1/21 Morris AMPS 380; +9 391; PMPS 387; +1.5 394-frustrated

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Gwen and Morris, Jan 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gwen and Morris

Gwen and Morris Member

4yesterday: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=3357&p=31634#p31634

What happened to my nice blue?!?!? I had 3 blue pre-shots in a row & now stinkus pinkus has returned?!?! No idea where this number is coming from, but I am NOT impressed! I have to work today....won't be home until +9 and will see where he is at that point.

WCR: All P's are in fine order!

I know we talk about how our furry friends are more than just a number. Really, I think Morris is doing fabulously well these days (now that you have all calmed my not eating worries). I even caught him RUNNING in the house this morning! He looks & acts like one very healthy kitty & I am very pleased by all of this. BUT, it is just so frustrating some days seeing how well he is & then getting ugly numbers on the ss!!!! I have said before.....I would not care if I needed to give Morris insulin every day for the rest of his life, but I would like to find a dose that gives nice consistent numbers!!! I am not a patient person by nature & this roller coaster ride is driving me absolutely nuts some days!

Thanks for letting me vent this morning! :YMSIGH:

2. PeterDevonMocha

PeterDevonMocha Well-Known Member

Re: 1/21 Morris AMPS 380!!!

oh how I understand your frustration! Be thankful you have had some blue PS numbers as we are still struggling to get there. But I do know what you mean about trying to find some consistency. I would love it if that ever happened for mocha. I guess all we can do is be thankful for happy kitties, that occasionally give us a run for our money with low numbers and cause us grey hairs with their high ones! If you ever need to vent, come to mochas condo. I usually pout there once a day myself :lol:

3. Cassandra and Sasha

Cassandra and Sasha Well-Known Member

Could be just a bounce from yesterday's AM cycle. He'll come back down. Come back down, Morris!

4. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

He might have gone low during last night too....hang in there.
    I won't tell you to be "patient' cause I hate when someone says that to me.... :lol:
    But you are doing a good job and so is Morris :thumbup

5. Gwen and Morris

Gwen and Morris Member

Thank you Cassandra & Pat! I appreaciate that there is always someone around here to calm my nerves when needed! LOL! I will be home in approx 3 hours from now & will see where he is at then (will be approx +9)

6. Gwen and Morris

Gwen and Morris Member

Re: 1/21 Morris AMPS 380; +9 391!!!

This is definately not what I was hoping to see this afternoon!

He seems to be doing well today.....I woke him up when I got home! LOL! After poking him, I took him over to his feeder as he had not touched his +8 snack yet (he did, however, eat most of his +2 and +5 snacks today). While he was eating, I cleaned out his LB.

I will be out with dd tonight......have to miss the +10 and +11, but will be home in time for PMPS.

7. Gwen and Morris

Gwen and Morris Member

Re: 1/21 Morris AMPS 380; +9 391; PMPS 387!!!

So, what does it mean when he is surfing at higher levels?

8. Gwen and Morris

Gwen and Morris Member

Feeling pretty frustrated tonight! It is not so much the pink that is bothering, but the fact that his number basically did not change all day long! :-x

I am going to go to bed now & hope to see an improvement in the numbers tomorrow :YMSIGH:

9. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Gwen --

If you look at Gabby's Ss, you'll see I really understand. One thing that Gabby sill sometimes do is have a flat cycle either in yellow or pink, like yesterday evening into today's (well, Thurs.) AM cycle. This kind of pattern precedes an action cycle. I don't know if this will apply to Morris, but it is something that some our the kitties here will do. It's almost like they are gathering up energy for low numbers.

10. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

Gwen,

In the morns, if I catch a number before ps time, I have to keep busy and ignore Shadoe or she will bug me for some food, so what I do is see what catches my eye in the subject lines.
    I saw yours and said to myself HEY I can relate! That's Shadoe's kinda numbers! So I came on in.

And what did I find? Almost a mirror what I think all the time.

OK, so maybe we have not had any ps blues, but we have had nicer numbers, and then the fraidy cat Shadoe scoots back to what I call her 'comfy pinks'. It's almost as if she is 'not ready yet' for the lower ones, but from time to time, she tests the lower colors like sticking her paw in the water to test the temperature.

It really is frustrating to see higher numbers than you want, but look to Morris for directions, cuz we all know who's the boss, right? Morris will tell you; you just have to wait and listen. If you have ruled out any health issues that may be causing the latest pink numbers, then it's just the same old, same old. Wait the cycles, the change dose as fitting.

I am hoping for what Sienne said - really flat comes just before good stuff - because Shadoe has been so flat pink that I thought my meter was not working haha_smiley For all I know, it's just related to her recent pancreatitis dx, but bottom line is the most important: Shadoe's acting well.

So how is Morris acting? It could well be that Morris dipped that paw into the blues, just to test, and now, Morris is thinking about it. And when Morris is good and ready, Morris will move to those blues.

And so we wait. :YMSIGH:

Cheer up there Gwen, if that bottom line shows Morris is acting well, then the numbers will come along.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.