4/6 Oliver amps 371 pmps 378 +3~455

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Blue, Apr 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

Yesterday’s Condo for Oliver

Yesterday's recap:
    380 - amps (3uL)
    374 - +11
    373 - pmps (3.5uL)
    365 - +2
    331 - +4
    371 - today's amps (3.5uL)
    373 - +11
    378 - pmps (3.5uL)

Oliver seems to be doing OK. He's eating well and doing his little snorty purr when patted. I wish his numbers would come down.

2. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

Re: 4/6 Oliver amps 371 pmps 378

He ends almost where he began....gald he is doing well otherwise...

3. Randi & Max (GA)

Randi & Max (GA) Well-Known Member

Oh Oliver
    Happy to hear you are purry and happy but I sure wish
    these numbers would come down.
    Where did those blues go when you just adopted him??

4. Ann & Tess GA

Ann & Tess GA Well-Known Member

Please Ollie, come down so we can play. Pink is not your color! --- Tess

5. Dawn & Nova

Dawn & Nova Well-Known Member

Ugh Oliver.. what's up buddy.. I check on this guy every day. I want him to break through his resistance so bad, he's had a rough life and I'm a huge sucker for cats like him.. something about the unwanted kitties makes me want them 1000x more..

Anyways.. I stare at his SS trying to make some sense.. he's had these glimmer of hopes at all sorts of random doses.. if it drives me 10% as nuts as it drives you then I just feel awful :(.. I wanted to toss out the idea of a random experiment just to see what Gayle and others think.

On April 1st you gave him 0.25 of R.. and aside from the glimmers.. that's one of the bigger drops (in 2 hours) that he's seen.. from 0 to +2 when he normally stays around the same or goes up a bit.. I'm wondering about a little R experiment since you have experience shooting it and have it around.. keep doing his regular stuff but somewhere mid cycle give him a bit of R and test him at +1 and +2 (from that).. see if that April 1st drop is a random fluke?

I dunno.. Having seen a human that reacted horribly to Lev and was great on Lantus even though they are "supposed" to be the same.. he was a wreck on one (up and down and all over the place, it was awful).. and calls the other a new lease on life.. its always in the back of my mind to rule out the delivery method (with either insulin) as part of the problem.. I do NOT expect it to part of the problem.. I think my buddy is a pretty rare case.. but I also see value in the knowledge gained in knowing it isn't..

Just like starting over at 1U.. which I have got the impression you aren't too pleased with those (me included) who suggested it.. if you remember I said something along the lines of, maybe you'll end up back at 3U, but at least you'll know what the numbers mean. You were unsure about what he was doing, and even though you post these great WCRs, I see bits of sadness in them and it breaks my heart.

He's very lucky to have you.. with everything you've got going on to take him in to your home and heart even though he's got some struggles.. I know you want to do the very best possible with Oliver.. and I just want you to have the reassurance that you are on the best path and doing the best stuff..

6. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Oliver -

High places like the top of a cat tree, bookcases, or the refrigerator are fine. High places like that red number -- not so much. Please get down!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.