12/30 Snoopy - AMPS 439/PMPS 334

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Nikki and Snoopy (GA), Dec 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nikki and Snoopy (GA)

Nikki and Snoopy (GA) New Member

We have been having trouble getting Snoopy's BG to settle down since The Maple Syrup Incident. Plus, I have been having a horrendous crunch time at work so I haven't been around to gather data much between shots. We've also had some food changes, there were two or three days during this period when I had to mix MC without gravy into his food because the store was out & their shipment was delayed due to the holiday.

Recap:
    12/25: beautiful blue surf all day long (last daily post)
    12/26: yellow surf, then some blue.
    12/27: bounce to pink... then pink/yellow surf due to Maple Syrup Incident
    12/28: came down to blue (at least) mid-cycle but bounced to red by PMPS, which was +13 due to aforementioned work craziness :(
    12/29: Pink preshots, but I suspect he hit some blue, now is bouncing HARD with 496 at +11. Gave fluids & it helped to bring him down a bit by AMPS.

WCR during this time has been all good, though I think he may be feeling the high BG this morning. Otherwise happy hungry furry & purry, though.

My conservative nature says his liver is a little out of practice and maybe he'll settle down with a little more time. However, he's been at this dose 11 days, and I had been thinking this weekend (possibly starting tonight) would be the time for an increase since I have half day tomorrow & all day Friday off. But with such so many irregularities, such big bounces & so few spot checks, I'm not sure I have the data to back up an increase just yet. What do you think?

Nikki & Snoopy

2. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

Re: 12/30 Snoopy - +11 496 - dose team eyes please

Hi again Nikki - hang on for dose help - by the way - ur SS link isn't showing up...try this when u can ok?

SS linking:
    Log into your SS and click on the Share tab that is on the upper right hand side of the page. Then click on Publish As Web Page. Put a check mark nex to "Automatically republish when changes are made" and make sure the drop down box above it set to All Sheets. Then copy the link in the bottom box. Click the Close button to save.

EDIT TO ADD: after you copy the link from google SS, come back here, go to USER CONTROL PANEL, edit signature, and paste the link, and submitt.

3. Nikki and Snoopy (GA)

Thanks Ronnie. I just republished my SS, is the link working now?

4. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

DOSE TEAM PLEASE - BUMP-

yup!! yai!!! :)

5. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

The maple syrup looks like it's cleared. Is there any chance Snoopy is getting into anything kibble-like when you're not around? Is there any chance he's got an infection brewing? Your profile also noted he's had a couple of bad hairballs so is there a chance that's a factor?

The other possibility is that Snoopy's numbers are dropping while you're at work and bouncing back up. Gabby has has PS numbers in the 400s and a mid-cycle in the 40s and earned a decrease so big swings are possible. Snoopy's numbers on 12/28 might suggest this is what's going on.

6. Nikki and Snoopy (GA)

Kibble --nope, don't have any in the house & I've been careful not to leave any food out since you-know-when.

Infection - anything's possible, but I haven't noticed anything which would lead me to worry.

Hairballs - he did try to cough a bit before the holiday and I assumed he had a minor hairball, but nothing came up and his BGs went down a bit so I hoped he passed it. [Edited to clarify - the two bad hairballs he's had in the past were in August (prime shedding season) and were so bad he couldn't keep food down and was vomiting blood. If this was a hairball, it was a tiny blip on the radar compared to those.] I thought about trying some laxative just in case, but I haven't been able to get him to eat food with Miralax in it, and since I'm already changing his food a bit (his stool color has improved since mixing his EVO with Merricks LC), I haven't wanted to do anything to discourage him from eating, especially since he sometimes neglects to eat when I'm at work anyway.

I agree that he might be dropping while I'm away. The blue at +3 on 12/28 made me think he might have seen green that day, and these look like pretty hard bounces to me. Pre-flare he had a habit of clearing rebound fast or dropping hard like Gabby, though post-flare I've rarely caught him doing it.

I gave the 1.75s this morning and will reevaluate tonight, I guess!

7. Nikki and Snoopy (GA)

12/30 Snoopy - AMPS 439/+1 454

Going to do my best to get home today by +9 or so. Wish me luck!

8. Cassandra and Sasha

Cassandra and Sasha Well-Known Member

Re: 12/30 Snoopy - AMPS 439/+1 454 - dose team

I agree it looks like an increase may be warranted. Have sent out an email and will have a recommendation before your PMPS.

9. Nikki and Snoopy (GA)

Re: 12/30 Snoopy - AMPS 439/+1 454/+9.5 367

Thanks Cassandra... will test again before PMPS to see how steep the rise is.

If we want to give it one more cycle to gather data, I'll commit to staying up tonight for spot checks... but we may just need to go ahead and go for it. He may have gotten blue last night to cause such a high red bounce, but I doubt he got green.

10. Cassandra and Sasha

Re: 12/30 Snoopy - AMPS 439/+1 454/+9.5 367

I think we agree - you can go up to a skinny 2u tonight. He could have had some glucose toxicity build after the sugar incident that needs to be busted through. Just stay on top of testing (which I know you will, because you always do :)), especially when you change back to a lower carb food.

11. Nikki and Snoopy (GA)

Re: 12/30 Snoopy - AMPS 439/+1 454/+9.5 367/+11.5 318

Interestingly, he's actually on the way down. Still on board for increasing tonight?

12. Cassandra and Sasha

As long as you test tonight, you are still good to go. :)

13. Nikki and Snoopy (GA)

Shooting! Only a half day tomorrow so I can manage it half asleep if needed. :)

14. Jill & Alex (GA)

Jill & Alex (GA) Senior Member Moderator

good luck with the new dose!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.