11/19 Gracie PMPS 339 + 1 350 +2 348 +4 350

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Marje and Gracie, Nov 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

Yesterday: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=30068

Recap:
    AMPS: 284 4th cycle 1.25u+2: 264
    +4: 135
    +5: 98
    +6: 100
    +9: VET VISIT
    PMPS: 432 5th cycle 1.25u
    +2: 291
    +4: 229

Happy Friday LL! Well...it's been quite a morning for us already!

WCR: I noticed last night that Gracie's eyes were tearing again so I did her warm compresses. This morning, she was squinting...eyes almost shut. So I did her AMPS (YIKES!!!), fed, shot and called vet at 7:45. They told me to bring her right over so sans shower, makeup, hair done, etc, I just whisked her to the opthamalogist. Her meibomiatis (sp?) is back and her eyelids are very swollen. The good thing about this is her eyes are totally unaffected; bad thing is it's probably something we will
    not be able to get totally rid of but have to manage. It could be an allergic condition, could be results of detoxing (very likely), etc. but it tends to be chronic. I told the opthamalogist about her BG this morning and she said the pain from the eye condition itself would not cause it to be THAT high but could definitely elevate it due to dumping of cortisol and then liver releasing glycogen. I am wondering if she came down alot lower last night than I thought she would and she's having a hard bounce PLUS the pain/inflammation. I really thought last night that 229 at +4 with just a 70 drop the two hours before would be a safe number for us all to get some sleep based on her SS. Perhaps she fooled us and instead of just surfing blue, got into low greens and didn't peak until late. Anyway, I can't figure this high number; yesterday I do believe had a great deal of vetty influence and the number came right down. SO....I'm actually surprised her 2.5 isn't higher with the vet visit and she wouldn't eat her +1 or +2 meals in the car. I'm getting ready to feed her a +3 meal (no pokey) and then I have to go get some eye drops for her. We had to order cyclosporin ointment .2% from a special compounding pharmacy so it won't be here for a couple days but the doc said that alot of the discomfort will go away with the drops and the warm compresses. I went through EVERYTHING 2-3 times to make sure nothing would affect her BG or FD.

QUESTION: any thoughts on the 470 and stress/bounce, etc??? Since I know last night's number was probably more from vet stress and maybe a small bounce, I'll see how this clears but want to be sure there is not a pattern developing here for these high numbers..not good.

So...I'm going to feed her +3 meal now, head out really quick for meds, then get back and get MY breffis and :coffee: :coffee: Will check in later. Have a great day.

2. Ele & Blackie (GA)

Ele & Blackie (GA) Well-Known Member

Re: 11/19 Gracie AMPS 470 +2.5 363

It looks like a bounce to me, especially since she came down 100 pts in 2.5 hours, but I'm no expert. I think the pain can raise bgs too. You're a good bean getting her into the vet so quickly. Sending healing vines for Gracie to feel better soon. Have a great Friday, Marjorie!

3. Ann & Tess GA

Ann & Tess GA Well-Known Member

Oh Marjorie, so sorry to hear that Gracie isn't feeling well. I hope it is just stress/pain and that she will come down like Tess did. Well, not quite like Tess a little lot slower would be nice.

Sorry I missed most of yesterday, but a lot going on and I am just drained.

4. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Michelle and Mannie (GA) Well-Known Member

My oh my - poor Gracie! Good that you were able to get her to the vetty place so quickly. The 470 looks like a bounce, but why so high I just don't know - maybe it is from the eye problem in combo with a bounce? Wow - and I sure do hope it clears up quickly. At least the +2.5 is down. Healing vines to Gracie.

Gracie??? I've called for an emergency run of the KTSS - we will fix you up right away. well - I hope that chicken soup will make you better.... :sad: It's OK if you can be on the kitchen krew tonight - but I hope you feel better soon enough so you can still come... See you soon! ~~ Mannie

5. Marje and Gracie

Re: 11/19 Gracie AMPS 470 +2.5 363 +4 270

I've gotten drops and ointment into her eyes, did another round of warm compresses, and got her food into her so she is doing much better now. She is no longer squinting and she seems happy and active. So if I can at least keep her comfy until the meds get here, that will help keep her BG down I hope.

If this is totally bounce, I don't understand why they keep creeping up higher and higher unless it's because of the big drops. She dropped 140 between PMPS and +2 last night; I had intended to get a +1 but when I came back over to test and feed her, two of my girlfriends from the dinner party came with me to see Tobey and there was just too much going on to test Gracie...she likes it quiet. And of course, this morning, I was stuck in traffic on the way to the vet at +1 so I'll get one tonight. Hopefully we'll quit seeing this reds. ....very distressing. The only other thing I can think of is that her first few cycles were great because of the carryover from the previous dose and now she is settling into this new dose..perhaps it isn't enough. Time will tell.

Mannie....KTSS is good with cucumber eye pads!!! I cans do the kitchen krewe tonight...no problem...I feels better!

6. Ann & Tess GA

So glad little Gracie is feeling better and any big drop can cause a bounce, even if the nadir wasn't that low. Yo will hear my cries of anguish later when Tess starts hers. :YMSIGH: We can't always drop everything for them either. Missed tests will happen, it is nice to have the info, but you may not have been able to slow the drop anyway. :YMHUG:

Gracie, I'm so glad KTSS helped, but you need to take it easy tonight. No smoky kitchen for you. You can be the Hostess. -- Tess

7. Deb & Spot

Deb & Spot Well-Known Member

Awww, sorry to see that Gracie wasn't feeling up to par this morning., I hope the added meds will help her out.

