10/19 Donovan's buddy Butthead - GOOD news

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by MJ+Donovan, Oct 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MJ+Donovan

MJ+Donovan Well-Known Member

Previous post: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=24551

It's about darn time there was a little bit of happiness here, I think.

recap: my civvie Foldie Butthead developed a growth inside his right ear, and the biopsy after its removal showed that it was malignant. More aggressive surgery (ear canal ablation and removal of the entire outer ear) was recommended to reduce the possibility of the cancer spreading. Last week I FINALLY got a call from the vet with the 2nd biopsy results. When I saw the caller ID, I almost didn't want to answer. The original tumor showed evidence of cancer in its lymphatic and blood supply, so maybe it had already begun to spread. But she said the technician was very thorough in examining all of the removed tissue, and there was NO evidence of cancer.

Here is Butthead about a month after surgery (photos taken last night):

[​IMG] sleepyhead :cool:

[​IMG]
    (Ear? I don't need no stinkin' ear.)

There was some evidence of paralysis/nerve damage in his right eye (lesser reflex responses, slightly less open, and pupil is visibly smaller), but that has begun to improve over time.

Oh, and Captain Donovan is still doing OK too. Tossed me a couple of low blues recently to see if I was paying attention. Oh yes I most certainly am, Donny. Always.

THANK YOU to everyone who sent vines and snowflakes. These past few weeks have been difficult in many ways. You're all wonderful.

MJ&Donovan&Butthead

2. Anne&Muffin (GA)

Anne&Muffin (GA) Well-Known Member

Great news on Butthead! You're right, we DO need some good news around here for a change. So happy for him, and glad that Donovan is doing well too

3. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

(((Butthead))) You wonderful sweet adorable little boy!!!
    I agree..you don't need no stinkin' ear!
    You are perfectly handsome and brave and awesome without it!!!!
    (Why are my eyes leaking and feeling so strange...sniff sniff...allergies?)
    Ok, so it's not allergies and now I am really tearing up....I know what it is....I am so happy and relieved for Butthead and for YOU MJ, and for Donovan...and well, I am so happy that this worked out this way for you. You gave him the chance, didn't you? And he took that chance and used it well.
    SOOOOooo happy for you....and thank you for sharing those pictures too...hugs to you all!
    :YMHUG: :YMHUG: :YMHUG:

4. Jen and Oreo (GA)

Jen and Oreo (GA) Well-Known Member

Oh, what good news!! :mrgreen:

5. Roni and Moonie

Roni and Moonie Well-Known Member

Such good news for a change!! Butthead you are indeed a good boy & we are so glad you are well--Blessings to you & Kitties!
    You are a good bean! HUGS & happy vines! :D

6. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Wonderful news! So happy for Butthead, Donny and you, MJ. The pictures are neat!

Ella

7. CD and BigMac

CD and BigMac Well-Known Member

Awww! What a wonderful thing to read today! Sometimes good news is so great that... well, I'm just bawling like a baby....
    So very happy for you MJ (and Butthead of course.)

Keep flying low, Captain Donovan! We love ya' too!

8. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

YAYYYYYYY!!!!!!!

That's such good news -- for both kitties. Give that little Butthead some scritches and give Donovan a smooch for me.

9. Kristen & Emma (GA)

Kristen & Emma (GA) Well-Known Member

that's great news! and you're right - we really DO need some good news around here!

He's so cute he doesn't need ears!

10. Kathy and Kitty

Kathy and Kitty Well-Known Member

Thanks for giving LL some OVERDUE good news!!

Butthead, you're adorable. We don't care how many ears you have!

Healing vines to all.

11. Ann & Tess GA

Ann & Tess GA Well-Known Member

YES!!!!!! Just the type of news we need! He is, if anything, cuter without the ear!

12. Lisa and Do Lou (GA)

Lisa and Do Lou (GA) Well-Known Member

:RAHCAT :RAHCAT :RAHCAT :RAHCAT :RAHCAT wonderful news and he is such a cutie

13. MJ+Donovan

Thanks everyone. Having the support and good thoughts from you all means so much. I haven't been posting that much recently, but I have been lurking here and reading, except when doing so makes me a blubbering mess at work.... I know many of you can relate to that.

