4/19 Max ambg 75, Bazooka Day 1

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Mindy & Max, Apr 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mindy & Max

Mindy & Max Member

Yesterday: http://felinediabetes.com/FDMB/viewtopi ... =9&t=12318

A HUGE thank you to Roni for posting for me this weekend!

Yesterday was 7 days at a fat 0 dose...so we are officially chewing today! Woohoo! :mrgreen: And Max seems to be doing a pretty good job of it, despite it being a pretty crappy weekend at home. We officially stopped his shots after yesterday's am shot because we were gone for the evening. Doesn't seem to have affected him much at all--he's been holding steady in the 70s/80s. :mrgreen:

And the weekend was crappy because we had 3 hairballs this weekend, one from Max involving his breffis coming back out with it on two of my upholstered dining room chairs. Then, just as the babysitter arrived Saturday night after dinner for the kids and Max's shot, the dog had diarrhea in the dining room. I am sooooooo glad we coughed up the extra cash for laminate flooring in the vast majority of this house when we built it. Between cat and dog messes, we would have replaced carpet about 3 times now--and the house is not even 4 years old yet. The dog stayed in the garage while we were gone, and seemed alright when we got home so we stupidly let him sleep in the house. BIG mistake--I woke up to diarrhea all over the living and dining rooms, and the kitchen--and I found it by stepping in it when I went to feed DS at 5:45am. My dog can't stay in one spot to poop, he has to walk while he does it. I really don't enjoy mopping my entire house at 6 in the morning! And now the poor dog has been living in the garage since and DH is trying to get him in to the vet today. He keeps looking at us like "why are you making me stay out here where it's cold?!?" :-|

ETA: An interesting side note--the kitties are learning to free-feed on the canned food now that Max's numbers are staying relatively flat. Pretty cool to see most of breffis still in the bowl when I left this morning--means they'll be having snacks until noon most likely. We don't have an automatic feeder, so it's just been two big meals a day, but they're not wolfing it down like they used to. Truman is a natural grazer, but had to learn to eat a lot and quick because of Max, who learned it from Potter (GA) because the poor baby was malnourished and underfed when I got him and he'd wolf down anything he could get his mouth on. :D Oh, and last night, I put the food out before I tested Max, and he wouldn't eat until after I'd tested him--such a good boy!

2. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

Wow...what a yucky beginning to a Monday morning....so sorry :sad: BUT, max is looking great!!
    Happy Day 1 and nice AMBGs!!! Hope the rest of your day is better than that start! :YMHUG:

3. Mindy & Max

Mindy & Max Member

Thanks Pat! Actually the sh*tty start was yesterday, and the day ended up not being too awful. We decided since we were all up so early that we would go out to breffis, and it was very good. Had a family thingy last night which was enjoyable--got to see the brother in law who had a double lung transplant a few months back for the first time since. He's doing very well. Had a bad night tho cuz the baby wouldn't sleep...I really wish I wasn't working today! I feel like I haven't slept in a week!

4. Marvie and Tugger

Marvie and Tugger Well-Known Member

What a way to start your week! :YMHUG: Poor puppy, that's awful! Boomer has had incidents like that. No fun at all. Rice and pumpkin didn't help at all huh?

Now Max on the other hand is doing BEAUTIFULLY! :RAHCAT Go Max go! flip_cat We'll be waiting anxiously for your party flip_cat

5. Mindy & Max

Mindy & Max Member

Marvie, we've been feeding the dog mostly rice with only a little canned food or cooked venison since Saturday night (he was midway through dinner when it started)...and sneaking some pepto in there too, but to no avail. It's not watery anymore, but it's far from solid. And lucky DH now has to try to bring in a sample at the vet this afternoon after school. :lol: He nearly threw up yesterday morning when we started cleaning, so it should be an interesting tale when he gets back from the vet. I just hope the dog is okay--he's acting normal, just has the liquipoo problem.

