, Tommy, Sophie, Mr. Kitty(GA) and Smokey(GA)

43. SmokeyD

SmokeyD Member

Patti, I am so sorry to hear that Boris passed. I hope you find some comfort in his release from pain and his poor tired body. You are in my prayers and thoughts.
    Gwen

44. Sandy and Black Kitty

Sandy and Black Kitty Well-Known Member

(((((Patti))))))

So sorry for your loss of sweet Boris.
    many tears over here.

45. cjleo

cjleo Member

So very sorry for you loss of Boris. Fly free on angel wings Boris!

And, Boris, please find YingYang and say hello.

Claudia

46. dian and wheezer

dian and wheezer Well-Known Member

sigh :YMSIGH: :YMSIGH: :YMSIGH:
    thank you for giving Boris 1 year and 10 months of love.

47. SherylandClouseau

SherylandClouseau Member

Boris was as lucky to have you as you were to have him. I am so sorry that his stay with you was far too short... Fly free Boris!

48. my Casey bear

my Casey bear Member

Patti, I am sorry to hear that Boris is gone. Hugs for you and Joe :YMHUG: :YMHUG: and pettings for Fiona cat_pet_icon cat_pet_icon I understand how much you all will miss him. That hole in your heart you are feeling now just means how BIG of a paw print he put there, once the hurt subsides, the print will remain!

Fly free Boris, fly free... wings_cat

You all are in my thought and prayers for healing over the loss of Boris and healing for Fiona's health.

49. Randi & Max (GA)

Randi & Max (GA) Well-Known Member

((Patti))
    I was so saddened to hear of your sweet Boris's crossing.
    He was truly lucky to have found you and to be loved by you.

Fly free sweet Boris. wings_cat

50. Donna & Shiloh (GA)

Donna & Shiloh (GA) Member

Boris, you were a cat everyone loved. What a gift to your beans. Your passing will leave sadness. Find a way to let Patti know you are happy and healthy . You will be missed. Donna

51. Sherry & Zoe (GA)

Sherry & Zoe (GA) Well-Known Member

((((Patti)))) I am so sorry to see this.....you deserved so much more time with him. He had 1 year and 10 months of true devoted love from you and DH. Fly free sweet Boris, land softly....you are so loved and will be missed.

Attached Files:

52. OLM Catnip Cottage

OLM Catnip Cottage Well-Known Member

I am so VERY sorry, Patti. May God bring you comfort and peace now.

53. juliehoudini (ga)

juliehoudini (ga) Member

My thoughts are with you & Joe.

54. TrixtersMommy

TrixtersMommy Member

I am so very sorry. :( Bless your hearts for taking in kitties in need, like Boris. You gave him such a wonderful gift bringing him into your home and hearts. His spirit is free now, full of love and gratitude forever.

Fly free, precious Boris! Enjoy your gorgeous wings!

55. Jessica & Boo Radley

Jessica & Boo Radley Member

I'm so saddened for your loss and wish you the gift of remembered Boris times of happiness, healthiness, and love!

56. Gail & Houdini (GA)

Gail & Houdini (GA) Well-Known Member

((((Patti)))) I'm so sorry..... He was blessed to have your love for the short time he was with you.

Fly free sweet Boris

57. sharon and sparky

sharon and sparky Member

Fly Free Sweet Boris>>>>>>>>>>>> rb_icon <<<<<<<<<<<<<< Land softly wings_cat

58. Barbara and tuffy

Barbara and tuffy Well-Known Member

((((Patti)))) I am so sorry. Keeping you in my prayers.

Fly free Beautiful Boris, land softly on your beautiful wings wings_cat

59. Emmy & Dude

Emmy & Dude Well-Known Member

Ah, Patti - we all had such high hopes that Boris could beat this - at least for awhile - if any furry could have, it would have been him so you know it was just too much for him. You saved his life when you took him in - gave him the extra time filled with love, adventure, hugs, fur-kisses, fun, play - all the things he never had before or would have had. But mostly love - from so many people.

