4/06 Morris AMPS 322; +9 391; PMPS 380; +1.5 391

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Gwen and Morris, Apr 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gwen and Morris

Gwen and Morris Member

yesterday: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=11161

Yup, definately don't think this dose is working out for us after all. Considering I have to work all day Tues-Fri this week, when do you think would be the best timing for the next dosecrease? I will be able to do more spot checks on Sat & Sun this weekend. I could do it Thurs evening, then he will have had dose #4 of the higher dose Sat AM & I can do spot checks throughout Sat. Or, should I wait until Fri to do it? Any thoughts???

WCR: Morris was crying for me to hurry up in the washroom this morning & come feed him already! Other than that, all P's seem to be working just fine.

2. Gwen and Morris

Gwen and Morris Member

Re: 4/06 Morris AMPS 322; +9 391 -dosecrease time again?

This dose is definately not working any more! Any thoughts of when I should do the next dosecrease?

3. Helene & Tizon

Helene & Tizon Well-Known Member

Hi Gwen in BC!
    The protocol says:

Increasing the dose...
    --- Hold the dose for 3 - 5 days (6 - 10 cycles) if nadirs are less than 200 before increasing the dose.

Your cycle this AM was c12 of 2.5U and on this dose, it appears as though the lowest Morris has been is bloo (although maybe, one can hope a touch of green on April 1.. wishful, but maybe), so technically, I think Morris is due for a 0.25U increase.

As for WHEN... well, it's typically not immediate. I used to dosecrease on Thursday PM to catch action on Saturday.... but it was a lot to ask of a cat.... you know, to follow instructions! :lol: My point is, give yourself a day or even 2... ECID.

Please don't take my word for it re dose... wait until someone else chimes in.

Best of luck!

4. carolynandlatte

carolynandlatte Well-Known Member

Hi Gwen,
    Other than the silly BG numbers it sounds like Morris is really doing well. he is so lucky to have all of your dedication and love!

5. Gwen and Morris

Gwen and Morris Member

Re: 4/06 Morris AMPS 322; +9 391; PMPS 380 -dosecrease tomorrow

I think I will give him the next dosecrease tomorrow evening. That way, he will be having dose #5 of the higher dose on Sat morning.....his shed should be almost full by then & will hopefully show me better numbers then! I can also do several spot checks on him on Sunday as well, before returning to work on Monday.

Exactly! If it wasn't for these darn ugly numbers, I would say that Morris looks & acts extremely healthy these days. I still want to get him in to the vet to have his weight checked 1 of these days.....I am taking next Fri (16th) off work, so I might be able to swing by the clinic then & just have him popped onto the scale.

ECID.....so true!!! I have found that Morris seems to take a little longer for the dose to 'settle' in & show me some results on his ss......because of this, I think I will give the dosecrease tomorrow night in hopes of catching some good numbers in spot checks this weekend!!!

6. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Re: 4/06 Morris AMPS 322; +9 391; PMPS 380 -dosecrease tomorrow

I agree with Helene on all counts. I think 0.25 makes sense given the blues.The when is entirely up to you and what works for you and Morris.

7. Gwen and Morris

Gwen and Morris Member

Well, he has certainly been consistant today! LOL! Just wish it was in a nicer color!!! ohmygod_smile

Yes, I was thinking just another 0.25 up. I think I will do it tomorrow (Wed) evening.....that way, he will get dose #5 Sat morning & hopefully show me some nicer colors on his ss on Sat & Sun when I can do more spot checks in the middle of the cycle.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.