6. Marvie and Tugger

Poor pup. Poor hubby! That's gonna suck. Got any clothes pins?? :mrgreen:

Though the touching (even through a bag when I have to pick up on walks) is just about as gag inducing as the smell. *blech* Boomer pulled a softsoft one on our walk yesterday, probably reacting to the canned food he had for breffis. I gave him some Before Grain 96% Buffalo, which he's never had. He also gets the runs when he's stressed or nervous. Thank goodness there are fewer new scary things in his life now. When we got him everything was new and scary and resulted in a mess. We spent the first few months dealing with soft or runny Great Dane poo. I was really wishing I had a maid :lol:

Sending lots of solid poop vines to your drooler and lots of non-pukus vines to your hubby this afternoon!

7. Lisa and Do Lou (GA)

Lisa and Do Lou (GA) Well-Known Member

Happy Day 1 Max :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

8. Jill & Alex (GA)

Jill & Alex (GA) Senior Member Moderator

what a fantastic number to start an OTJ trial on!
    gooooooooooo max!!!

9. Roni and Moonie

Roni and Moonie Well-Known Member

Happy CHEW GUM Day 1~~! Sorry for your lousy weekend, but hopefully this week will be better!

10. Michelle & Scrabble (GA)

Michelle & Scrabble (GA) Well-Known Member

Happy Bazooka day! I used to love getting the comics in those! Sucks about your poor doggie, hope he will be ok!!! How exciting you have started chewing! Hope your week gets better with your furbabies!!!

11. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Wasn't Randi posting for you this weekend?

12. Mindy & Max

Mindy & Max Member

Thanks everyone! And yes, Sienne, Randi was posting for me. :D

13. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Happy Day 1 to Max! Lovely morning you guys had!!!! Your poor drooler is probably just stressed out from his weekend. Have you considered feeding him a little cheese? Hope the vet visit isn't too stressful. Hang in there!

Ella

14. Mindy & Max

Mindy & Max Member

Thanks Ella! Actually, for the first several doses of pepto, all we had were the chewables which he wouldn't eat, so they got wrapped up in cheese. I thought giving him too much cheese, tho, would upset his stomach more, so I went and got some of the pepto capsuls and he's eating those mixed with his food just fine. He's usually pretty good at the vet--I actually think being stuck in the garage is more stressful for him. He's an Australian Shepherd/Collie mix and he's very attached to his people (as are we to him). He's a house dog through and through, and it's hard for all of us to keep him outside. His fur is so long that he had to have a bath yesterday--also not very fun for him. The groomer does a much better job than we do, so once he's all better we'll take him in there, but until then DH has to keep wiping his butt...and if he (the dog) knew I just told the world that, he'd probably hang his head for days. :lol:

15. Marvie and Tugger

Can't be worse than me posting a picture of Tugger's butt for the world to see :lol: :lol: :lol:

16. Mindy & Max

Mindy & Max Member

:lol: :lol: :lol: Marvie, yes, I did think about you posting a pic of Tugger's tush! Guinness is very sensitive about his looks tho--the first summer we had him (we adopted him full grown, but I bet he was an adorable puppy!) we shaved him. He's got that heavy double coat that Collies have and we thought he was too hot. Well, shaved doesn't suit him at all--he looks downright scrawny without his fur despite being in the neighborhood of 90lbs, and he hung his head for 3 or 4 days after we did it. We haven't done it to him since--I think it took almost a year before his coat was properly full again! I actually thought about buying him some pjs that winter because he was too cold...but then I realized he'd hate more for that even more than the shaving! ;-)

17. CD and BigMac

CD and BigMac Well-Known Member

What a lovely number for day 1.

And I'm trying desperately to forget what I just read about doggy diarrhea, ewwww.

18. Lydia--(Rosie & Basil) GA

Lydia--(Rosie & Basil) GA Well-Known Member

Congratulations on beginning your trial. May it go smoothly.

19. Deb & Spot

Deb & Spot Well-Known Member

Congrats on you Gum day 1, Max!

Sorry to hear drooler has the runnypoos. I see you fed rice...when mine had those problems my vet suggested rice and boiled ground beef for all meals...just a cup full, no more. Hope the vet can find what is wrong with your poor baby.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.