1/11 Mannie AMPS 497, PMPS 311 RBC, new dose

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Michelle and Mannie (GA), Jan 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Michelle and Mannie (GA) Well-Known Member

Greetings from Mannie!

What a difference a day makes. phew! Quite the surf last evening - loved the greens, but.... what was interesting about the whole feed and test every half hour for 4+ hours, was that prior to all this occurring he planted himself in the kitchen, began what i call his food dance, meowing the whole time - no doubt he was telling me he needed food. sure enough! Found him the the 50's...

Of course we have RBC today - tested at 497 this AM, with a 493 @ amps +1. expected I guess. we discussed yesterday about reducing his dose, which I did this morning. Hope that was the right decision. What with new insulin on board and such a significant drops in numbers, I thought it to be the best approach. Please correct me if you disagree.

yesterdays condo:http://felinediabetes.com/FDMB/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2097

WCR: HAPPY! - he got tuna tonight - one happy dude cat. flip_cat He has forgiven me for poke and test over and over again yesterday. We are back to laps cuddles and head scratches. :smile: Now just to get the numbers back down again.

RECAP:
    amps 497
    amps +1 493
    pmps 316
    pmps +2 311

2. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

looks good, like maybe rebound is breaking already, let's hope so!

3. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

me too! i hate red - i really do..... :mrgreen:

4. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Whether or not to shoot the previous or reduced dose is a matter of data, IMHO. Because Gabby is prone to dropping like the proverbial rock and she clears a rebound quickly, no one trusts that shooting the previous dose would help break the rebound -- it would probably demolish the rebound. So, I shoot the new dose. I suspect once you are confident in how Mannie responds, you'll know what to do. In the meantime, I think you took the safer route of shooting the reduced dose.

5. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Thanks! I thought safe was the best approach. We shall see what he does once the rebound clears, where his numbers are. Of late he seems to clear them quickly... ?? always learning here, confidence is growing... yesterday was an educational adventure.

6. Chris and Chloe

Chris and Chloe Member

Congrats on the pokapaloosa yesterday...very nicely done! And look at Mannie go! Wouldn't that be great if all the stinkus pinkus was due to old insulin???? Paws crossed the rebound clears quickly and Mannie's back to some nice bloos and greens. :RAHCAT

7. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

:lol: yes, the two of us had such a good time. he was such a trooper! latest: down to 261 at pmps +5, so looks like the bounce won't be too long-lived. we seem to be clearing nicely. :RAHCAT all paws crossed - even the civvies.

so agreed on the old insulin thing - i think it may be. (boy do i feel like a bad mama bean - live and learn, huh). he had such a good day yesterday - even taking in account the pokepaloosa.

silly boy - he came to get me for the pmps +5 tonight funniest thing... only does this at night. dance dance poke test dance and then the chow down, always at pmps +5. you gotta love it!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.