1/14: Esse AMPS+10=178 PMPS=151. +1.25=201 +2.25=217

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Michele and Esse, Jan 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michele and Esse

Michele and Esse Well-Known Member

Daily Digest:
    PMPS+11=254 Food still out from overnight.
    AMPS=258. Wellness Turkey out. Eating well.
    +1=248. Intrigued by Oliver's tail. Oliver is oblivious (so far...).
    +2=250. Bless her, she's surfing. Out for the day in 15 minutes; lots of food down for the day, and we shall see how things goes.
    +10=178. Not much food left...
    PMPS=151. Trader Joe's tuna out, she's a happy cat.
    +1.25=201. Food spike, I'm sure. She ate the tuna like she'd never eaten before...ROFL.
    +2.25=217. Food will be out, and I'm heading to bed...she's just fine; bright eyed, bushy tailed, grooming, purring, and just being the dear she is.

Yesterday's condo: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2418

Morning, LLand!

Looks like her visit into reds and pinks was fairly short lived...very similar to 1/10, but with less red. Hopefully, this decline will be gentle and easy, like it was before.

WCR: Sleeping in the bowl next to me, comfy and content.
    WBR: Sleeping at the computer, coffee next to me, cold and discontent. LOL.

Hope everyone has a great day! I bet we see some blue, and maybe even see some green later today or tonight. I won't be home much during today at all - I'll be leaving at 8:30 am, and don't expect to be home until - oh, 3 or 4 or so, depending on how things go at school...will see how she is on her own. Will leave lots of food out...

Best-
    Michele

2. Roni and Moonie

Roni and Moonie Well-Known Member

Re: 1/14: Esse PMPS+11=254

Esse we are looking for some nice numbers for you today-toniite--Be good & green! Michele have a good day :razz:

3. Michele and Esse

Re: 1/14: Esse PMPS+11=254

I bet a nickel that she will go blue by the time I go to school; and where she'll be by the end of the day is anyone's guess. I will have a lot of food out for her during the day, so hopefully, she'll handle it if she gets too green...I am definitely looking forward to seeing what her +10 will be (probably when I get home), and what she'll be at +1 and +2...

She may hold in the yellows, though. She's learning to surf, and that's a good thing.

Best-
    Michele

4. Lydia--(Rosie & Basil) GA

Lydia--(Rosie & Basil) GA Well-Known Member

Re: 1/14: Esse AMPS=258

Clearly, this is how they plan it. And LIKE it. I'm glad to se Esse's not planning to romp in the pinks and may be planning to grace you with some blues and greens!

Have a great day!

5. Michele and Esse

Yes, she does plan things out like that. LOL. But that's all right...my break is over, and I need to get back to going to school mode...which means having her numbers be her "responsibility" 'cause I can't be here all day, every day...but I think we've made some good progress recently. I just hope I've learned enough to continue with the progress. And she's probably thrilled I'll be back to testing only a few times a day. Her ears need the break...

As for having a great day - it's weird. I really do enjoy being at school; I don't like the deadlines and pressure, but I like school...and I simply adore the hospital floor. No matter how rough a day I have, I still leave the floor wanting to come back...and that's a definite blessing for me. Definite blessing indeed.

Best-
    Michele

6. Deb & Spot

Deb & Spot Well-Known Member

I'm glad the trips to red aren't lasting long. Hope all goes well today and Esse finally gets up from sleeping in her bowl so that she can get some fresh food!
    Have a good day!

7. Roni and Moonie

Roni and Moonie Well-Known Member

Re: 1/14: Esse AMPS=258 +1=248

That's like a Moonie drop-10 pts.. Hope you get some nice numbers today..

8. Michele and Esse

Re: 1/14: Esse AMPS=258 +1=248 +2=250

I actually am pleased with the 10 point drop...it means she's learning to surf. That's a valuable skill to have, surfing...and she has been practicing a lot.

Shoot, I'd rather see a 10 drop decrease in two hours than a 400 point in three- and as you guys know, Esse sure can do that!

I'm heading to school for the day now...no more testing until at least +10. Lots of food out, litter changed, floor mopped...yeah, it should be a great day.

Best-
    Michele

9. Michele and Esse

Re: 1/14: Esse AMPS=258 +1=248 +250 +10=178

Yes! We've come into the blue again!! Her rebounds are quite short lived recently...and this is a great thing!

Best-
    Michele

10. Helene & Tizon

Helene & Tizon Well-Known Member

Esse is going wonderful!
    How nice to see such progress!!!!!