Hi Gracie!!! You gotz eye trouble, girlfriend, I'm sorry! KTSS will have you feeling better in no time! Cyou later...........Spot

8. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

Re: 11/19 Gracie AMPS 470 +2.5 363 +4 270 +6 192

That +6 is sure a pretty shade of blue! Hope Gracie will feel better soon Marjorie...sending hugs... :YMHUG: :YMHUG:

9. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

FWIW - I'm with Ann, been there too many times... sometimes there is just nothing you can do to control the drops or the bounces. With Mannie it was/is a given - if he drops hard he will bounce hard. Cries of anguish as I'd be looking at 400's, 500's - even had a few that were over 600. I do know how you feel...

At least she is down now - not too bad of a +6. Be safe Gracie - surf here for a while... slow and steady from now on today OK?

Have a great afternoon Marjorie, and Mike, and Gracie too. :D

10. Anne&Muffin (GA)

Anne&Muffin (GA) Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear Gracie wasn't feeling well this morning, but I'm glad she seems better now. Too funny on the vet run, I did exactly the same thing this morning with Kibby. I got up and called the vet because I noticed last night he had a big puffy lower lip, one eye was goopy and he was sneezing. They happened to be slow this morning, so said bring him on in now. Threw on some clothes, brushed teeth and hair and ran out the door. He got a shot of depro for the lip (they said either rodent ulcer or granuloma, wouldn't know w/o a biopsy) they put some ointment in his eye and gave me L-lysine to give him. I'm to watch the lip for 24 hrs and if it does anything other than get smaller, I'll go back and get some AB's.

Anyway, Muffin is just thrilled about the ktss coming for him, and about being on the kitchen krew for Savannah's party tonight. She can't wait to see Gracie and Tobey and the gang!

11. Lisa and Do Lou (GA)

Lisa and Do Lou (GA) Well-Known Member

Sending more get better vines for Gracie hope she is feeling better tonight cat_pet_icon

12. Marje and Gracie

Michelle: thank you....I'm trying to not get too bummed about that number but would just like to know what to do to stop them!!!

Thanks Ann, Deb, Pat, and Lisa for checking in on Gracie...I am glad she came down...holding my breath for PMPS...lower than 250 is on order here!!

Anne: Hope Kibby is doing better!!! Just hate those quick jaunts to the vetty....so do the kitties.

Muffin I"m so glad you are coming to the OTJ party for Savannah!!!!

13. Anne&Muffin (GA)

Anne&Muffin (GA) Well-Known Member

How long til pmps Marjorie? An hour?

14. mybuddybinks

mybuddybinks Well-Known Member

aw, marjorie...so sorry we were absent yesterday and missed this. sending double extra doses of healing vines for gracie!

15. Marje and Gracie

Re: 11/19 Gracie PMPS 339

Anne...nope...just got it. Not as low as I hoped but I can tell her eyes are bothering her; they are squinty again but I can't give her more meds for a little bit. Thanks for checking in. Still hope she'll come down...she did last night and this morning.

Celi...no worries, friend...I know you've been busy. Glad to see BInks doing so well.

I'm gonna grab some dindin...will check in later tonight. Mike is back at work and I need to spend time with all 4 kitties instead of on the 'puter!!

16. Marje and Gracie

Re: 11/19 Gracie PMPS 339 +1 350

Just a little food spike I believe. Interesting to note on Gracie's SS, if I feed 1%, no food spike; if I even feed 2%, she gets a food spike at +1. Obviously, I'm hoping she
    comes down quite a bit tonight but I know she doesn't feel well so a high blue surf will work for me....something healing but not where I have to poke her too much. My poor baby girl...her eyes do look like they are bothering her. I did get to put the drops in and will do the ointment in a bit...that should help.

17. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Re: 11/19 Gracie PMPS 339 +2 350

Gracie - exit the pink floor - and when you do could you take Mannie with you please? Have a nice evening Marjorie!

18. Barb and Tori

Barb and Tori Well-Known Member

Re: 11/19 Gracie PMPS 339 +2 350

Oh poor Gracie. Sore eyes are just no fun. I'm sure the meds will help clear it up pretty quickly. Is she good about you giving them to her? I found that Tori has been better with drops than ointment in the past. Hope you both have a good night.

19. Marje and Gracie

Re: 11/19 Gracie PMPS 339 + 1 350 +2 348

Well...I got that all wrong in my subject line earlier....she was, in fact, at +1 350 and now at +2 348 so about the same. I may not stay up any later...looks like she's not going anywhere tonight and might as well get some rest.

Good luck, Ann....hope Tess comes up soon. Sleep tight LL.

20. Kim 'n Shadow

Kim 'n Shadow Well-Known Member

ni ni Marjorie - hope Gracie's eyes are better in the morning. I prefer drops to ointment too.

21. Ann & Tess GA

NiNi Marjorie, I hope sleep helps Gracie feel better, Sometimes that's the best medicine.

22. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Ni NI Gracie and Marjorie. SLEEP - YAY! Gracie I hope your eyes are better in the morning. Cuddle with your mom, that always helps. :D

23. Tena and Curry(GA)

Tena and Curry(GA) Well-Known Member

Majorie...I've been neglecting you and Gracie.....I sorry about her eyes and dealing w/pink numbers. Hope her eyes feel better in the morning and her numbers show some yellows, blues or greens soon for ya.

I'm such a putsy when is comes to figuring out what our kitties are doing with regards to FD. There seems to be so much guess work because every cat is different. Ugh.

Keeping my fingers/paws crossed for Miss Gracie.

24. Kim 'n Shadow

Kim 'n Shadow Well-Known Member

I hope your household slept last night and that Gracie leaves those pinks as her eyes improve. Have a good weekend.

25. mybuddybinks

mybuddybinks Well-Known Member

gracie, ma fren...how dem beautiful eyes today?
    binks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.