1/7: Pablo's AMPS 317/PMPS 335...

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Holly and Pablo, Jan 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Holly and Pablo

Holly and Pablo Member

(No condo yesterday.)

WCR: Over the last few days, he has rubbed two lesions on his chin, and one is even bleeding! I also just felt a medium-sized lump on his chin that I swear wasn't there before. Ideas? Before the dental, he started rubbing his face on things a lot, and I figured afterwards that it was because his teeth were bothering him. Maybe he's doing it now because his mouth is still sore and the suture is irritating? I dunno...it looks horrible! And now I'm worried he has some kind of tumor growing. :shock:

It's been 72 hours since we saw a blue. :cry: His numbers have been mostly pink for days now after the lovely blues the day I upped his dose (1/4/10). The ONLY recent change was the addition of Liqui-tinic to his food twice a day (started 1/2). Liqui-tinic is similar to Pet-Tinic, and I know some people have used it in diabetics, so I figured it shouldn't affect his BS too much. He's anemic, so he really needs it. Anyway, the ingredients looks better than the Pet-Tinic:

Liqui-tinic: Dried animal digest, Animal liver, Potassium sorbate (preservatives) , Ferrous sulfate, Xanthan gum, Niacinamide, Polysorbate 80, Caramel color, d-Calcium pantothenate,Thiamine hydrochloride, Anethole, Sodium saccharin, Citric acid, Pyridoxine hydrochloride (Vitamin B6), Propyl paraben (preservative), Methyl paraben (preservatives), Riboavin, Vitamin B12 supplement.

Pet-tinic: Corn Syrup, Water, Sucrose, Glycerin, Beef Liver Paste, Iron Proteinate, Sodium Citrate, Caramel Color, Citric Acid, Niacinamide, Potassium Sorbate, Cyanocobalamin, Thiamine Hydrochloride, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Riboflavin, Cupric Sulfate, Natural Anise Flavor, Sodium Hydroxide

So for those of you who have used Pet-tinic, did it affect BS? If not, I'd think the Liqui-tinic definitely wouldn't...

I skipped it tonight to see what his numbers are without it. And he has a recheck appt. at the "dentist" in Charlotte on January 19th, so I'll talk to her about the chin stuff and what might be going on. But does anyone have suggestions for why he's still in the pinks and what I should do from here?

2. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

bump

sorry dont have much of an answer for u, bumpin u up for other eyes thou.

:)

3. pjstroop

pjstroop Member

Poor Pablo!
    I didn't see anything in the ingredients that would spike the numbers either...
    hmmmm... sounds like he is in discomfort if he is rubbing mouth on objects.
    Can you get appointment earlier :?: Sounds like vet should take a peak..

Feel better Pablo!

4. Jill & Alex (GA)

Jill & Alex (GA) Senior Member Moderator

hmmm, if you don't see some blue real soon i'd think about upping the dose to 3.75 units bid.
    agree with paula... try to move his vet appointment up. if something is going on not only could it be keeping the numbers up, but it could be something which requires treatment. best to have him checked out...

5. Cassandra and Sasha

Cassandra and Sasha Well-Known Member

(((Holly))) Agree with Jill about raising the dose. Lots of room for an increase there if there is no blue. Hope the vet visit gives you some easy answers. Sending positive vines.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.