1/16 - Salem amps 361 +7 278

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Camille and Cyclone, Jan 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Camille and Cyclone

Camille and Cyclone Well-Known Member

Haven't posted in awhile, sorry everyone! After getting down to 3.75 U and doing very well, two weeks ago Salem's bg headed for the sky and except for a couple of cycles hasn't come down. Dose is up to 4.5 U. Preshots are mostly pink, nadirs mostly upper yellow. He acts perfectly normal with no sign of illness, poop is regular and quite lovely, eats like a starving wolf as usual. Today we went to the vet to see if they can find anything wrong - exam was normal, blood taken for tests, vet couldn't get urine so I have to get a free catch sample as soon as I can. The +7 is pretty good considering vet stress.

WCR - right now Salem's sitting on my desk switching his tail as usual - he twitches it back and forth so hard he often presses the mouse buttons or hits the button to turn off the Internet on my cable modem. Did that again this morning - I'm sitting there wondering why I can't get Google and it was Mr. Twitchy Tail Strikes Again.

2. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

Hi Camille! Welcome back!

Good to see u posting! I hope u will stick around cuz we miss seeing Salem's progress!
    Sounds like he is being a smarty pants with you :lol:
    silly kitty on the computer!

Glad to hear exam was normal. Keep us posted ok?

Have a good day :)

3. WCF and Meowzi

WCF and Meowzi Well-Known Member

Free catch sample for urinalysis or culture and sensitivity? Is probably fine for the former, but non-sterile sample for C&S is waste of money, you know, right?

Good to see you back :)

4. Camille and Cyclone

Yes, I know - it says urinalysis on the sheet I was given. This vet is big on urine.

And thanks! Good to 'see' you too! :)

5. Camille and Cyclone

pmps 369

The bad thing the vet found is that Salem has gained over 2 lbs since August. The whole household needs to go on a diet!

6. Camille and Cyclone

7. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Missed seeing your condo!

At least the +3 was yellow! I saw you were questioning whether the rise in numbers is due to food. Do you make your own raw or purchase it? If the latter, why not try some canned food and see if it has an effect on Salem's numbers. It also looks like the first time Salem had a big shift where numbers improved, it was on a bigger dose. Maybe this is one of those situations where you've got to go up before you come back down.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.