1/4 Shadow AMPS=362, +5=507,+11=455

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA), Jan 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

+4=274
    +8=286
    AMPS=362 ~ 1.0u Lev (1st cycle)

Yesterday's Condo

I went back to the 1u for this this bounce. This is the eve of the new moon and he earned himself a reduction yesterday. Now he is back up there. I think tonight will be the F .75 u again but I will watch him today. He ate his breffis and is now crying for more I think....wandering around, coming in to stare at me. Opened my backup test strip box and I only have 49 strips left nailbite_smile
    Going through them quickly. Hope what I did was ok...sometimes he just seems like a runaway horse with his numbers....

Hope everyone has a wonderful day today...DD and droolers left, other daughter flying out of town today for the weekend, but I will not be riding shotgun to the airport. No, I will stay home instead so I can stare at Shadow... :lol:

2. Roni and Moonie

Roni and Moonie Well-Known Member

Re: 1/4 Shadow AMPS=362

Hey Shadow, come down so momma can take her eyes off you!!! :shock: --You know cats bgs go up under stress..Moonie is a perfect example--Wait tomorrow cleaning peeps will be here--Just watch Moonie's bg climb!! cat(2)_steam
    I'm sure when the house calms down, Shadow's BG's will too--Have a great day Pat--Heard you're having a heat wave!!!! :lol: :lol:

3. Brenda and Morris

Brenda and Morris Member

Another new moon???? fll_moon Didn't we just have one????? I'm glad Morris isn't affected by it!!!

Yeah, sometimes you have to go up to come back down. grumpy_cat He'll go green again as soon as this moon wanes. :mrgreen:

And yes, our favorite thing is to sit and stare at our kitties and their favorite thing is to keep up guessing! dancing_cat

4. Monique & Spooky

Monique & Spooky Well-Known Member

Whoa little liver!!!!! Is Shadow made of rubber? He bounces down the hallways and bounces from the greens. Now he's bouncing to the moon confused_cat Stop starring at him and go to Walmart or something. Maybe when you get home you'll nedd those teststrips.

5. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Re: 1/4 Shadow +5=507

AMPS=362 1.0u Lev (1st cycle up from lowered .75u dose earned yesterday)
    +1=395
    +2=450
    +4=429
    +5=507

I am speechless. Low yesterday and now this today......
    He is on the floor in my room and not sitting in the sun on the cat condo....guess he is feeling warm without the nice sun we have today here in Florida. It's so beautiful compared to what we have been experiencing....fish dead in the canal form the cold temperatures. So sad. Neighbor's potted tomato plants are all dead too....can't even imagine what the farmer's are seeing... :sad:

Frustration at not begin able to DO anything about the high numbers. Just sit and stare. With the very low BGs we are in a flurry of activity between ear pricks and gravy flying around everywhere. BLACK numbers just make you feel as if the air has been kicked out of you and you can only just sit there. :sad:

6. Monique & Spooky

Monique & Spooky Well-Known Member

Re: 1/4 Shadow AMPS=362, +5=507

Could it have been a fur shot? Maybe you should bring the drooler back. Anything else going on with him. Just seems very strange. Maybe it is just really bad RBC, he hadn't been green for a while before yesterday. Hope it clears soon, but I wouldn't reduce just yet if he stays up there till evening.

7. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

Pat, do u have a second meter to retest?

I also have been thinking in the past few days, about your lev.

I'm hoping Jill or Libby come by to visit - this is just bizarre.

Hang in there ((PAT))

8. Ronnie & Luna

bear with me, I'm thinking out loud...

but then again, moving the dose around, cuz of the low number yesterday, but really - how u get BLACK out of that?

and u know what the weird thing is? you've been on .75 and 1u before, scrolling back on SS, as far back as the fall,,,I'm leaning towards something up with that Lev.

Is it the same one you used for Raja? From the same package?

9. MJ+Donovan

MJ+Donovan Well-Known Member

this is completely nuts! confused_cat

10. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Re: 1/4 Shadow +6=447

+6=447

a little lower now.
    Ronnie...this is a flex pen for the same box that I originally got - used it on Raja and Shadow from Oct...
    it is a new pen that I opened the other day that brought him low to 36 yesterday. I don't think this is the Lev personally.
    But he did have the lowered dose last night....that is what is showing now. Right? the 1u dose might be working as yet...
    Agree with Monique about keeping him at the 1.ou tonight if this continues. I realize that he might possibly drop on that, but what else can I do? Thoughts?

11. Ronnie & Luna

ohhh ok...what about a possible fur shot? Could he coming down on his own?

Never know with this Shadow character - might have something special in store for u tonight.

12. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

Goodness me, Shadow, what ARE you doing here?
    I don't know about these Shadoe/Shadow kitties; they sure like to keep us hopping!

Some nice pats for Shadow may help with at least knowing you are there and aware.
    I always sit and pat Shadoe when she is high, just to let her know I am there for her.

Sorry I am not more help.

I hope Shadow gets some lower numbers tonight.

13. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

+5=507
    +6=447
    +8=445
    +11=455

I have marked the full moons and the new moons on my SS...is this at all possible tht he can be soooooo influenced
    by the moon or am I just crazy? Has anyone ever seen anything remotely like this with any other kitty?

I am quite sure that it wasn't a fur shot....the radical black and high reds all day really have me baffled but if it is not
    the moon, silly as that might sound to you, then what else could it be? Isn't this a little too wild for a typical bounce?

I am thinking I will stick with the 1.0u tonight. It is not so much more to make a huge difference one way or the other.
    Just don't know what to think. Does anyone have any ideas? Would bad insulin have given him the low 36 yesterday and the 200s last night? Would a bounce from the 36 yesterday send him into black today....and why such a radical jump? It is very hard to be patient during a day like this....KWIM?

14. Ronnie & Luna

I'm stumped.
    if there's no other explanation and uv covered just about everything, then blame it on the moon.

lets hope he comes back down to earth, he is messing with us and its not funny Shadow!! angry(2)_cat

15. Randi & Max (GA)

Randi & Max (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Pat
    I'm not experienced enough to give you any opinions
    but I wanted to stop by and give you support instead.
    The wondering and the questioning drives us all crazy.
    I am sure Shadow will pass through this bump soon enough.

16. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Re: 1/4 Shadow PMPS=396

PMPS=396 ~ 1.0u Lev

At least he is coming down now...

17. Barbara and tuffy

Barbara and tuffy Well-Known Member

Hi Pat: IMHO it is probably a reduction and RBC from yesterday's greens. Hope Libby, Jill or someone will drop in and voice their opinion. He is coming down so that is good. Sometimes they just bounce incredibly. Only Shadow knows! Good luck. I think I would stick with the 1u also.

18. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Re: 1/4 Shadow +2=382

+2=382

Coming down....
    Thank you all for your input...I appreciate your stopping by and looking in on us....

19. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

RBC is certainly a possibility.

Any chance Shadow got into something high carb? Even crumbs, given how careful you are with food, could have an effect. Yesterday, someone mentioned their kitty stole a chip. Has Shadow been sneaking forbidden fuds? (Does Shadow have Frito breath?)

20. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

yuck, Shadow. :sad:

Looks like RBC, but black really isn't necessary. I guess it could have something to do with the moon. Everything else seem ok, eating, litterboxing, no signs of pain anywhere? 35 is pretty low so maybe he's just bouncing a little extra because of that.

21. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Re: 1/4 Shadow +4=339

+4=339

Yes, that was pretty low the other day...hmmmm...and no, I don't think he got into any high carb
    stuff lately...at least there isn't any evidence of that...
    On his way down so that is a good thing....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.