1/22 Kitty AMPS 85

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Kathy and Kitty, Jan 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kathy and Kitty

Kathy and Kitty Well-Known Member

ETA: Yesterday: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=3477

(Guess who did NOT get to bed on time and can't remember anything today, but at least Kitty got his +2 snack...)

I hope to get to the next dose for no other reason than this: Measuring this dose makes me nuts!! angry(2)_cat grr_red grumpy_cat

These syringes are so imperfect. It is so hard to tell whether the irregular rubber stopper is correctly aligned with the crooked line!

If he got less than he should have today (by a drop), I attest it was inadvertent! cat(2)_steam

Rant over. Other than that, we're fine. :mrgreen:

2. Roni and Moonie

Roni and Moonie Well-Known Member

YEs I agree-those skinnies & fats are crazy to measure!!-Been doing it for 2 yrs now! It can make you nuts,UNTIL you look at those beautiful numbers!!! You are doing amazing--Kitty tell Moonie she can do it too!! Have A great day!

3. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

ok so how is Kitty? We know you're stressin' and peeved, what's Kitty doing?

being a green kitty :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

lol, take a breather and pick urself up and hug your green kitty!
    You are doing an awesome job making him (edit lol) feel better!!

4. Helene & Tizon

Helene & Tizon Well-Known Member

Hi Kathy,

I see that you are mad at the syringes... yeah... I know, I threw out a bunch, but I couldn't get other ones in here. Don't drive yourself totally crazy.... you still got yourself a green Kitty and you are doing a fantastic job!

Could you attach yesterday's condo when you have a chance please.
    Happy Friday!

5. Kathy and Kitty

Cassandra was kind enough to send me a syringe with half-unit marker...but it was 29 gauge instead of 30, and I got the dirtiest look from Kitty when we tried it. :YMSIGH:

My only other option is to go to the shorter needle, which makes me nervous. I'm afraid I won't get it in all the way.

There is absolutely no rational explanation why BD won't put half -inch markings on the 30-gauge half-inch syringe. They should not be allowed to be irrational. They are not a cat! grumpy_cat

6. Miriam and Putty (GA)

Miriam and Putty (GA) Well-Known Member

At one time I would not use anyting other than BD brand but there were so many bubbles and it was hard to measure with the crooked line so I bought GNP brand because I saw a post where Jojo said she uses them. I love them.....well love may be strong, but I really, really like them. The numbers are easier to see, they hardly ever have bubbles, and they slide back and forth easily. I also use short needles and I have not had a problem getting in all the insulin.

7. Helene & Tizon

Helene & Tizon Well-Known Member

I had to buy the BDs in Canada and they did have the 1/2 unit markings - and IMO you're shooting a cat not a tiger, the little needles work wonderful... but I agree with Miriam - others are much preferable... but I couldn't get my paws on them.

8. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

way to go, Kitty! Green, green, green. :mrgreen:

9. Kathy and Kitty

Re: 1/22 Kitty +6 74, PMPS 77

OMG. I have nothing to worry about! :eek: Someone? Anyone??

Helene, I won't tell Kitty he isn't a tiger. He might have an identity crisis! :D

I guess it's time to try the short needle -- GNP. I hate change (except for dosecreases!). :mrgreen:

10. Kathy and Kitty

Re: 1/22 Kitty PM +2 74

Tested. Snacked. Petted to sleep on the couch. Life is good.

Ni NI!

11. Cassandra and Sasha

Cassandra and Sasha Well-Known Member

Re: 1/22 Kitty +6 74, PMPS 77

Life looks good. :D

Ni ni!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.