Squishy Merlin's Caturday report and full moon warning

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by squeem3, Mar 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. squeem3

squeem3 Well-Known Member

Squishy Merlin is giving all moon kitties a heads up: A so-called "supermoon" will be here on March 19, http://news.yahoo.com/s/space/20110310/ ... ldisasters Not only that, but it's a full moon fll_moon Keep a close eye on those bgs and be prepared for a big bounce @-)

Leroy and Emma are doing well. Leroy is just a troublemaker :shock: He just gets into everything :? I'm constantly telling him NO and worrying about another trip to the ER @-) And he's always ambushing Emma. He just wants to play but Emma isn't always in the mood for wrestling. Emma is just Emma :lol: She's well behaved for the most part. She's really not attention demanding or into head scratching.

[​IMG]

Leroy sees Dr. B in 2 weeks. He has really really bad breath and his gumline is red :shock: I do brush his teeth and the toothbrush is always covered in blood afterwards :eek: I'm just swabbing at his teeth but I guess even that irratates his teeth/gums. I asked Dr. B if he recommends a dental appt but he said I could just see him first because it was cheaper :D Still, Leroy is an expensive cat. Not sure what Squishy had in mind when he sent me Leroy.

Speaking of which, can I ask for the advice of financial savvy beans here? I thought about posting this on the other board but there's not a lot of traffic over there. I'm getting a work bonus and a pretty decent tax refund from the IRS soon :smile: I was thinking of taking some of all that money and putting it into savings (no doubt to be used by Leroy at some time in the future :razz: ). The rest would go into my mortgage. Does that make good financial sense? Should the money go towards the principle? The interest? Split between the priciple and interest? :?: :?:

2. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Your kittens are just adorable! The issues with Leroy's teeth don't sound so great, though. Have you spoken with the breeder?

I'm the last person in the world you want to get financial advice from. My sister tells me I put an entirely new meaning on "disposable income."

3. Christie & Willie (GA)

Christie & Willie (GA) Well-Known Member

Such sweet babies!!! Hope the dental issues get figured out soon!

Hmmm.... I don't know the intricacies of the whole tax law thing, but I would probably put the extra money towards the principal on your mortgage. While paying on the interest will mean more interest paid this year, so perhaps a slightly larger mortgage interest deduction on your taxes, putting it towards principal means that less interest will be accruing, and so while you get less in terms of short term benefit, long term, that little extra boost can make a big difference. I try to do that on certain private student loans I have with higher interest... I pay a little extra each month towards the principal, which leads to less interest accruing, and less money to pay back in the long run. But that's just my two cents. (no pun intended :lol: :lol: )

LOL@Sienne... Love it!!

4. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

SuperMoon, eh! We'll have to have a SuperParty (even more super than usual)!

Sorry to hear about LeRoy's bad teeth and gums and hope you can get him in for a dental soon. It must be painful. Great pic of your kitties.
    No money advice. Sorry!

Have a good weekend,
    Ella & Rusty

5. mybuddybinks

mybuddybinks Well-Known Member

in awe of the beauty of your kitties, and cracking up over Sienne's remark!

Have a great week!! and I'm convinced Squishy Merlin was right on target sending you both your babies!

6. squeem3

One of the paperwork I was given is about dental care. Apparently Abys are prone to dental problems starting around 6 months. And some can develop stomatis :shock: Dr. B will come up with a plan on how to treat Leroy's issues.

And now I think Emma needs to see Dr. B :? She's been "off" the past 2 days - sleepier than usual and not chasing/wrestling with Leroy and meatloafing. Her appetite was fine until dinner tonight. She picked at the NV raw nugget. She ate most of the Prowl before slinking off to the bedroom and curling up in a box. She's not licking her lips so I don't think she's nauseous. Her litter box use is normal. No vomiting. I don't think she could have eaten something non-edible because I have zero stuff hanging out on counters or tables and the floors are kept free of anything remotely toy-like because Leroy will eat it.

Lol :lol:

That's what I was thinking. If I just continue to pay the same amount every month (with most of the money going towards intrest, some to principle, and some to escrow), at the end of 30 years I would have paid more than the what the original mortgage amout was. So extra money towards the principle makes more sense and I could pay off the mortgage a little sooner.

Squishy Merlin says that moon kitties need to get a pair of super bouncy moon shoes from JoJo's shoe store ;-) Does anyone have a copy of the pic of the shoe store? The original link doesn't work anymore.

7. squeem3

Emma is going to the vet tomorrow. She's still not eating much and she's hiding and not playing with Leroy :sad: She even refused a CET dental treat and normally she goes nuts for it. She's going to see Dr. W, the same vet who DXd Squishy with asthma and let us try Levemir. Squishy later ended up seeing Dr. B because Dr. W had us do an 18 hour curve on a SID dose trial and said that bgs were fine on that :roll: Dr. B will be Emma's regular vet, I just need Emma to see any available vet right now for treatment. I'll give Dr. B a heads up and maybe bring Emma along with Leroy next week for him to do a follow up.

8. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

I hope the vet visits help Emma and Leroy to feel better soon.

I ran across that JoJo's Shoe Store photo not too long ago. Maybe D has a copy?

I would pay the principal.

Have a good day, and hope your babies feel better, today.

9. squeem3

I hope so, too. Leroy's depressed and frustrated because Emma won't play with him :sad: Emma is curled up in the playground napping.

Have I mentioned that my pets always end up being really expensive with some health issue? @-) I must somehow attract health issue prone pets :razz: Which isn't necessarily bad, I guess. I've been told by vets that I am the most dedicated pet owner they have ever worked with.

Found it :D

[​IMG]

Interestingly, I found it in Squishy's 1 year GA anniversary post, http://felinediabetes.com/FDMB/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=29065

Hmm... with two upcoming vet visits I might not be able to put as much money towards the principle as I originally thought. But I guess a little extra money is better than none at all.

10. mybuddybinks

mybuddybinks Well-Known Member

best of luck on the vet visits!

i love the insulin shoes story!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.