12/6 Sooty AMPS 289 +6 243 PMPS 270 +4 274

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Perry and Sooty, Dec 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Perry and Sooty

Perry and Sooty Well-Known Member

Yesterday's condo...

All is OK with Sooty this AM, this is the 3rd cycle at 11.0u...

Have a good Monday, LL peeps! I'm off to the tbp !!

2. PeterDevonMocha

PeterDevonMocha Well-Known Member

Re: 12/6 Sooty AMPS 289

Good morning guys! A sunny start to the day for sooty ... hoping he comes down a bit and sees blue later on! have a great day guys!

3. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

Nice number there Sooty; let's see some more from this dose - yellow is nice, but blue is nicer.
    Have a great day at tbp, Perry.

4. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

Happy Monday to you all! Blue would be fine whenever you are ready Sooty! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

5. Miriam and Putty (GA)

Miriam and Putty (GA) Well-Known Member

Are you blue yet Sooty?
    Have a good day Perry. :mrgreen:

6. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

I hope Sooty's not blue -- his numbers can be blue but I'd much prefer a happy kitty!

7. Perry and Sooty

Re: 12/6 Sooty AMPS 289 +6 243

Sooty has a blue collar, if that is any help? confused_cat

:arrow: to the blue floor, Sooty...! ;-)

8. Barbara and tuffy

Barbara and tuffy Well-Known Member

Get some nice blue numbers to go with your blue collar Sooty. Have a great day. I know, you have cold weather too. BRRRRRRRRRRRR

9. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

ok, Sooty, it's time for a breakthrough now. (I know, be careful what you wish for, that first breakthrough on an acro can be scary!).

He will get there, some time.

I wouldn't mind seeing you hold the current dose a few cycles longer than you have been. I think most likely you're just not up to Sooty's good dose yet, but another consideration is that with all the 1 unit increases every 4 cycles, you're never really giving him a chance to get past any NDW to see what this dose can do. I'm wondering if the pink on every 4th cycle means anything.

What I've seen recommended before is to increase by 1 unit every 6 cycles, or by 0.5 units every 4 cycles, until you see some movement. I think a pause every now and then would give him a chance to catch up with us. I wouldn't pause for too long, of course, because you DO need for him to break through this and you don't want him to adjust too much to a dose that isn't working. But an extra day every now and then won't hurt and might help.

Has anyone talked to you about using a bolus insulin? (Humulin R).

10. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

That's a good idea to hold the 11u for 6 cycles; I know that Ollie takes 6cycles often to recognize I changed his dose. There have been times when I was just about to increase then boom, he drops lower.

About using R, I'd say to talk to Carolyn about it. Using R is great to pull down from higher numbers and then surfing along at a better level. I never use R for numbers under 400 now because Shadoe drops alot with just a small amount, but Ollie does not barely budge. With Sooty already in 200s, if he is sensitive to R and drops alot like Shadoe, you'd be in a position that may be difficult to raise up. I think I'd ask Carolyn or someone with more R experience to read ss and figure if R would be a good addition to the mix.

11. Perry and Sooty

Thanks for all the blue wishes everyone, and Libby, Gayle, thanks for the thoughts on dosing. OK we will hold it at 11.0 for at least another 2 cycles and see what happens!

No, no-one has yet talked to us about using R - I guess that we're always pretty much in the yellows and not constantly at more worrisome pinks or reds, has kind of delayed such ideas. I'm open to all suggestions however as you can imagine!

Have a real good night one and all,
    Perry.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.