8/15 Stu AMPS 312, +5.5 55, PMPS 278, +4.5 367

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA), Aug 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

yesterday: viewtopic.php?p=222585#p222585

Hi Everyone,

This morning was a strain: my DH didn't sleep well last night, felt ill, and went btb. Stu refused his pill piece. The cheese I had was moldy, so I put the pill in a little butter (which he loves), but he knew it was a pill and struggled. Finally I put the pill (still in the butter) into his dish. He ate and I didn't see pill, so I guess it got down. Then I dropped one syringe and wasted another trying to get the big bubble out. Then, when I finally had the syringe ready, Stu wandered away from his dish and I had to get DH to help me get him back to it so that I could give the insulin. Whew! I'm exhausted and the day has barely begun. My Earthlink horoscope says this is going to be a good day for me!!!!
    WCR: Litterbox was full. 3 installments of breakfast eaten. The grounds have been toured. Moths chased. Just tested at +3: 121!! Fed a little 12% Merrick mixed with his LC. I guess the bounce and pink surf have cleared (the fattening of the dose may have helped). We'll keep an eye on Stu this morning. This afternoon (mid afternoon) we'll be going to our club picnic (I'm on the committee), but I'm sure that Stu, even if he has another steep drop this morning, will be leveled out by this afternoon.
    Out to take a short walk now. Gotta get out!! Everyone have a good day.

Ella & Stu

2. Barb & Checkers (GA)

Barb & Checkers (GA) Well-Known Member

Re: 8/15 Stu AMPS 312, +3 121

Yaaaaaay, Stu got off the pink floor. WooHoo!
    That was quite a morning, you had, Ella. I hate having to waste a syringe with insulin in it.
    Stu sounds like it's gonna be a great day for him. :D
    Hey Mr. Stu, no going too low this afternoon, okay? Your beans have had enough drama today. :mrgreen:

3. Laurie and Mr Tinkles

Laurie and Mr Tinkles Well-Known Member

Ella, it's nice to see Stu got off the pink floor this morning! I've had the same thing happen with the bubbles in the syringe and it's always when I don't have the time to spare. Pilling is one thing I just absolutely hate, I always end up getting bitten and my failure rate is astronomical, so if you can get any pills down Stu, you're doing great in my book! I hope you have fun at the picnic later. None of that scuba diving Stu, be nice to your beans!

4. Iorwen & Tray

Iorwen & Tray Well-Known Member

sorry for the rough morning you had, at least Stu is in a nice blue stage now.
    I hope your DH is feeling better and your horoscope kicks in and you have a great day.

5. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Re: 8/15 Stu AMPS 312, +3 121, +4 66

I guess we're really out of the pink. 66 at +4. Fed some 12%. Stu is enjoying the Merrick Thanksgiving Day Dinner! Will check again at +5.

Ella

6. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

Sounds like you had quite a morning girl...wow!

But moldy cheese Ella? :lol: It's hard enough to get that pill in but when they see it's moldy cheese...OMG...you are so funny! The butter was a good idea. Hope you guys have a nice day today...that was quite a drop for Mr. Stu...yipes...

Shadow wants to go hunting for mice today after Stu showed him how it is done. So far he hasn't found any which is a good thing cause he doesn't go outside! Mouse-free apartment! Whew! Everyone here is talking about the great time they had at your place...they wish they had a foot fountain like Stu's... :lol:

7. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

OMG...I just saw the 66 post after I posted mine....come ON Stu....stop with this diving here buddy!

8. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Re: 8/15 Stu AMPS 312, +3 121, +4 66, +5.5 55

Hi again, More 12% Merrick ( for lunch) to feed the 55 at +5.5. This is Stu's normal nadir time, so hopefully he won't go much lower. Especially since I must go out this afternoon to the picnic since I am on the food committee!

Ella

9. kldanzi

kldanzi Member

Surf Stu, surf!

10. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Michelle and Mannie (GA) Well-Known Member

STU!! DUDE!! We are both :mrgreen: :mrgreen: so let's go and [​IMG], OK? Besides your bean is having a rough morning, and could really use a break.... You are looking mighty fine today Stu - lets celebrate on our green boards.... see ya!! ~~ Mannie

OMG Ella - what a morning for you.... I am sorry - but can relate to so much of it. I wonder: is it possible to grind up or smash or squash Stu's pill so that it is a powder, and maybe mix in with his food? Maybe then it would be hidden beyond discovery? Love the cheese - and I thought I was the only one that had moldy cheese... poor Stu! Good idea on the butter. And the bubbles (!!!) in the insulin - I am having the same issues - took 3, 4 tries last night to get a draw that was relatively bubble free. yikes! At least you knew what to do to remedy the situation: walk! That's what I do... such a relief it is. I hope your DH feels better.

Enjoy the picnic today - don't worry about Stu - he and Mannie are going surfin' and they promise to take care of one another. :?

11. Kristen & Emma (GA)

Kristen & Emma (GA) Well-Known Member

Re: 8/15 Stu AMPS 312, +3 121, +4 66, +5.5 55, +7 91

Looking good Stu! And coming up just in time so your mom won't worry while she's at the picnic - good boy!

12. Ele & Blackie (GA)

Ele & Blackie (GA) Well-Known Member

Sorry for the rough start to your day. Its bound to be better after that! I'm glad to see Stu came down from his bounce. Nice job in getting him to surf. I hope you have fun at your picnic.

13. Ann & Tess GA

Ann & Tess GA Well-Known Member

Good looking surf today for Stu. So nice of him to come up so you can go to the picnic. Have a fun afternoon. The gang is surfing together, so no need to worry.

14. jan and Hep and sara (GA)

jan and Hep and sara (GA) Well-Known Member

Re: 8/15 Stu AMPS 312, +3 121, +4 66, +5.5 55, +7 91, PMPS 278

Hi Ella,

Sienne told me to ask Krys and Kasha about the allergy pill pockets. I put a little butter on Sara's tonight and it went a lot better. At least it was the first time and not the 5th or 6th. :D I've got to get some pill pockets too.

15. Barb & Checkers (GA)

Barb & Checkers (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Ella and Stu. Just dropped in to say goodnite. :smile:

16. Roni and Moonie

Roni and Moonie Well-Known Member

What a womderful day I see here!!! Hope you got to your picnic!! It's always when you need to go somewhere!!
    Stu's numbers look so good considering all else!!--Little bounce at night cant wait to see his tomorrow!! Big Hugs
    and the city was absolutely mobbed this weekend & almost impossible to get around!!
    Good thing you were up there!! :mrgreen:

17. Kristen & Emma (GA)

Kristen & Emma (GA) Well-Known Member

Hey Stu - Yeah, you and Emma are almost PMPS twins tonight! I hope you get down lower than she's been getting. She's still in the yellows at +3, but it looks like blues are coming soon!

Hope you're feeling ok Stu, and that your mom is hanging in there and feeling a little less overwhelmed!

18. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Thanks, everyone. Stu has bounced high tonight (as I knew he would). The picnic was a success. The rain held off until it was almost over. All in all Stu had a good day today with his numbers. But I don't know what to expect anymore. All is unpredictable. He enjoyed Cowboy Cookout for dinner. I think it spikes his bg, however, even though it is supposed to only be 5% carbs (I believe By Nature 95% turkey & turkey liver is 2%, but don't know it's phosphorus content. Phosphorus of EVO 95% venison is only 177, so I might try that again to see if he has regained his interest in it.)
    Everyone have a good night.

Ella & Stu

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.