He was one of the most gentle kitties I've ever had the pleasure of holding - or hugging - he was in the middle of our dinner at the campsite - wanting a taste of everything - and was most anxious to meet Ms. Mittsi here when you visited. Didn't realize then that was the last time we could pet his handsome self.

The tears fall with you - for you and Joe - but not for Boris because he's with all the others who have gone to the Bridge and who play and run and are so free now from the bodies that were holding them back here. And so many of them are there now - what holes in the hearts and on this board - not physically here but never, never to be forgotten.

Bless you and Joe for the love you've given him and all the others - now you take care of yourselves, okay?

We love you.

Emmy & Dude (& Mittsi & Bob too)

60. Cindy and Patches

Cindy and Patches Member

Dearest Patti and Joe... John and I are so very sorry. We are holding you close and sending hugs and prayers. Please know that you are thought of often. Fly free sweet Boris.

61. Jen and Oreo (GA)

Jen and Oreo (GA) Well-Known Member

(((Patti))) I'm so sorry it was time for Boris to go. He is healthy and free of pain now.

Fly free dear Boris. Your time here with us is never long enough.

62. Patricia and Gang

Patricia and Gang Member

I'm so sorry to hear about Boris. I know how much you're hurting, but you did the kindest, most loving thing you could do for Boris. Now he's free from pain, happy and running free. Many hugs coming your way.

Patricia (GAs Fluffy, Mr QT, Murphy, Jonathan, Flannel, Speedy, Angel, Rusty, Bobby, Ash, Moseley, Suzy, Zak, Kobe and Cory) Corky, Oreo & Rufus

63. Barb and Tori

Barb and Tori Well-Known Member

Dear Patti and Joe: I'm so sorry to hear about Boris. I know how much you are hurting right now. You have had so much loss this past year. My heart aches for you. I know though that my Tori and Tiga greeted Boris when he arrived at the Bridge. Take care.

64. Carol & Yoshi

Carol & Yoshi Well-Known Member

Patti and Joe, so sad and sorry Boris is gone. He had the very best of beans and home with you. Sending loads of big, warm hugs.

65. Cheryl and Winnie

Cheryl and Winnie Well-Known Member

so sad to read this Patti. Sending my deepest condolences to you , Joe and furries.
    He was very lucky to have you and Joe give him love and kindness and great care during his all too short time with you . ( but is any time enough????????? )

I am just finding out now about Blue as well. I always enjoyed the pictures and stories of Blue.

((( Patti )))

Peace Boris and Blue.
    rb_icon

healing wishes for Fiona.

66. Michelle and Doodle

Michelle and Doodle Member

((((Patti)))) I'm so so sorry.
    Boris was such a beautiful boy.

67. Rocket & his Mom

Rocket & his Mom Well-Known Member

Oh Patti,
    Each time I come on your condo to post I start crying and I’m unable to type anything....I’m at a loss for words....I know you loved Boris so much and you provided a safe loving home....no amount of time our fur-kids are with us is long enough....I know you did your very best (I hope you know that too) for Boris....he certainly knew that....
    Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers in this very difficult time.....
    Fly Free Boris wings_cat .....so many GA kitties are showing you around and you won’t be alone

68. HollyandSpader(GA)

HollyandSpader(GA) Well-Known Member

Oh my. So sorry. What a wonderful home you provided!

69. mybuddybinks

mybuddybinks Well-Known Member

Patti...
    so deeply sorry...
    Boris was truly loved...

fly free, little man.

celi & binks

70. Kathy and Kitty

Kathy and Kitty Well-Known Member

(((((Patti and Joe))))) We all have you in our hearts. Boris was lucky to have your love, as you were lucky to have him.

I know he is free of pain. I hope you will be in time, as well.

Fly free, Boris, land softly, play happily with our loved kitties at the bridge, and watch over your beans, who love you so much.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.