oldtimer Chika update for 01/23

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Juanita & Chika (GA), Jan 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Juanita & Chika (GA)

Juanita & Chika (GA) Member

Hello all you wonderful LLer's!

Chika's bio: FD dx June/07, originally on PZI. Started Lantus June/08 and found our furever home (LL!) Sept/08. Dx with Acromegaly July/09. This was done completely at the urging of Jojo to have the acro test done. Our vet initially refused and I had to "man up" (again at Jojo's urging) and call back and insist she do the test. Needless to say, I could hear her jaw on the floor when she called with the results, 490 ish (can't remember exact number).

Bean bio: married to a great DH who doesn't obsess over numbers like I do but, none the less, tests and shoots like a pro. We are childless by choice and Chika is an "only". We both work full time so any lapses in testing are because TBP gets in the way!

WCR: we are working at keeping her out of the greens, (not a good place for acro's to hang out) and out of the yellows. lovely bloooo is our goal. She is mostly happy and purry and even dashes about on occasion. She loves to eat and drinks like crazy which I am totally okay with.

We are huge fans of LL and are grateful to be part of this family, newbies, oldies and everyone inbetween! See you next Caturday!

2. Cyn and Cosmo

Cyn and Cosmo Member

Bloo is beautiful Chika!!

So good to hear she is doing well!!

3. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

Great job in discovering Chika's condition and in handling it nicely!
    You and your DH sound like a great team and we send loving wishes for unending days
    of lovely blooooos for you all!
    Thank you so much for sharing your story...happy Caturday to you three!

4. Jen and Oreo (GA)

Jen and Oreo (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Chika :smile: Glad to hear you are doing well.

5. Roni and Moonie

Roni and Moonie Well-Known Member

Miss you guys here...Glad to hear Miss Chika is doing well & you & DH are doing fine..LL is quite different these days--Maybe you could stop by & visit us-OK? Hugs from Us :YMHUG:

6. Heather and Jasper

Heather and Jasper Member

Wonderful to see a Chika report!

Been missing you guys!

7. Joan and Madison

Joan and Madison Member

Happy Old Timer's Day! That's a great WCR. :smile:

8. Linda and Bear Man

Linda and Bear Man Well-Known Member

Great update on Chika, and a really nice post. The Canadian Acro department of LL is expanding. It's great that you and Wendi have paved the way.

9. Wendi and Milo (GA)

Wendi and Milo (GA) Member

Wonderful WCR!
    So nice to see an update and happy she is doing so well.

10. Nina and KB

Nina and KB Well-Known Member

I'm glad you opened a condo for Chika today, have missed you. Gotta get her pretty pic in here, though.

11. OptOut

OptOut Well-Known Member

You do such a nice job with Chika! Keep up the good bloooos.

12. Cassandra and Sasha

Cassandra and Sasha Well-Known Member

I'll always feel a special kinship with those I knew from the days before LL. :smile: It's as if we weathered a storm together, at least in my mind. It's so wonderful to see a Chika update today. You have been missed here in LL.

You and DH have done an impressive job with Chika, having her properly diagnosed and working with the Acro diagnosis like total pros. She's obviously a very happy kitty, which is a true testament to the love and care you give her.

LL is a better place with you and Chika in it. [​IMG]

13. jojo and bunny

jojo and bunny Member

hey you! long time no see! oh i have to show leslie and bayley your SS (she just got her acro test results), what a sweet run you had again in nov and dec. awesome awesome job you are doing! seriously that is one great looking acro SS. i am really impressed.
    i see you are having some constipation issues starting, good move to get her started right away on the meds (oh boy does constipation effect any cat's BG numbers, felines simply cannot handle being the slightest bit constipated, has to do with being built as a predator species). what is Lax-a-Day? i never heard of it. like miralax? and yes what you are doing is EXACTLY how one should dose constipation meds. too much so that you know what dose causes too soft a stool and then back off dose from there until you get perfect consistency. it doesn't work to do it like with starting insulin, SLUGS (start low go slow) with constipation meds cause then you can't figure out dose since colon is not starting off empty, ya do the opposite (SHBO? start high, back off, lol).
    sounds like she has a real nice WCR there. cool! and she has you to thank, takes dedication and knowledge to get a SS like that which i'm sure helps that WCR be as nice as it is.

that is the goal newbies of regular old diabetic cats if you are reading this~ take the BG numbers out of the WCR.

14. Judith and Thomas

Judith and Thomas Member

What a great update for Chika.

You guys are doing such a great job with/for her...she's very lucky to have you guys as her beans...and you are lucky to have her, too! :D

Judith and Thomas (GA)

15. Jill & Alex (GA)

Jill & Alex (GA) Senior Member Moderator

hi juanita! have missed you here in LL. looks like chika's doing very well! :D
    don't be a stranger...

16. Michelle and Doodle

Michelle and Doodle Member

Love seeing a Chika report!
    You know I watched you both struggling over at the other board and was soo soo happy when you decided to move over to FDMB.
    You've done such a great job Juanita.
    You both have a special place in my heart!

17. Sashasmom

Sashasmom Member

Hi Juanita!
    Happy "old timers day"!!
    Great to see Chika doing so well

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.