11/3 Lanky AMPS 333; PMPS 350

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by sehjak (Susan & Lanky), Nov 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sehjak (Susan & Lanky)

sehjak (Susan & Lanky) Well-Known Member

Yesterday's Condo

Morning - Running late...again. Yesterday at vet, we learned that Univ of Minnesota no longer runs the Growth Hormone (GH) tests that is invaluable to kitties with Acromegaly. My vet contacted Dr. Lunn at CSU (she does the SRT treatments for Acro kitiities including Lanky) who confirmed the situation. The chosen alternative was to send Dr. Lunn some of Lanky's frozed blood sample for safe keeping & testing at, hopefully, some later date. We ended up with the IGF-1 (insulin-like Growth Factor) & urinalysis. I think this is very unfortunate for other ACRO kitties seeking diagnosis &/or treatment. Hopefully, things will be resolved in a favorable manner soon.

I took our ReliOn meter so I could test Lanky at the vet. Glad I did as when got to blue but not enough to warrant a HC snack. Needless to say Lanky was disappointed. He is such a good sport when it comes to the vet, treatments, meds, etc. cat_pet_icon

2. Lisa and Do Lou (GA)

Lisa and Do Lou (GA) Well-Known Member

Re: 11/3 Lanky AMPS 333;

Sad about the testing always hate to hear when a lab does away with a test :sad: since its important to acro kitties :smile: hope Lanky has a good day Susan

3. OptOut

OptOut Well-Known Member

I got the same info today from Dr. Lunn re: GH (I've been waiting since July for my IGF-1 results to be sent!!!!!). However, she seems to think that some lab will pick it up, sometime...

4. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Michelle and Mannie (GA) Well-Known Member

How unfortunate in regards to the test. :sad:

I hope Lanky had a good day today.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.