7/5/10 PMPS 290 for Harley

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Harley and Pattie, Jul 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Harley and Pattie

Harley and Pattie Well-Known Member

Well, the start of another day and it has to be better than yesterday. Was up every 3 hours to check bg and it did fall but still in the pink area. I won't do a curve today - both of us have to recover from the bg 449 of last night.

He still seems really hungry. Tomorrow I will start cutting down on his food. He is going to be medically boarded next week while I am on vacation. He usually does not eat much during that time so cutting food down should be easier - maybe I will wait until I am back to serve less food.

I am going to try and paste the condo from yesterday...hopefully it will help.

Thank you all for yesterday. I really felt that I had done a bad thing to my guy.

Pattie
    http://felinediabetes.com/FDMB/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=18898

2. carolynandlatte

carolynandlatte Well-Known Member

Re: 7/5/10 Harley AMPS 336

Good Morning Pattie!
    You did great last night! Look at all those checks!!!! I bet you are exhausted.

The red, as explained, was probably a bounce from the yellows yesterday. The flat pink could mean he is ready to clear already. MEaning he will go back into yellow or lower today. But we wont know this without checks. No need to do a full curve, but a few spot checks would be good. Maybe a +3 to see if things are kickin' in, then a +6 or +7? If you dont want to do that much then just a mid cycle somewhere between +5 and +7?

I was wondering when you give the budesonide? Many of us giving steroids notice the cycle in which the steroid is given, OR the beginning of the next cycle a little higher. When I was giving it to Latte at night, her pm numbers went up or stayed pretty much the same all night. Its just something to factor in, if you start seeing lopsided curves.

I hope you have a great day. And Vacation....how lovely for you! I hope it is somewhere really fun! :mrgreen:

3. Harley and Pattie

I give the budesonide with his evening feeding. I will get more checks today and put them on his ss throughout the day. Hopefully you have the day off and can sit with your feet up.

Pattie

4. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

You did a phenomenal job yesterday of getting tests in! Given what the curve looks like, have you given any thought to increasing Harley's dose? Usually, we give a dose 3 - 5 days to evaluate whether it's working. Harley's been at this dose for 10 weeks. What would you think about increasing to 6.25u?

5. Harley and Pattie

A much calmer day today than yesterday. I forgot to report that he has been ketone free for the last week. Today just one number in the 300's - +9 317. I did email Harley's vet that I want to increase his insulin since the numbers are consistently high. She is really good at figuring out more insulin and since he has gained weight, that should mean more insulin - right?

Tonight is a great night!

Pattie

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.