4/19 Checkers amps/232..PMPS/237

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Barb & Checkers (GA), Apr 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barb & Checkers (GA)

Barb & Checkers (GA) Well-Known Member

Yesterday: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=12339

'Morning All.

Keep setting timer for 1 hour, then snack, 'causing nice slow drops.
    Thanks D, for kitchen timer idea, on someone else's condo. :D
    That's it..nothing interesting here. :smile:

Good Monday, Everyone :smile:

2. PeterDevonMocha

PeterDevonMocha Well-Known Member

Re: 4/19 Checkers amps/232..+1.5/196..+2/155

good looking numbers today checkers ... I like the +2, I think you could do good things today so keep up the great work, have a great day barb!

3. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

Going in the right direction here too...good Checkers! :thumbup

4. Barb & Checkers (GA)

Got my feeder today. I set a timer for one minute, and when it rang, manually opened the feeder, so Checkers could get the tuna. It took doing that twice, for him to go running to the feeder, when he heard the timer go off. How quicly they learn, when good food is involved. :D
    I wanted to show him at the feeder, but don't know how to link to photo. Oh well :smile:

Gees, had a 116@+3.....and now we're going up already to 136+5.5
    I hardly think the tuna treats in the last half hour would have done that.....would it?

5. Ele & Blackie (GA)

Ele & Blackie (GA) Well-Known Member

Checkers gave you some nice blue surfing. Hopefully he'll hang there and continue to surf. What kind of auto feeder did you get? We have the Petsafe 5 compartment.

6. Barb & Checkers (GA)

Ele, I got the CatMate20... I'm waiting for it to open in another 10 minutes. Dying to see if Checks goes to look.

7. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Great that you got your "Automat", Barb! How do you like the CatMate20? I have the Petsafe 5-compartment, but I'm having trouble getting it to turn so that the compartments line up with the opening in the lid. Once I can get it in sync, it works fine. Anyway, I need to get a second feeder for the summer and would like to know how you like the CatMate20.
    Checkers will be expecting lots of tuna treats from now on! You can bet on it!!

Ella

8. Barb & Checkers (GA)

So far, I like it. I set the kitchen timer to go off a few minutes after the feeder opens, so when he gets to it, it will be open. So far, it worked. He associates the dinging timer with the food.
    It can't be set precisely, you have to line up notches to the line of the hour you want and its tiny to see.
    But, hey, I line up fat .5 on the syringe....a feeder's a piece of cake. :D
    It's fun to see him running to see what's in the feeder. :D
    I did it tonite with dinner, not tuna, and he ate it. The dishes are rounded in front, but square in back, so some food does get stuck in the back corners. TMI? :lol:

9. Michelle & Scrabble (GA)

Michelle & Scrabble (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Barb and Checkers! pretty consistent numbers today!!! Let me know how the feeder works out, I am going to get one but not sure which one! Have a great night!!

10. PeterDevonMocha

PeterDevonMocha Well-Known Member

not bad numbers today checkers ... pretty close to blue at your night time number .. maybe you will show off some action tonight??

11. Barb & Checkers (GA)

Guess I'll be waiting up. *sigh*...his nadir was only 116 @+3 today. I think I may have shortchanged him this AM.
    Hard to get that f.5, consistent, for the old bleary morning eyes.

12. Ann & Tess GA

Ann & Tess GA Well-Known Member

Hi Barb, Checkers is looking good.

We just got our feeder too. I got the PetSafe. You can program it for at least 10 feedings, so no resetting when you refill. Tess was cautious at first, but once she found the treats in the compartment, she checks every time she goes by the magic treat machine. Today I put her food bowl in the opening and she had no problem eating there. I need to find or make something that fits better though.

The timer is a great idea. Tess goes to it when she sees it, but doesn't come running like Checkers. She may not hear it when she is napping.

13. Barb & Checkers (GA)

Hehe, tonite Checkers was in a hurry to get it open, 'cause he smelled the tuna inside. He kept batting at it, until it opened. It was ready to open, but he thinks he did it, so now he might just keep at it, and get it open on his own.
    Mostly I think, he will also be sleeping and not hear the timer go off....assuming I remember to set it. The feeder itlself opens noiselessly.

His numers didn't go down much today. Boy, I can't wait for him to be on a definate half unit. It'll be so much easier to be accurate, and consistant. (ent?) :D

14. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

I never thought to set a timer. Gabby seems to have figured out when the feeder opens without a problem.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.