4/23 Jazzy (acro) AMPS 225, PMPS 154

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Libby and Lucy, Apr 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

Last Condo

Happy Caturday!

I think last time I posted I was complaining because Jazzy was trying to make me microdose between 10.5 and 10.75. Well, in typical acro fashion, she changed her mind and decided to just settle for needing more insulin. So upward we go. 11.5 units today.

In typical Libby fashion, I wasn't feeling well last night and forgot to shoot her. :oops: And naturally, she gave a better AMPS than she probably would have if she had gotten her shot. Acromegaly and high doses give you a whole new respect for the concept of the shed.

WCR: Jazzy has been a happy kitty this week! Usually she is pretty grumpy, but she has purred for almost every test this week.

In Jazzy's other news, she is now the #1 kitty on Siamese Rescue's adoption website (click on Siamese Available). That means she has been in the program longer than any other cat. If you know anybody who wants a grumpy purry acro geezer meezer, send them to that site. She can stay here as long as she needs to, but she would really love to find a furever home.

2. Tena and Curry(GA)

Tena and Curry(GA) Well-Known Member

Re: 4/23 Jazzy (acro) AMPS 225

Oh sweet Jazzy. You have the best mommabean ever.....You need to let her know that.

Hope you feel better Libby.

3. Nicole & Baby

Nicole & Baby Well-Known Member

Happy Caturday, Libby & Jazzy...Lucy too! Excited to see your condo.. for some reason I thought Jazzy WAS in her FURever home! She sure is blessed to be with you!
    It is amazing to me how some of the kitties need so much juice, I often wonder if you have to replace the Lantus more than monthly :?
    Good to see that a skipped shot did not result in an out of control # this morning! I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!!

4. Sherry & Zoe (GA)

Sherry & Zoe (GA) Well-Known Member

Happy Caturday to Libby, Jazzy and of course, Lucy!

Glad to see she is doing so well - not that I would have expected anything less with you caring for her! Pretty nice AMPS for missing her shot - what a shed she must have.

Purrs to all the kitties and nice to see you. cat_pet_icon

5. Lisa and Do Lou (GA)

Lisa and Do Lou (GA) Well-Known Member

Nice to see a Jazzy condo that she is doing well :mrgreen:

6. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

Jazzy is one very lucky little girl!!! She says "what do you MEAN I need to find a home some time??" :lol:

7. bev5477

bev5477 Well-Known Member

I couldn't resist reading Jazzy's condo. I used the link to the 'Siamese Rescue' site. She's a beautiful cat with some really special needs. Did you ever think that maybe you're her special angel? I can't stay here too long, I've got a date with a +3R soon. I'm glad you were watching Gus' #s this AM.

8. Lisa and Do Lou (GA)

Lisa and Do Lou (GA) Well-Known Member

was kinda thinking the same thing mabe you are her furever home Libby :D

9. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

PMPS 154 :smile: and that was an hour late. We like this dose much better (for now, until it proves to be too much, like probably tomorrow).

Jazzy is considered a hospice placement, and if she is not adopted soon (which I seriously doubt), the rescue will move her to "Resident" status. Then she will officially stay here for life, but will still be Siamese Rescue's cat. If for some reason I can't keep her, she will go back to the Center. I can't afford to adopt her - I refuse to be one of those people who takes on more cats than I can take good care of. I have three of my own, plus her. My civvie Mickey has heart disease and while he is easy now, I know at some point soon he will start requiring a lot more of my money. Knowing that is in the near future, it wouldn't be responsible for me to adopt another cat with medical needs. As long as she belongs to rescue, they pay the medical stuff, so that arrangement works for me and for them. It does mean that the rescue makes the decisions related to her medical care, so when she starts getting to the end of her life I'm sure I will adopt her so I can manage that the way I want. That's down the road a ways, I hope.

Nicole - in answer to your question about insulin, she is on Levemir and a vial lasts between 40-45 days.

Thanks, everyone, for visiting today! I'm going to try to remember to open condos most Caturdays. It makes me sad that most of the acro kitties don't have condos here anymore.

10. Barbara and tuffy

Barbara and tuffy Well-Known Member

Nice report for Jazzy and an equally nice sentiment from her Foster Bean. Good to see a Jazzy condo.

11. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Libby, So nice to read more about Jazzy. She sure is a lucky kitty to have you!
    Enjoy the weekend with your fur family.

Ella & Rusty

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.