4/17 Logan AMPS 362, +3 351, +6 316

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Kelly & Logan, Apr 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kelly & Logan

Kelly & Logan Well-Known Member

Yesterday's Condo:
    viewtopic.php?f=9&t=12170

Yesterday's Recap:
    AMPS 350
    +6 366
    PMPS 363

Not seeing a whole lot of movement these days. Today was cycle #3 at 7.5 units. Logan is eating, but he's very fussy - having to put chicken dust and dry core on top of the wet. Not sure what's going on but hoping he'll continue to eat well today so I don't have to give him the stimulant. On Thursday, he ate 7 1/4 cans of FF! :shock: Yesterday, he ate (with coaxing) 5 1/4 cans. I think he'll eat enough today since I'm home to feed him every few hours.

Happy Caturday!

2. paige

paige Well-Known Member

Re: 4/17 Logan AMPS 362, +6 351

Oh Logan......please eat for your momma. She worries so much when your appetite slows down. Kelly - I hope you have a wonderful weekend!!

3. carolynandlatte

carolynandlatte Well-Known Member

OMG! 7 1/4 cans of food?!?!?! :shock: It would take latte two weeks to eat that much! :lol: Holy Cow!!!

Have you come up with an approx number of cans he needs to maintain his weight? A scale can be super helpful in knowing how much he may need. Maybe you need to give him MORE food (teeheehee). But seriously, maybe you will see that you dont have to coax him to eat as much. I found that true with latte. The scale has been a huge life saver for my head. And maybe you already have it well under control (which is probably the case)! :mrgreen:

I read your condo yesterday. Im very sorry things are so tough in general. I do hope everything will get sorted out for the best. This is just really hard. I have given up climbing (used to do it 4+ times/week, travel a lot), lost contact with many friends, and rarely do anything but work, sleep, and sit at home. Its extremely challenging when you are caring for a very ill 'fur baby'. But thats what they are....our babies. My life will continue on when Latte is no longer here. Anything I am losing now, will come back if it was meant to be. I dont know if its a healthy or unhealthy perspective. But its the way I rationalize the time and effort I put into her. This is HER time and she deserves for it to be as good as possible.

I certainly hope you and DH2B are able to work through things.

((((((((kelly))))))))))))

4. Kelly & Logan

Kelly & Logan Well-Known Member

Thanks, Carolyn. It is a big strain, but Logan is my top priority right now. I'm all he has and I will do everything I can to take care of him and give him a good life. He needs to eat about 4 cans of FF (assuming the can is about 90 cal) to maintain his weight - he's a big boy! He needs to gain about a pound - his back end looks very poor. If only he could shift some of his upper body weight down there!

5. Randi & Max (GA)

Randi & Max (GA) Well-Known Member

Hugs to you Kelly
    I agree with what Carolyn said but we all make choices in our lives.
    I know you will do what you need to for Logan and I just hope everything else will fall
    into place.
    Many people do not view our furbabies as we do.
    They are our children and we care for them no differently then we would for a sick child.
    Sending even more strength than you already have to ease the path that you are on.

6. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

hang in there, Kelly, you're doing a great job with Logan.

I hope you had an ok day today. Get out and do something fun, even if it's just for a few hours. It's amazing how much difference just being outside for a couple of hours can make, especially in the Spring.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.