9/10 ~~Harley PMPS 432

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Harley and Pattie, Sep 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Harley and Pattie

Harley and Pattie Well-Known Member

Harley had some good numbers last night, but this AM he is acting odd. Unable to catch him for ketones but with the drop he had, I doubt they are there. He vomited twice. Very small clear to yellow stuff, about the size of a quarter. He also has very loud bowel sounds. When I was testing him, I kept hearing this noise. Took me a minute to discover what is was. He is hungry this AM and the amount I usually feed may not be enough. Breakfast was MC – about 4%

PMPS 414
    +2 424
    +6 195
    AMPS 171

Pattie

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=24505

2. Tena and Curry(GA)

Tena and Curry(GA) Well-Known Member

Re: 9/12 ~~Harley AMPS171

Very nice numbers this morning Harley.....Growling kitty stomach is much better than growling kitty.

Have a great day today and Happy Friday.

3. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Re: 9/12 ~~Harley AMPS171

Morning Harley and Pattie. Nice AMPS.
    My kitty J.D. often throws up a small amount of clear fluid around an hour or so before breakfast. By often, I mean, maybe once a month or so. I've heard that it may be caused by his tummy being empty, and nothing to worry about.
    I hope your date in your subject line is a mistake, because if it's correct,,, then my vacation wizzed by :lol:

Have a great day :D

4. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

Re: 9/10 ~~Harley AMPS171

Nice AMPS Harley!! Will you be home to monitor a little today Pattie? If not, the MC was a good idea...

Harley...I wanted to just tell you a little secret. There is really no need to bounce after getting a nice number. Lots of kitties do that, but it isn't really necessary, ya know? I'm just telling you now that after this lovely blue, you do not need to go too high. When kitties get better, their liver doesn't bounce so much anymore. So, maybe you can just be a totally a cool cat and keep the bouncing to a minimum, Okay? :mrgreen:

5. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Michelle and Mannie (GA) Well-Known Member

Nice amps this morning - such a pretty blue. I hope Harley can find a nice clue surf today. Tell your bean you were just hungry - that's all. Have a great Friday everyone!

6. Harley and Pattie

Today is another one of those days that I won't be able to test much. I will test now before I leave and then at +5, but after that I won't be able to test until +10.

Pattie

7. Harley and Pattie

Re: 9/10 ~~Harley AMPS171, +5 139

Hope I did not cause a problem with Harley. Rushed home to get a +5 which was 139. He would not let me do a test so I gave him 2 tbsp EVO (1% carb. Once I got the low reading - for him, I gave more MC food - about 2 more Tbsp. Hopefully that won't drive his bg way up but I won't be home until +10 tonight.

Pattie

8. Harley and Pattie

Harley bounced again. I can't catch to low spots to stop it.

Pattie

9. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

I think you're catching it, I think he's bouncing from the blue he's getting.

It's the weekend, will you be home to test? If so, you could increase his dose to try to bring those highs down.

10. Harley and Pattie

Help me here a second. My mind is not wrapping around this. I know that I have been told that once we find the right dose, a break through can happen, but....I am having trouble understanding that more insulin - which causes the bg to drop can actually help. If it causes it to drop, would not the bounce be the same or worse.

I am up for anything. I am not at home much on Saturday but am here all day Sunday. Let me know.

Pattie

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.