4/18 Foster Cat Kitty PMPS 323

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by missyandlittlegray, Apr 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. missyandlittlegray

missyandlittlegray Member

Yesterday's condo: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=12275

I gave her 0.25 units of Lev last night. Her PMPS was 336. At +2 she was down to 273. Her AMPS this morning was 55! I didn't give her any insulin because I had to leave and couldn't stall, maybe for hours. All I could think about was the day she spent in the 20s.

I wasn't going to take her to the adoption show because she's really not adoptable right now with such wonky numbers. But I was afraid to leave her, so I packed up the Kitty, HC Fancy Feast, Karo, meter, etc. and went off to try to adopt out some cats. No adoptions. :(

Kitty's eating now, but she didn't eat all day. At the show, I rubbed some HC gravy on her gums a couple of times. Although we had her meter, I decided to not test her because her growling would have terrified all the customers in the store and made people think I was torturing an innocent cat.

She's seemed depressed all day and is acting like she's not feeling well.

I don't know what to think about her numbers. New dose/new insulin wonkiness? She'll get her evening shot about an hour from now, at 10 pm. Does 0.25 still sound like a good dose?

2. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

Re: 4/18 Foster Cat Kitty And A Confusing Day

hmmm, no, 0.25 doesn't seem like a good dose either. She sure seems to need something, so the next dose would be 0.1. If her rebound is crazy high then it might be ok to shoot 0.25 tonight, but post first. I guess you have a micro-dose kitty! Boy, how her body must have been fighting that 5 unit dose. :sad:

I don't think Jill is around right now, but I'll send her a note to stop in here when she gets back. It might be after PMPS, though.

3. Erica & Moses

Erica & Moses Member

Re: 4/18 Foster Cat Kitty And A Confusing Day

You are one incredible bean to do so much for your foster kitty. cat_pet_icon I am so impressed!

I don't know what to say or how to help you. I hope Ms. Foster Kitty feels better and perks up, she's had a rough past week. She's so fortunate to have you!

:mrgreen:

4. Jill & Alex (GA)

Jill & Alex (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Re: 4/18 Foster Cat Kitty PMPS 323 Dosing Advice, Please

hi missy. that 55 this morning must have been a big surprise!
    try 0.1 unit and let's go from there...

5. missyandlittlegray

missyandlittlegray Member

I tested her twice because I thought the 55 couldn't possibly be right. She still hasn't eaten much. I'll give her 0.1.

Thanks, Jill.

6. D and Noisy

D and Noisy Well-Known Member

Think we have a micro-dose kitty.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.