1/11 Bandit PMPS 196 +4 169 +6 116

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Julia & Bandit (GA), Jan 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Julia & Bandit (GA)

Julia & Bandit (GA) Well-Known Member

Yesterday's condo: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2006

So about 2 seconds after Bandit furiously gobbles down his food tonight, he runs in the living room and it all comes right back up on the carpet. I waited a few minutes, and then fed him again, but I gave him the same amount a few spoonfuls at a time, waiting a minute or so between spoons. He kept the food down the second time, so I guess he just ate too fast. He usually eats fast but he's never puked his wet food back up before! :shock:

2. Roni and Moonie

Roni and Moonie Well-Known Member

Re: 1/11 Bandit AMPS 140 PMPS 146

Is he throwing up every time he eats?? Cant you just give a tsp full & let it go down ..Then rest. Wait again..Maybe add a tiny bit of water??
    If it continues, call the vet..may have some stomach upset.

3. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

I'm confused. The PMPS on Bandit's SS says 196. Which is is the correct number? The blues are very pretty either way.

4. Helene & Tizon

Helene & Tizon Well-Known Member

Wet food stains, doesn't it!
    Make a note to the type of food he eats, maybe it's a specific flavour... but again, maybe not.
    Also... other tip... could you feed more times a day (not in the 2 hours preceeding shots though) so Bandit doesn't get too hungry? You know him better than anyone else; just trying to give you extra ideas.
    Come on back to green there Bandit!

5. Julia & Bandit (GA)

The spreadsheet was right. I had a typo, sorry.

I feed bandit four times a day: 1 can FF @ 7am and 7pm, and 1/3-2/3 can @ 1am and 1pm. Maybe I can increase the food at the 1am/pm feedings and decrease the 7am/pm feedings? I don't think that will keep him from eating so fast, though. I think I'm going to have to start feeding him his food more slowly. It's just going to be a pain, because now I'm going to have to wrangle with my other cat to keep her from eating his food while I'm trying to slowly feed him and give him his shot. Ugh.

I have noticed he's been eating more furiously lately, and acting hungrier. He's at the right weight with how much he's fed now, but should I increase his food? Maybe it's the lower BG? He's a former obese cat, and he has no natural "I'm full" sensation. He'll eat and eat and eat and puke and eat some more.

6. Jill & Alex (GA)

Jill & Alex (GA) Senior Member Moderator

very nice numbers!

my alex has a nickname: miss piggy! :roll:
    she'll gobble up whatever is put in front of her. a little tip i picked up along the way...
    spread bandit's food out on a dinner plate. it'll take him a lot longer to eat his food. worked for alex.

7. Julia & Bandit (GA)

That...is...brilliant! Wow, why didn't I think of that already! Way easier than what I did this morning, which was divide it in three seperate dishes and set them each down after waiting a minute after he finished each one. :smile:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.