Slashy & Rick AMPS and PMPS both in the blue!!

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Slashy & Rick, Jan 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Slashy & Rick

Slashy & Rick Member

http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key= ... haXc&hl=en

this is the first time since we began home testing and went cold turkey on the dry food that both AMPS and PMPS have been in the blue!

Quite pleased :)

This is our 3rd week using the auto feeder during the day (he just wakes me up every few hours at night). I think it has really made a difference.

2. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

Hi Rick
    this is very good, can u post ur numbers in ur title?

Will u be able to monitor tonight?

We would really like to see some spotchecks from this PM number, +3 and a before time check would be great.

3. Slashy & Rick

Slashy & Rick Member

Hello - I know how to post.. I am celebrating!

+3 is normally past bedtime but will see what I can do. Did 2 full curve over the weekend, and every weekend.

4. Helene & Tizon

Helene & Tizon Well-Known Member

Hi Rick,

Nice to see that Slashy is blue... However... couple of things for the safety of Slashy - because I know that you have his safety in mind -

If you have changed Slashy's food to wet food ONLY, it is very vey important that you get as many spot checks as possible to ensure that the dose of insulin is adequate for Slashy and isn't too much. Dr. Lisa has a full explanation on that at www.catinfo.org. Wet food will very likely change the insulin requirement of Slashy.

Also... on the subject of spot checks, please consider getting spot checks post PMPS. Without those number you and others on this board do not have the full picture of what is going on with Slashy. Many many cats go lower at night than during the day and your bed time check (how ever close to PMPS it is) should be your best friend.

And one last thing, technically a full curve is 24 tests over the course of 24 hours.... although some people say they do a full 12 hour curve.

glad to hear that Slashy is going well.

5. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

Nice blues....really nice. :thumbup :thumbup

Agree with Ronnie about the PM checks though. :D
    Maybe Slashy is different from many others, but we sometimes see very low numbers
    during the PM hours...and.... 5 units will definitely get some action, especially on those lower blue BGs...

LOL...Ronnie and I test very often!! We like to see where they are at peak time or before.
    Often, I have been very surprised at what my Shadow shows after low Preshots....

I totally agree with her that it would benefit Slashy if you check a +3 tonight especially!!

It's great when we see the insulin working so well....I prefer to err on the side of caution myself when it comes
    to testing....that's just my humble opinion....
    Glad Slashy got such beautiful numbers today!!! Keep up the good work Slashy!!!!!

6. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Those blues are great! Sorry to rain on your parade but I'm lining up behind the others. Those spot checks are very important. PM spot checks are particularly important on the days you're working and can't get them during the AM cycle.

7. Slashy & Rick

Slashy & Rick Member

Re: Slashy & Rick PMPS +3 111

x

Attached Files:

• Max.jpg
      Max.jpg
      File size:
      379.2 KB
      Views:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.