9/8 ~~ Harley PMPS 494, +3 381

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Harley and Pattie, Sep 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Harley and Pattie

Harley and Pattie Well-Known Member

I have 30 minutes before I give Harley his AM shot. Last night I gave 7.25 units instead of the 7.5 (new dose). He fell to 58 at +8 and is not only 101. Should I give the full 7.5 or the 7.25 like last night?

Pattie

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=24348

2. Miriam and Putty (GA)

Miriam and Putty (GA) Well-Known Member

Re: 9/8 ~~ Harley pre-AMPS 101 - Shoot New Dose?

Did you already shoot?
    Are you home today?

3. Harley and Pattie

Re: 9/8 ~~ Harley pre-AMPS 101 - Shoot New Dose?

I am sorry to say that I was nervous shooting the full 7.5 with Harley’s AMPS so low. I did do the 7.25 and will go to the 7.5 tonight if advised to. I thought it was a good night.

PMPS 164
    +.5 209
    +4 113
    +9 58
    +11 101
    AMPS 145

I just gave the shot and can do an additional 0.25 if need be. I am not home today until +8.

Pattie

4. Miriam and Putty (GA)

Miriam and Putty (GA) Well-Known Member

Re: 9/8 ~~ Harley AMPS 145

I think you did the right thing since you will not be home most of the day. :smile:

5. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

What a beautiufl AMPS for Harley...hope you left out plenty of food for him Pattie...

I have a question...your SS doesn't have a dose for yesterday morning...just wondering what you shot then.
    This is really great...and last night's cycle was awesome! Looking forward to seeing an update when you get home! :mrgreen:
    this dose is getting some great action...can you post your +8 number and then do a +11 test tonight too and ask for someone to look at his SS for the doe tonight? Best to double check when you get a +11 as to what to shoot later on...

6. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

For now, I'd leave the dose at 7.25u. I know you and Jill discussed increasing to 7.5u yesterday. You saw a good response last night and rather than moving the dose again, I'd go the 6 cycles at this dose and if needed, you can increase then.

7. Jill & Alex (GA)

Jill & Alex (GA) Senior Member Moderator

you have good instincts, pattie. stick with this dose for now. harley showed a great response last night.
    do it again, harley! :mrgreen:

8. Harley and Pattie

Jill, I just got home and he is up. I did a +2 before I went to work and he bounced over 300 (don't have the numbers right in front of me at the moment) and he is down to 268. So the bounce was not as high and he is falling faster than before. Keep your fingers crossed.

Pattie

9. mybuddybinks

mybuddybinks Well-Known Member

good luck, harley & pattie!

binks

10. Jill & Alex (GA)

fingers, toes, paws... everything crossed!
    you've been working so hard to see a break like this. this is exciting!
    let's see how things pan out by sticking with the dose for a few more cycles. if he should stall out, we may need to nudge him down again, but that's ok. we're getting closer...

11. Harley and Pattie

Yeah! flip_cat

12. Jill & Alex (GA)

lol! doing a back-flip is what i would have done if i could have without breaking my neck when i saw harley's ss today! :lol:

13. Harley and Pattie

Got too excited too quickly - his +10 was 414...ick :YMSIGH:

14. Lisa and Do Lou (GA)

Lisa and Do Lou (GA) Well-Known Member

Re: 9/8 ~~ Harley AMPS 145, +10 414 - bouncing

Lets hope the bounce clears quickly for Harley :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

15. Harley and Pattie

Re: 9/8 ~~ Harley +11 450 - dose advice please

I hate these bounces – they depress me. I did something I said I would never do again. Whenever someone has asked how Harley is, I always say “holding his own” because when I say fine or great, something goes wrong. Well today, I went to get the EVO food and she asked how Harley was – I said doing great…never will say that again.

This is what the day looked like.
    AMPS 145
    +2 341
    +7 261 – gave ½ container FF appetizer, watered down
    +10 414
    +11 450

So, what do I shoot tonight? 7.25 or 7.5. Please advise me.

Pattie

16. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

That's quite a bounce, huh?
    But he was doing great and you said so...I think you will be able to say it again once this clears...don't worry...this was a great couple of cycles for him, right? :razz:

17. Jill & Alex (GA)

stick with 7.25u for now, k? the bounce was very much expected. harley's not used to double digits.
    let's see what this dose can do after the bounce clears. that's not to say the dose won't have to be increased, but since harley made it down to green on 7.25u, let's give the dose a chance before thinking about an increase. make sense?

18. heidi and doodles

heidi and doodles Member

hi Pattie wow some great numbers for harley man!!!

Doodles does this a lot for me :evil: She can have awesome numbers then go to the stinkus pinkus floor ohmygod_smile
    I haven't looked at harley's ss, but I know how Doodles gets after a go with good numbers she'll go pink for her apmps or pmps, then stays yellow, sometimes for a few cycles with
    a blue thrown in there, just to throw me off track. So I will usually keep her dose the same, Sienne always has great advice :D

Good luck with your choice :D your doing awesome!

19. Harley and Pattie

Re: 9/8 ~~ Harley PMPS 494

I will not panic over the 3 reds in a row - I know it will take some time to clear the bounce and my guy was great last night.
    Will stick with the 7.25 for now.

Have a good night everyone.

Pattie

20. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

I think that Harley will be out of this bounce in no time...
    Did you hear that Harley? Work your way back to green soon...but not too quickly, okay? :mrgreen:

This was really great....but he isn't used to those lower numbers...so he bounced. That 7.25u will get him back down in no time....

21. Harley and Pattie

Harley is falling fast (to me). Is there a way to prevent his going really low tonight?

Pattie

22. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

You can use food to manipulate the BGs...if you feed a little LC he might start to even out. We like to use mini meals, a tablespoonful at a time every hour for the first few hours in the cycle to keep them from diving. Perhaps you can do the same right now in the middle of the cycle...feed a little now and then again in another hour. Then you will see if the food helped him stay level.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.