9/9 Donovan's buddy Butthead - surgery today

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by MJ+Donovan, Sep 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MJ+Donovan

MJ+Donovan Well-Known Member

previous condo: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=23196

I brought Butthead back to the vet for additional surgery (ear canal ablation) this morning. She called a few minutes ago to let me know it's done and that he's in recovery. There was some concern that his right eye wasn't blinking since there is a risk of facial nerve damage with this surgery, but that tends to happen more with dogs and his left eye wasn't doing much either (probably still too stoned), and often the paralysis is temporary. She also said there was a lot more "stuff" within the ear canal - not necessarily more tumors, but remnants of yechhhh from prior infections. There will be another biopsy of the tissue margins to check for malignancy.

Please continue to send vines and blizzards for his recovery. Thanks....

MJ&Donovan&Butthead

[​IMG]
    (baby Butthead)

2. CD and BigMac

CD and BigMac Well-Known Member

Glad to hear that Butthead is in recovery and the surgery is over. Now I'm sending lots of hugs to you MJ and many many healing vines and snowflakes to sweet Butthead. (Now that is an odd combination of words ... sweet Butthead.)

The power of thought is strong... you are getting tons of it for non-malignant vines.... sending sending sending...

(((MJ and Butthead)))

3. Ann & Tess GA

Ann & Tess GA Well-Known Member

Tons of vines and snowflakes to Butthead, poor little guy. Keep us updated.

4. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Hi MJ, Glad to hear that Butthead is out of surgery and hope that all the goop and glop is gone and that the biopsy will be negative. Healing vines are on their way. Come on, Butthead, feel better fast!

Ella & Stu

5. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Sending lots of snowflakes and vines for Butthead's speedy recovery and a perfect pathology report.

[​IMG]

6. Anne&Muffin (GA)

Anne&Muffin (GA) Well-Known Member

Healing vines, snowflakes, and positive energy coming your way. I hope Butthead recovers quickly and you get good news on pathology report.

7. Kathy and Kitty

Kathy and Kitty Well-Known Member

What a sweet photo!

We are sending truckloads of vines, boatloads of hugs, and blizzards of snowflakes your way.

8. mybuddybinks

mybuddybinks Well-Known Member

buttloads of vines, healing thoughts and snowflakes to you, butthead.

(and that's a "bean-size" buttload, not a cat-sized one)

get better quickly, guy, and have a good path rpt.

donny- when butthead's feeling better, can we meet him?

binks

9. Jill & Alex (GA)

Jill & Alex (GA) Senior Member Moderator

you must be relieved the surgery is over!
    sending healing vines, blizzards of snowflakes, and positive thoughts...
    (((hugs)))

10. Ann & Maggie11 (GA)

Ann & Maggie11 (GA) Well-Known Member

What a sweetheart! Vines and positive thoughts are being sent your way for everything to be okay with Butthead.
    :YMHUG:

11. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

Thank you for updating us MJ....glad the surgery is over now. When will you be able to bring him home?
    Bless you for giving him this chance MJ...I know you weighted it all carefully....
    I am sending snowflakes to Butthead...a blizzard of snowflakes...
    And healing vines too! Hoping for a speedy recovery and a happy pathology report....if there is such a thin, I am hoping for that for Butthead...
    That is such a cute picture of him... AWwwwwww baby Butthead! SO cute!
    Thinking of you both and wishing you well...hugs ((((MJ & Butthead))))

12. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Sending full and fast recovery vines to Butthead.
    [​IMG]

13. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

sending vines for a good outcome...

14. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Michelle and Mannie (GA) Well-Known Member

sending vines and snowflakes! Recover well, and heal fast butthead!

15. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Thinking of you and Butthead this morning MJ...how was his night? Hope he is doing well. When will he be coming home?
    Sending healing green vines and light to him....be well little guy.... ((((MJ & Butthead))) :YMHUG: :YMHUG:

16. MJ+Donovan

Butthead is home.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Stubbornly trying to wash himself and chew off the wrap covering the fentanyl patch on his back leg. Technician who was with him last night said he did very well. He even purred and rubbed for her. This is a cat who we have had to drug to allow his regular vet to examine him. Guess he prefers the ladies? He goes back on Monday to have the drain pulled, and in ~2 wks to have the stitches removed. His right eye is still not quite as responsive as his left, but hopefully this is temporary. His head looks kinda weird, though not as strange as I had anticipated. The skin stitched together there kinda might look like an ear when the fur grows back. The biopsy results should be back next week.

So happy that he appears none the worse for his ordeal. He purred all the way home. Now to continue praying that the surgery was successful and there are no complications.

THANK YOU for all of your support. Healing vines and blizzards are being sent to those who also need them.

MJ&Donovan&Butthead

17. Anne&Muffin (GA)

Anne&Muffin (GA) Well-Known Member

So glad Butthead's home! Hope he heals up quickly and like you said, no complications. Healing vines and snowflakes! Great pics too - I always feel so bad for them when they have to be little cone-heads.

18. Ann & Tess GA

Ann & Tess GA Well-Known Member

Vines and snowflakes on the way. Purring in the car is awesome, paws crossed for no complications.

19. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Thank you so much for posting and for those pictures MJ...purring is such great news too. Poor lil gy with the cone. They all hate that, don't they? I am so happy he is home with you now....praying that he will make a speedy recovery and that all will be well.
    Please tell him that we all think he is very very brave! A million snowflakes for his healing and a million hugs to you both too!
    :YMHUG: :YMHUG: :YMHUG: :YMHUG: :YMHUG: :YMHUG: :YMHUG: :YMHUG: :YMHUG:

20. Caryl & Sebastian & Alex (GA)

Caryl & Sebastian & Alex (GA) Well-Known Member

Tons of healing vines and blizzards of snowflakes being sent Butthead's way!

I'm sure he'll be just fine!
    (What a cutie pie) ♥

Love, Caryl, Alex & Jackson

21. Amy and Pedro

Amy and Pedro Member

Sorry I missed your post yesterday to add vines, but lots being sent now for his recovery. Oh my but those pictures say it all. Feel better real soon Butthead.

22. heidi and doodles

heidi and doodles Member

Ok...how cute is he :D so glad he's home and purring.
    Sending you lots of healing vines and hugs to you all :D
    :YMHUG: :YMHUG: :YMHUG: :YMHUG: :YMHUG: :YMHUG: :YMHUG: :YMHUG: :YMHUG:

23. MJ+Donovan

Thanks everyone.

Thankfully Butthead doesn't seem to mind his funnel-head that much, besides being annoyed that he can't wash and scratch himself. He was always the kind of cat you could do stupid things to - like bunny ears for Easter, antlers for Xmas pics, etc. Doesn't care. Whereas most other cats act as if you've tied a cement block to their necks when you put on the funnel.

MJ&Donovan&FunnelheadButthead

24. MJ+Donovan

case in point (he's sleeping):
    [​IMG]

25. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Wow...I've heard of laid back but he takes the cake! How CUTE he is....LOL

26. mybuddybinks

mybuddybinks Well-Known Member

lord, butthead...you don't mind the cone of shame??? i hate it, but then you seem like a very zen kinda guy.

get better soon, buddy...donny says you're way cool and we all want to meet you. and i think your ear looks neat! looks a lot better than my hula skirt and the big B my bean shaved where i get my shots.

wishing you wonderful health pal...

binks

27. Jen and Oreo (GA)

Jen and Oreo (GA) Well-Known Member

Awe, I want to smoosh butthead with his helmoot!! :mrgreen:

Hope the recovery goes well and quickly! Speedy healing vines to Butthead in his helmoot :smile:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.