6/18 Meadow's AMPS 290 +4 456...excuse me while I scream!

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Meadow, Jun 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Meadow

Meadow Member

Took Meadow's BG at +4 and it was 456. :(
    So on a hunch, I asked hubby if he had given Meadow anything to eat while I was out. His answer..."well she begged for dry food when the others had it and I couldn't say no, so I gave her some." And so I had to lay down the law with him...and I think the neighbors probably heard me. But I do believe I got my point across. I can't wait for summer vacation to start so I can monitor her 24/7! I'll test again in an hour just to see where she is at, but then I have to leave for work again and can't test until I get home at 5. :YMSIGH:

Good morning everyone,

Hope today finds you all in good spirits and your kitties feline fine!
    Meadow's AMPS this morning was 290. Let's see how the day goes. ;)

Yesterday's Comdo http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=17460&p=173551#p173551

2. PeterDevonMocha

PeterDevonMocha Well-Known Member

Re: 6/18 Meadow's AMPS 290....hoping for a good # day

hey it's a yellow start to the weekend! I hope meadow shows you the lower numbers today ... have a great weekend!

3. paige

paige Well-Known Member

Good morning and Happy Friday flip_cat I just hope she doesn't want to wear pink today ;-)

4. Iorwen & Tray

Iorwen & Tray Well-Known Member

Nice sunny yellow morning to you Meadow, blue skies ahead for you I hope.

5. joyce-tuscany(GA)

joyce-tuscany(GA) Well-Known Member

Wow, I heard that scream all the way here in Michigan! DH has to learn to either give lots less or lie better :lol:

6. Hillary & Maui (GA)

Hillary & Maui (GA) Well-Known Member

OK, well now you can very clearly see what dry food does to Meadow! As horrible as this is, it is a good visual for others to learn from.

The good news, you know what caused the high. Be prepared, it make take a cycle or two for the dry to get out of her system.

When this happened with Maui (we were on OTJ trial 1), I had nobody to blame but myself! I was doing my best to transition everyone to wet and left dry out that Maui ate. If you look at her ss, you will see.

7. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

Guess she has her Daddy wrapped around her little paw, eh? Well, i can't blame him....if I weren't such a nasty Mama to my two, I would fall for their sad sad eyes too. They look so pathetically sad when they beg for things, don't they?
    Tough Love is hard. Men have a problem being mean to sweet little beggars...
    At least you know what happened and set things straight. Smooth sailing from this day on. :lol:

8. Meadow

Meadow Member

Thanks everyone! Just took Meadow's bg again and it is down to 405 after an hour and 15 minutes.
    Meadow is her daddy's girl for sure. She talks to him and lays on her back in the cruck of his underarm and watches TV with him. The 2 of them are hysterical laying there watching TV in the exact same position on their backs. He never could say no to her! But I think he'll be able to now. ;)

Lesson learned.....

9. Barb and Tori

Barb and Tori Well-Known Member

It really is kind of sweet how some Daddies always give in to their little girls. DH meant well I'm sure but I bet he has learned a very important lesson today. Maybe he can spoil her with more low carb treats like Bonito flakes. They are Tori's favourite things on Earth besides French Fires.

Hope she comes down for you soon.

10. kryskat

kryskat Well-Known Member

Well, I can point to this when someone tells me that "just a little" dry can't hurt!!!!

At least it's temporary!

11. Carrie & Trouble

Carrie & Trouble Member

I hope the numbers keep coming down quickly. I know how hard it is to resist those eyes! It's as bad as having ice cream in my fridge...it just works better to not have the temptation in the house.

12. Helene & Tizon

Helene & Tizon Well-Known Member

Well said! Make sure you make a note of that in your SS... although DH will probably never forget the day he got an ear full about dry food... we won't remember exactly, soa note would be useful.

It's temporary.... let the kitty-crack go thru the system.
    Have a drink!

13. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

ugh, I hope the dry food clears out quickly. Can you make a note on your spreadsheet so when we look back we'll remember why she was so high today?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.