4/6 Max amps 98--need dose advice, vet input

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Mindy & Max, Apr 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mindy & Max

Mindy & Max Member

Yesterday: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=11133

All is well in Max's world. He and Truman had a couple good rounds of kitty olympics last night, and Max and I had a good snuggle on the couch.

Today is day 8 on this dose. :D I'm not sure why he popped up to 120 at pmps+1 last night, but he did. I almost re-tested because it was odd he'd jump 50 points in an hour. I didn't do it tho because it looks like he either scratched himself or Truman got him in the space between his eye and ear, and it was fresh. He was irritated by the poke, so I put some neosporin on the scratch and left him alone. He came down just fine as he was only at 61 at +3.5. Wondering now when we can try a dosecrease... Will be calling the vet today to check in and see what she says.

2. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

Re: 4/6 Max amps 98

Kitty Olympics... :lol: Hope Max's booboo heals quickly...

3. Mindy & Max

Mindy & Max Member

Re: 4/6 Max amps 98

:lol: Yes, we used to have the Kitty Olympics quite frequently--both boys would end up racing all over the house jumping and flying through the air. It's been a long time since BOTH of them were doing it. Truman still hasn't lost his kitten-ish ways, but Max turned into an old fuddy duddy years ago. I think most of that happened for him right around when Potter got sick and passed, and Max put on a few extra pounds that we couldn't shake until the diabetes (not that it was a GOOD way to lose the weight...but now I have to start watching the calories I think because he's putting some of it back on!).

And his booboo did look better this morning. :D

4. Mindy & Max

Mindy & Max Member

Alright, so I emailed the link for Max's spreadsheet (really, whomever figured out how to set that up is a genius!) to the vet as she's not working her normal days this week. Here's what she said:

Clearly this other vet doesn't follow the same dosing protocol as the FDMB. I agree that we shouldn't just drop off from .5u to nothing...but when do I reduce him to .25?

5. Jill & Alex (GA)

Jill & Alex (GA) Senior Member Moderator

hmmm... max has been on 0.5u for 9 consecutive cycles. i'm not sure what that 120 was all about last night. if max were mine, i would keep him at 0.5u for another couple of days before reducing the dose to 0.25 unit... unless he drops below 50 before then.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.