06/30/11 Zener PMPS 352; +2 359 ATrak

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Anne & Zener GA, Jun 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anne & Zener GA

Anne & Zener GA Well-Known Member

Zener's Condo 6/29/11

Last night was a little exciting. At the time I did Zener's PMPS his BG was 189. Because he has cerebellar hypoplasis making it difficult to see any hypo symptoms we are being conservative and not shooting if BG between 180-210. Thanks to those of you who stayed up and talked me through this. Here are the values from last night and this morning.
    06/29/11
    PMPS 189 - no shot, stalled
    30 minutes later - 194
    1 hour later 216, so gave shot and this became our new PMPS (at 9:15 pm)
    PMPS 216
    +1 262
    +2 253
    +10 321

Will get his AMPS shortly and have another go today!

2. Melissa & Tarragon

Melissa & Tarragon Well-Known Member

Re: 06/30/11 PMPS 216; +1 262; +2 253; +10 321

Zener's numbers aren't that bad for a skipped shot. Hope you have a great day!

3. Anne & Zener GA

Re: 06/30/11 PMPS 216; +1 262; +2 253; +10 321

Hi Melissa, I am still sorting out all the jargon here! Zener did not miss his PM shot, we just stalled for an hour. So he got the 1.5 u but at 9 pm instead of 8 pm. So, my new AMPS time is 9 am this morning. Sorry I wasn't clear and thanks for taking a look! I'll post his values this morning shortly. :mrgreen:

4. Anne & Zener GA

Re: 06/30/11 AMPS 335 ATrak exciting evening

Here we go again today. Gave Zener his 1.5 u at 9 am and he ate about an ounce of wet food. Will get a +3 and post throughout the day.

AMPS 335

5. julie & punkin (ga)

julie & punkin (ga) Well-Known Member

Re: 06/30/11 Zener AMPS 335 ATrak exciting evening

good morning! glad you got to sleep last night - he probably appreciated it too!

6. Anne & Zener GA

Hi Julie, yes I think Zener did appreciate it as he spent quality time on my chest purring loudly this morning!

I got up at 3 and checked on him, fed him a little, then up again at 5 am and let him outside for a bit. The upside of a kitty with cerebellar hypoplasia is that he will stay in a fenced yard, can't climb or jump, so about as safe as one can be spending any time outside. No inappropriate peeing inside this morning either. There is a neat and tidy pile of feathers at the base of the kitty condo when I got up, but neither Zener nor Tillie (non-diabetic) are talking.

Thanks for checking on us!

7. Angela & Blackie & 3 Others

Angela & Blackie & 3 Others Well-Known Member

Hehehehe Cats won't tell you anything that they've done. Believe me, I've tried prying it out of mine, but they'll never talk. LOL

Nice #s today. :) I hope that Zener will come down for you and surf a bit. :)

8. Anne & Zener GA

Hello Angela, you are so right, those kitties can sure be rascals! I'll be posting numbers throughout the day, thanks for the support!
    cat_pet_icon

9. Anne & Zener GA

Re: 06/30/11 Zener AMPS 335;+3 307 ATrak

Continuing on this morning, after low value and stall last night, with slowly decreasing BG at +3. This is Zener's 4th cycle at new 1.5 dose.

06/30/11
    AMPS 335
    +3 307

Will get +6 and +9 or +10 today and post. Zener's appetite is decreased today but I got him to eat three small meals between AMPS and +3.

10. Anne & Zener GA

Re: 06/30/11 Zener AMPS 335;+3 307; +6 269 ATrak

Still not eating very well this morning, but threw up a hairball early afternoon, so perhaps he will be more interested in eating tonight. The good side of cleaning up the hairball - he is finally feeling good enough to groom, thus the hairball!

06/30/11
    AMPS 335 1 oz Blue Buffalo flaked tuna entree sprinkled with fortiflora;
    +1 ate a little freeze dried Halo liv a little chicken
    +2 ate most of 1 oz BB flaked tuna with fortiflora
    +3 307 ate some of 1oz BB tuna, a littel freeze dried Halo liv a little
    +6 269 ate a little (less than 1 oz) FF whitefish and tuna classic

Just a little anxious that his later values will drop, which seems to happen with him sometimes. Will get +9, maybe +10 or +11 too. Will see...
    nailbite_smile

11. Ann & Maggie11 (GA)

Ann & Maggie11 (GA) Well-Known Member

Re: 06/30/11 Zener AMPS 335;+3 307; +6 269 ATrak

How funny! Do they both want a pat on the belly? I used to feed a stray kitty, and she would leave presents at my door! Thanks for your visit to my condo. Yes, the Relion Micro is a nice back-up. I was surprised, too, with the small difference in meters with the high bg! My Vet uses the ATrak and monitors Maggie's ss, so I keep with the AlphaTrak and have gotten used to it, too. You're doing a good job with Zener and hope you can get some sleep tonight.