:eek: So I just spent the last few hrs trying to recover photos from a very uncooperative memory stick (including Butthead before and after surgery :shock:) Phew.

Here he is drinking from his fountain (he likes to lick the "waterslide") 11 days after surgery.
    [​IMG]

He really was a surprisingly easy patient. We kept him in the funnelhead for a while even after the stitches came out b/c he *really* wanted to kick himself hard, and we didn't want his wounds to open up again. He didn't seem to mind it at all, unlike other cats who act as if there's a cement block tied to their necks.

:YMHUG: MJ&Donovan&Butthead

14. Frip&Grip

Frip&Grip Member

MJ, so glad to read your good news.. dancing_cat

Scritches and smooches to Butthead and Donavan... Nice pictures of Butthead!!!

15. Jill & Alex (GA)

Jill & Alex (GA) Senior Member Moderator

oh, MJ! tears of happiness here! :mrgreen:

16. MJ+Donovan

Yup, tears of joy, definitely.
    Indulge me in 2 more recovered photos....

Donny & Butthead chillin' shortly before his surgery (he has 2 ears!):
    [​IMG]

and I thought this angle was funny b/c it makes Donovan look gigantic :cool:
    [​IMG]

17. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

:lol: (((MJ))) such cute pics in here.
    Butthead is super duper cute.

Very glad to read your update here, more healing vines for Butthead! He's doing very well!

18. mybuddybinks

mybuddybinks Well-Known Member

i'm getting to this late...but thank you, mj...for giving us happy tears!!!

and binks made me save the pic of his buddy...now nicknamed "Don-zilla" why, he looks big enough to eat a mini-mall!

much joy derived from this report...

celi & binks

19. Angela & Blackie & 3 Others

Angela & Blackie & 3 Others Well-Known Member

That's wonderful news on both kitties, MJ! :) Sending tons of healing vines for a continued full and speedy recovery. :)

20. Cyn and Cosmo

Cyn and Cosmo Member

YAY! So happy to hear BH is recovering and that the biopsy showed clean margins!

He's adorable. Smoosh smoosh.

21. mybuddybinks

mybuddybinks Well-Known Member

mj, got a question...i notice butthead has a little top-knot of longer hair right in the middle of his forehead...does donny have that too?

my bro's foldie had that, and i'm curious whether it's a breed trait?

22. MJ+Donovan

erm.... no comprende. Not sure how you're defining "forehead" on a cat :?

Actually this evening Butthead was getting snuggly in my lap, and I was feeling around his ex-ear. I thought I felt a lump, but it's kinda in the same location as the back "bump" of his other ear, so maybe it's leftover ear bits or scar tissue? Probably gonna call the vet tomorrow to be sure. She said to keep an eye out for any lumps in that general area...

MJ&Donovan&Butthead

23. sehjak (Susan & Lanky)

sehjak (Susan & Lanky) Well-Known Member

Mr. Butthead is still one handsome dude. Tell him we love him. Susan & Lanky

24. MJ+Donovan

He's a very happy cat :cool:

Squish that wonderful Lanky face for me.

MJ&Donovan&Butthead

25. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Michelle and Mannie (GA) Well-Known Member

I don't know how I missed this back on 10/19... this is so good/great/fantastic - and yes (!!!) so nice to have some good news. I am so glad that he is recovering!

26. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

I'm late responding to this too...sorry MJ...you are always so kind and attentive to us. Congrats...this is awesome news and so glad to see Donny doing so well. So Butthead just looks like he's got one EXTRA folded ear...he's a very special SF!!! He's so handsome and we are really happy to hear the great news....we needed that in LL!!

(((BUTTHEAD and DONOVAN)))

27. Kathy&Powder

Kathy&Powder Member

Happy News in LL flip_cat Powder and I are so relieved by your good news. Tell Butthead he's just gorgeous like he is. Donovan looks so cute like he's waiting with his buddy. Congrats again and continued healing vines to you all. I understand the tears :cry: I am too .You clearly love your babies and are very devoted. cat_pet_icon

28. arniesdad

arniesdad Well-Known Member

YAY BUTTHEAD!!! We LOVE Good News!!! flip_cat

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.