1/6 Shadoe amps 385 pmps 380, +2 344 +3 380

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Blue, Jan 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

Yesterday’s Condo

Another day, another pink. The story of Shadoe's numbers. :YMSIGH:

Something's going on; it's like she is fighting any progress. :?

She is getting more particular about her food and if she does not like it, well, she just won't eat it.
    This morning, I had to add extra water and heat the food a bit before she would touch it. She is chomping down on it now, but before, room temp was OK. :roll:

There was nothing more urgent about my wakeup call from either cat.
    Booboo comes right up to my face, sniffs at my eyelashes, then yells in my face. The yell is never loud, but morning wakeup is her loudest. She gets down for a minute, then jumps up and repeats, until I move.
    Shadoe attacks with her weight. She jumps onto the bed and her 12lb body makes the bed move, then she proceeds to sit on my hip or on my back or on my chest. A 12lb anything is kinda heavy, and she does not stay still, but rather moves around.

The first task of the day is uncover Booboo's dry food; she has flown directly to the dish as soon as my feet touched the floor. Shadoe now goes to her drying catnip plant and nibbles because she has learned that she will not be getting anything except a couple chicken chunks and the first test of the day.

I am allowed to get ready for work, and prepare her foods for the feeder. We do her amps, give her shot, then attempt to find some food for her that is acceptable to her finicky morning palate. Actually cats don't have many taste buds, 500 or so, compared to humans, 5000 or more. They use smell more, so I need to get some smelly stuff Shadoe like and sprinkle it on the food she does not like.

She looks pretty smug right about now; she knows I am about ready to leave for work and the feeder has been filled after she got her shot. That means lounging all day with no pokes. Shadoe loves weekdays.

I would like to increase her dose to 5u tonite because I think we have waited long enough on this dose 14cycles. Any thoughts on that statement?

2. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

Re: 1/6 Shadoe +11 389 amps 385

I get that too, if the food isn't warm enough, "I don't want it" and walk away
    lol
    any sign of possible hairballs coming? I hope u get some some suggestions thru the day about the stall in progress...weird, thou - cuz she hit those nice blues a few days ago. Have u changed food brands since?

Let's see what others say today... by the time u get home, post ur 'get home' number too.

3. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

Re: 1/6 Shadoe +11 389 amps 385 +1 398

Ugh, I waited for her +1 and she is up not down. Not alot; just more of her wandering through pinkland.

Hairballs: no. they are both shorthair and LOVE being brushed. Shadoe has never once hocked up anything, and she is not a vomiter either.

Food: oh sure! I have been feeding her healthier food and took away the dry!
    If anything, she is eating much lower carb food, and if she does not like a type, I just give her a diff one. There were a few days where she did not eat half her sections of food, but she did eat all the chicken cubes sprinkled on top of each section, so she was not starving. She has not had a single food item that is not on the food list and all foods are 9 carbs or less.

|I have also been cutting the labels off all cans, rinsing cans for recycle, and marking the backs of the labels of ones she loves or hates. I anything, she has had a much more varied and healthier diet, but not a bad diet. Maybe she is rebelling and wants some junk food back :YMSIGH:

I think she just needs more insulin.

4. Roni and Moonie

Roni and Moonie Well-Known Member

Hope Shadoe comes down for you today--Sometimes we need to raise the dose to get them down..Hope you get your dose crease!

5. Brenda and Morris

Brenda and Morris Member

Yeah, I hope you get an increase too...Shadoe seems really resistant to her insulin. confused_cat

As for the food, I'm running into the same thing here but I refuse to jump through THAT many hoops. I DID get some different flavors and a new brand yesterday but I usually don't try more than one at a feeding. So far Morris seems to like the Wellness turkey I got...and it's only 4 carbs...do you have that brand in Canada?? Plus it comes in a 5.5 oz. can...but it's pricey...I paid $1.49 a can whereas FF is only $.50. I haven't found Merrick brand yet but if I do I'm going to give it a try.

Have a great day Gayle and stay warm!!

6. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

Yes, there is wellness here but it's not on the list!
    I try to stick to that list closely, and I take it with me every time I go for food for Shadoe.
    What is the carb values for wellness?

I started this morn to put the food and brand on a food column of her ss, and see if the food changes make a difference in any way.

I do hold tight to the fact that she is still doing so very much better than since her dx, even if her numbers and organs refuse to go along for a ride into happy Green land.

7. CD and BigMac

CD and BigMac Well-Known Member

Gayle, here is the page with the Wellness cat foods listed, scroll down to find them. Maybe Shadoe would like some of these for a change. My kitties loved them for a while, then didn't want Wellness anymore. So I went back to FF. Every once it a while I'll give them some and they'll eat it. sigh... why are kitties so picky? And why do we become their slaves.... questions for the millennium. Haha!

Good luck with satisfying Shadoe's picky taste buds... all 500 of them. (Loved that info!)

http://binkyspage.tripod.com/CanFoodNew.html

8. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

Re: 1/6 Shadoe amps 385, pmps 380

What a surprise her pmps is, NOT. Just more pink and she seems quite content with it.

I think we need to kick start the numbers again with a dose increase.

9. Ronnie & Luna

Shadoe liking those pinks a bit too much..let's see what the rest of the evening brings and let's see what feedback we get on your plans.

10. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

Re: 1/6 Shadoe amps 385 pmps 380, +2 344 dose?

I don't see Shadoe budging out of these pinks.
    She is happy with them; I am not and think it's time to increase her dose to 5u.
    thoughts?

11. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

per the protocol, you have room for an increase to 5 units. Good luck with the dosecrease!

http://www.tillydiabetes.net/en_6_protocol2.htm

12. Ronnie & Luna

whoohoo!! And the weekend's coming up - just in time to maybe see some action! Go Shadoe Go Shadoe uh-huh! cat_pet_icon

13. Brenda and Morris

Brenda and Morris Member

Allrighty then, you're good to go! Good luck with the new dose! flip_cat

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.