7/07 Meadow AMPS 352 PMPS 326

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Amber & Meadow, Jul 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amber & Meadow

Amber & Meadow Member

2. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

Hi Amber,

both is fine. How are you doing? hows Meadow today?

3. Amber & Meadow

Amber & Meadow Member

She's the same, except she purrs more. She's back to eating more again. It's not like in the beginning when she was "starving", but for the last couple of weeks, she's only eaten one can whereas she was eating 2-3 cans twice a day. I'm not sure I fully understand this diagnosis. Is this a death sentence?

4. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

Well, your whole cat report sounds positive. Don't focus on the negative, chin up!
    How's the research going?

Hang in there Amber!

5. Phoebe_TiggyGA_NortonGA

Phoebe_TiggyGA_NortonGA Well-Known Member

Acro is not necessarily a death sentence. Progression is relatively slow - most symptoms are not directly life threatening.

I thought I'd have another year or so with Norton, but he developed an aggressive intestinal cancer unrelated to the acromegaly. He was gone in two months.

Several acrocats are still with us a few years after diagnosis.

If you can keep the diabetes under control, and manage any symptoms that may develop like pain or arthritis, your kitty can be healthy and happy for a long time yet.

6. OptOut

OptOut Well-Known Member

Hey there! You can post where ever you like on a daily basis. Most of your dosing advice will come from LL, and there are more people in LL, but if you ever have acro-specific questions, definitely post in High Dose.

7. Nina and KB

Nina and KB Well-Known Member

I think Phoebe summed it up pretty well.

8. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

There are a lot of vets who would tell you that feline diabetes is a death sentence. We know very differently. You need to be attentive to any new symptoms that Meadow may develop and talk to your vet should they occur. It sounded like your new vet wasn't overly familiar with acro. From what Libby has said, Jazzy is the first acro cat her vet has encountered. Maybe you can get hold of the materials that Libby is sending to her vet so you and the vet can work together to keep Meadow healthy.

9. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

((Amber)) There are so many people here to support you....research as much as you can and remember that Meadow is still the same kitty she was last week. She loves you and needs you. This will be okay....
    Sending hugs to you...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.