12/29 Rocket PMPS 112 +2.5 58 +3 67 +3.75 72

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Rocket & his Mom, Dec 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rocket & his Mom

Rocket & his Mom Well-Known Member

Hello All,
    It's taken me a while to write. Many of you know that things have not been ok with Rocket.....here is yesterday viewtopic.php?f=9&t=33009

LAST NIGHT'S WCR:
    his pmps 110 i fed him and he ate ok...i have to get him out from under the bed again...but he stayed on the bed and i knew he wanted to get my undivided attention....so i stayed with him and i didn't even have dinner until much later...as he decided to cuddle with me and i couldn't even get out of bed...that was a good sign...

+2.75 95...he ate again and i noticed his ears and paws were very warm to touch...and the thermometer did not have batteries (sent DH to the pharmacy to get new batteries but the kind needed was not in stock :sad: ) so i couldn't test to see if he had a fever

he decided to get up and wanted to go visit with the others and sat/slept on the coffee table....each time i'd made the attempt to get up from the couch...he would get up almost as to say to me "i'm not hiding you stay with me as well"....

+5 i fed him he was sociable but didn't eat much....

i made the painful decision not to test him beside the 3 tests i got....1)i was constantly feeding him small meals 2)didn't want him to retrieve under the bed as he was making an effort to stay out 3) he is eating and if he was in severe pain/or what have you....he would not be eating....by the time +6.5 last night he had gone back to being under the bed....i got up to feed him at +9 only to find him on his bed in the dinning room so he got out from under the bed on his own after his +7.....i fed him at +10 and +11 (didn't eat much but i didn't want to withhold food from him)....

TODAY'S WCR:
    AMPS 112....fed breffis...ate it all...ears and paws very warm to touch (even last night)...@+0.75 he wanted fluids as he was waiting for me in the bathroom....so i gave him chicken dust while we waited for the fluids to warm up

we both went btb and he slept in my arms for about 1 hr (arm was pretty sore but worth every minute of it)....shortly after he got up to go under the bed....i was going to test him at +2 but fell asleep (i'm mentally and physically drained)...

+3 70 i placed his food under the bed...he licked it once and decided to come out from hiding....i put the food infront of him after i tested him...and he ate it all and he never went back under the bed

+4 70 fed again and stayed all cuddled up on the bed....

+5.5 77...fed small meal again....he then decided he wanted to come out from the room and wanted to play while sitting on the coffee table...which i played with him....

everyone is out....my folks are giving me time with Rocket...and so is DH....

it is now his +8 and he has been sleeping ON the bed not under!!! :D

so i'm not testing him until later on

i do have a bp monitor and since this summer i have not tested his bp....things have been pretty chaotic and that has not been on the top of the things to do....his K+ was good on Nov1 lab report...he is eating/drinking ok all things considered....

vet is closed until next week...i've been reading a lot the CRF website and things that come back to to check with him is his BP....i'm waiting for him to semi wake up to test him....the warm ears/paws comes back to Hyper-T as a possibility....i do hope it does not come to it....he sure does NOT need another illness....

sorry it's a long report....that's where we are at....his SS is updated...

my plate is pretty full and i'm sorry if i don't get to visit condos....i do want to...i have taken everyone's input to heart and have looked/read on each possibility

the hiding is normal with CRF cats...the shivering is normal in them too....cause for the first one is when they don't feel well....for the shivering could be anemia...he did not have it last lab report....i know things can change in them quite quickly....he gets vit B and last folic test as well he was pretty darn good....i hope it's just having people around...the wanting my undivided attention...that is also a sign he is not feeling well....have read pretty much the entire CRF site again....for now....i will keep a close eye on him and note changes...as i said...he is eating pretty good and have not had to syringe feed him as of yet....

2. Mowgli and Keri

Mowgli and Keri Member

Re: 12/29 Rocket AMPS 112 +3 70 +4 70 +5.5 77-LONG UPDATE

Just sending some hugs your way! Hope everything turns out just to be due the company...
    I love Rockets pictures you have in your sig and your avatar...
    Enjoy your time alone with him today! :smile:

3. Karrie and Maverick

Karrie and Maverick Well-Known Member

I'm sending hugs your way too. Maybe he just doesn't like them ear pricks ;) He has a loving attentive bean watching over him. Glad you got some cuddle time in today with Rocket.

4. Georgia and Simon (GA)

Georgia and Simon (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm glad Rocket decided to come out from under the bed for awhile today and the cuddle time must have been wonderful. I'm hoping he continues to eat for you and that he is feeling even better tomorrow. Hugs!

5. Nicole & Baby

Nicole & Baby Well-Known Member

:YMHUG: thinking of you both & thanking you for the update. Overall.. a very good report :smile:

6. Lisa and Do Lou (GA)

Lisa and Do Lou (GA) Well-Known Member

sending (((((HUGS)))) and healing vines to help him feel better

7. Barb & Checkers (GA)

Barb & Checkers (GA) Well-Known Member

Claudia, I'm sending hugs to you, and healing vines to Rocket, too.

8. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

Hi Claudia,

sounds like a lot of cuddle time with Rocket. cat_pet_icon
    I hope he continues to feel better and eat more! :YMHUG:

9. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Claudia, Rocket's numbers look good, so he probably doesn't have a fever. I hope he will feel much better tomorrow. Perhaps it is the holidays and he is a bit stressed. Sending lots of lovely vines to Rocket and some positive thoughts to go along with them.
    I hope that you both will have a good night tonight. Rusty will be over later with some chicken soup.

:YMHUG: :YMHUG:

Ella & Rusty

10. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

Claudia...sending many hugs and healing vines to you and Rocket!!

11. Roni and Moonie

Roni and Moonie Well-Known Member

Oh dearest Rocket, we here are all hoping you feel all better by the time the extra beans leave--Moonie knows your stress!..
    Just keep eating and sticking near your momma bean, since momma knows best!!--We lubs you & want you to be well--
    Giant HUgs & Tons of Healing vines to you Rocket Man! & to you Claudia--Hope tomorrow is good!

12. Rocket & his Mom

Rocket & his Mom Well-Known Member

thank you all for your well wishes...it means a lot to me....and to Rocket....

after pmps he ate and i followed him to the bedroom...i had the bed blocked underneath...so he went on the bed and i put his blankies on him as to keep him warm....he seemed tired...so once he was all sleepy i needed to head out for about 1 hr (took a lil longer than expected with the snow we got here last night and today)....as soon as i got home i found him sleeping on the bed (same position i left him in)....

tested +2.5 58....so i fed him and he was not interested but i put more liver dust and he started licking
    +3 67...fed a lil more...he got up to lie by the water bowl in the bathroom...i picked him up and placed him on the bed
    +3.75 72....fed him some more...he got up again to go lie by the waterbowl....once again i picked him up and put him on the bed....he slept a lil bit....then since i saw he insisted in going under the bed...i unblocked it and he is now sleeping under the bed....

managed to take his bp reading today....4 readings...but they were quite high....i posted in the health forum to see if anyone with experience can shed light on that....my gut feeling tells me it's hyper-T....i hope i'm wrong....

i miss visiting condos....i'm really tired....been reading up on hyper-T and many many more things....my head is spinning....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.