11. Barbara and tuffy

Barbara and tuffy Well-Known Member

Looks like Esse is being a star in LTS. Hope you have a lovely PMPS. Also hope school prep is going well and only a shower this weekend.

12. Michele and Esse

Hey, Barbara...great PMPS: 151. And with shaking hands and a blank mind (if I gave it much thought, I'd've probably BCS her...)...a whole 2.25 units. We will see where she is shortly...and yes, a whole lot of food gets left out tonight...

As for the rain, last "special weather statement" said we may get, in the city, something along the lines of +/-8-12 inches, and in the hills, +/- 18 inches. That would be, to say the least, devastating, especially near the Station Fires. Further, we may get gale force winds, and...catch this...thunderstorms with chance of tornados, hail, and rain at a rate of over an inch an hour. And we in Los Angeles have not the faintest clue what to do with a tornado - we'd go out onto the street and take pictures! And we can't drive in the rain, either. Gonna get nasty come next week....

All of this is to say that we at the barn have called a "get ready" day for Saturday - basically doing everything we can to prevent flooding, erosion, stall damage, and so on. Sandbagging, tarp placing and tightening, elevatin food bins, the whole 9. We are over 6 acres in size (we house just over 100 horses), so there will be a whole lot of work to do. Additionally, we're an evacuation station (we took in close to 150 horses extra during the Station Fire...we'd get them, ship them out, get more, ship them out...Animal Control uses our parking lot for temp stalls when necessary...) so we've been told to expect to take in some evacuees from the hills, too. Sigh. But it's part of living here, and boarding where I do...and I will work right along side everyone else to help get the place situated.

I've informed Esse that she in no way, shape or form gets to go under 50 until Sunday. Now, who knows...I just hope she listened. (Then again, she's a cat, and likely deaf...so it's not at all clear whether she got the memo or not...LOL...).

Best-
    \michele

13. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

Re: 1/14: Esse AMPS+10=178 PMPS=151.

let's see some blue surfing, Esse. :D

14. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Michelle and Mannie (GA) Well-Known Member

Comon Esse - you can do it - blue surfin' for mama bean :D

Michele - I can so relate to the comment about no way is Esse allowed to go under 50 until sunday.... It sound like me every day when I leave for work. mannie get the "under 50" lecture. I too hope he listens... and I too am not too sure he got the memo(s)

good luck with your work for saturday . it sounds fascinating - I love reading your posts. Good luck with it all!

15. Michele and Esse

She hasn't surfed...she's got a goodsized food spike going on. +1.25=201. I'm not complaining at all...it's barely out of the blue, and she'll be back down pretty quickly, I'm guessing. But no, Michelle, she's not allowed to go below 50...LOL.

As for Saturday, it's going to be hard getting all the hay storage covered securely enough for gale force winds and potentially torrential rain (40 foot tall by 80 foot long - something like 15 tons of hay there right now [I think...]). At least the hay is already elevated from the ground... We will also dig, and line, channels down the stall halls to the back of the property, where there's a culvert. And we have to get into the culvert to make sure it's clean...(the guys can do that part...things can get really gross in there. LOL). And then we need to line the channels with gravel. And sandbag the entrance, dig drainages for the arenas, and make sure that tarps are all secure over the stalls so that the rain doesn't soak the inside. And then we have to groundcover the pile of dirt we have for replacing after the storms go through...and so on, and so on.

Fascinating? I don't think so. Tiring, yes...and necessary, yes. And part of what owning a horse and being in the horse community is about...but fascinating? Nope...LOL. It's far more fascinating to ride the horse. LOL.

Best-
    Michele

16. Jill & Alex (GA)

Jill & Alex (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Re: 1/14: Esse PMPS=151. +1.25=201

come on down, esse...
    blues will suffice,
    but greens are nice! :mrgreen:

17. Michele and Esse

Re: 1/14: Esse AMPS+10=178 PMPS=151. +1.25=201

Jill, I'd be happy with solid blue all night...so I can sleep. She can go green tomorrow afternoon. How's that? Just as long as she stays above 50...

Best-
    Michele

18. Michele and Esse

+2.25=217. Lots of food will be left out overnight (a whole 13.5 can of Wellness and some catsicles...), and I'll be "practicing" getting up at 4 am...no idea if I will succeed, but hey, I gotta practice.

She's good...yellow, but still...quite good. Grooming, full tummy, relaxed, purring...just being the sweetness she is...

Ni Ni, alllllllllll...

Best-
    Michele

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.