12. Anne & Zener GA

Re: 06/30/11 Zener AMPS 335;+3 307;+6 269;+9 288 ATrak

Nope, no kitties demanded belly pats, but neither one has been all that keen to eat today. But then, Zener did hack up a big hairball! My vet uses the Alpha Trak too, so that is why I got one and now I'm used to it too. There seems to be so much to manage all at once, that I couldn't take on a new meter yet. I should be receiving the relion this week as my back up and will test them against each other. I have found a bit cheaper test strips for the ATrak at http://www.americandiabeteswholesale.com/

Thanks for the kind words for me and Zener!

13. Anne & Zener GA

Here is the latest so far:

06/30/11
    +6 269 ate a little (less than 1 oz) FF whitefish and tuna classic - hairball shortly after
    +9 288 no food

Looks like he is on the way back up, so unless PMPS is below 210, I will shoot 1.5 u. I'll post if there is a problem with his PMPS.

14. Ann & Maggie11 (GA)

Ann & Maggie11 (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Anne, yes, that is where I buy my AlphaTrak strips, much cheaper than the Vet's, and they get here in no time. Looking good for Zener. No wonder they're not eating with the catch and then the hairball...Maggie isn't eating all that great either, but she's indoors here as I live in an apartment. It's hot here today though and that throws off their appetite with the heat. I'm about to put the A/C back on tonight. Have a good night.

15. julie & punkin (ga)

julie & punkin (ga) Well-Known Member

looks like zener is going to give you a little gift tonight - sleep! :D

16. Anne & Zener GA

Thanks Ann & Julie for all your support! I'll be getting Zener's PMPS, feeding and shooting. Then checking a +2 and off to Snoozeville - at least that's the plan right now! I keep forgetting that the furry wonders had bird ala mode this am, and poor Zener had a hairball this afternoon. That's enough to throw a finicky feline off his feed!

cat_pet_icon

17. Anne & Zener GA

Re: 06/30/11 Zener PMPS 352 ATrak

Here's the summary for a much calmer day - completed 4 cycles at 1.5 u

06/30/11
    +6 269 ate a little (less than 1 oz) FF whitefish and tuna classic - hairball shortly after
    +9 288 no food
    PMPS 352 fed 1 oz BB Wilderness turkey, then 1 oz flaked tuna

As soon as the big guy finishes dinner (he hates to be distracted) will give 1.5 u. Then get a +2 before bedtime.

Today was a less exciting day, at least for me thank goodness. Zener or Tillie, no one is talking, left me a lovely present of a pile of finch feathers this morning, and had to chase a neighbor's cat out of their yard this evening, so they had a very exciting day!
    dancing_cat

18. Jill & Alex (GA)

Jill & Alex (GA) Senior Member Moderator

hmmm, makes me wonder if zener had a better appetite this morning than you may think! :lol:

19. Anne & Zener GA

You are so right Jill! Usually, Zener is the stalker, but he has a hard time making a catch with his CH, so Tillie (the Queen of Everything) takes the credit for it all! Things are looking much smoother tonight, thank goodness. :mrgreen:

But I am starting to stress a little about being away next week. Zener will be in the care of our vet tech, who will stay here (except when working) and overnight. We left him with her in May and he was fine. Still, I worry a little!

20. Jill & Alex (GA)

remind us again a day or two before you leave. we usually suggest a reduced dose while the caregiver is gone.
    will the vet tech be testing? how long will you be gone?

21. Anne & Zener GA

I will do that, thank you! I'll post a reminder on Monday. The vet tech will be testing AMPS, around +6 (she works at a clinic about 10 minutes away and comes on her lunch break to check on him), and PMPS. He also does not eat as well while we are away. Will be leaving on Wednesday (after AMPS, shot, and +3) mid-day July 6 and returning on Tuesday early afternoon July 12.

22. Jill & Alex (GA)

happy to hear she'll be testing! yes, remind us again right before you go.
    with a reduced dose and a VET TECH as your petsitter, you should be able to enjoy your trip! :D

23. Anne & Zener GA

Will do, it's on my Monday "things to do" list! Thank you! :mrgreen:

24. Anne & Zener GA

Here's the bedtime story for tonight.

06/30/11
    +9 288 no food
    PMPS 352 fed 1 oz BB Wilderness turkey, then 1 oz flaked tuna
    +2 359 ate another 2 oz flaked tuna

Things seem to be pretty good at +2, so we're off to bed! Will post BG values again in the morning.
    I-)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.