1/10 Shadoe amps 434, pmps 353

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Blue, Jan 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

Yesterday’s Condo

Yesterday's recap:
    405 - amps
    391 - +1
    252 - +3
    259 - +6
    455 - 10
    468 - pmps
    403 - +2
    340 - +3
    353 - +4
    310 - +5
    293 - +6
    302 - +7

I sleep; Shadoe goes back up while she is sleeping. :YMSIGH: It's fairly discouraging and Shadoe does NOT like all the testing. Since I never see much of a suprise, I'll test less.
    I just don't get stubbornness; she must have serious scaredy-catitis.

She really IS quite happy and relaxed in her pinks; she stretches out and purrs more and is just all around a happy cat. When the numbers get down to almost decent, she acts like she is holding her breath and feeling very out of sorts. In some ways, it reminds me of a cat while giving birth to kittens; an out of place stillness.

Today is cycle 6, so let's hope we see something of an improvement today.

2. carolynandlatte

carolynandlatte Well-Known Member

Re: 1/10 Shadoe amps 434, +2 365

Hello Gayle and Shadoe!

You know, Latte does not like yellows or above...its obvious. She gets sluggish in greens. But blues, she is so even keel and happy go lucky. I cant help but wonder if its not just the liver that needs to get used to it, but the cat themselves. Hopefully as Shadoe gets more exposure to the lower levels he will appear happier there as well.

Hang in there! I know how hard it is to be patient.

3. Randi & Max (GA)

Randi & Max (GA) Well-Known Member

Hey Gayle
    Hope today is better for Shadoe.
    Maybe we should set up a blind date for her and Max and they can conspire against us.
    My boy just loves pinks and reds. Maybe I shouldn't have neutered him.

Hoping we see som progress on both our dosecreases.

4. Amy and Six

Amy and Six Well-Known Member

Good Morning Gayle, Shadoe and Booboo!

I hope Shadoe decides to do some surfing in the beautiful yellows today and that dose increase kicks in.

5. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

Re: 1/10 Shadoe amps 434, +2 365, +6 322

Right now is a perfect example of Shadoe acting her most content.

I came home from the gym and found Shadoe all stretched out on the carpet, lying in the sun and purring like crazy. When I petted her, she stretched out to double her length, so happy for her welcome home belly rubs.

I am thinking man, what an improvement since I went out at 1030am, so I get a small bowl of food ready and test her.
    Ugh, just one of her comfy pinks.

I think I keep losing sight of the big picture.
    We did not get a dx till Oct4/09, wasted time using Caninsulin till Nov20/09, so Shadoe has been on Lantus for less than 8 weeks.

In that time, she has put on some weight, cut down on her water intake, has returned to some of her past liveliness, is eating much better food, and has moved down from her horrible red/black BG numbers. She's had a handful of some of better numbers, so she IS trying, even though she ran from those number, terrified.

I know she will get there when she can, and so will Max and the others. I am positive that they all know their beans want the best for them and appreciate it.

So for now, I'll celebrate all of the tiny progress that Shadoe has managed to get, and help her get more, in her own time.

6. Amy and Six

Amy and Six Well-Known Member

YAY! I am glad to see you giving yourself a pep talk! These numbers have to be frustrating you, but numbers only tell part of the story. You just told the other part; Shadoe is much improved especially since starting Lantus.

Perhaps Shadoe and Six can start the pretty pinkus club? Who can we invite today?

7. Sherry & Zoe (GA)

Sherry & Zoe (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Gayle & Shadoe,

Sometimes a happy, purry cat is the best gift....and is definitely something to happy about. Sometimes you have to focus on the whole kitty and not just the numbers.

Hang in......

Sherry & Zoe

8. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

YES! They will get there in their own time, some kitties are like this bcatrun_gif and some are like this :dizcat

9. paige

paige Well-Known Member

Oh Gayle, I love how you said that "you have to look at the cat and not the numbers". I have been so focused on the numbers today I neglect to see how happy Webber is and how he just wants to get some loving and a belly rub.

Thank you for your own pep talk. :YMHUG:

10. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

Shadoe seems pretty good this evening. Her pmps was lower than +10, and she was actually sleeping with Booboo and not anxious for her test and shot and food. Nice.

She is up and about; as usual after her shots. It's like she waits for the shot to start kicking in, then she gets up to do cat stuff, like walk around, check the food, scratch a bit on one of her rugs, then find a new place to lie down. Nice.

Will test +2 or 3.

11. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

((((Gayle))))

Nice pep talk today. :D You're echoing some of the same thoughts I remember having with Lucy, thinking I had wasted too much time on a different insulin (1 month on N, 6 months on PZI), worrying that her dose was higher than some other cats, worrying that she was never going to have a breakthrough and that she was going to be pink forever. But exactly as you said, she was HAPPY. Playing, purring a LOT, talking, bouncing around. And the breakthrough did come.

And (you knew this was coming!), it has been 7 cycles, you can increase tomorrow or whenever you're ready. Next dose is 5.25.

12. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

Re: 1/10 Shadoe amps 434, pmps 353, +2 329

Awesome, thanks Libby, I'll go with the increase tomorrow, pm shot, so I am around if there are any issues.

I guess this 5.25u puts Shadoe into the high dose club?
    Here's hoping this increase gives her the boost to take another tentative step down, closer to green/blue land, but I'll be happy with some nice yellows.

It is getting rougher to keep waking Shadoe up for testing; she is always happy and napping. I think I am annoying her :lol: I'll get in one more before bed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.