4/6 Six's PMPS 91 +2.5 81

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Amy and Six, Apr 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amy and Six

Amy and Six Well-Known Member

Morning LL!

WCR: We had our first thunderstorms of the season loaded with lightening last night. I had a bunch of cats hiding under my bed or in the closet (Six being one of them). With the looks of last night's +6(88)and this morning's AMPS, I'd say we should have more thunderstorms! Most of the Ps were present this morning. He's a happy kitty after breakfast.

yesterday's condo
    viewtopic.php?f=9&t=11118&p=110206#p110206

2. Michelle & Scrabble (GA)

Michelle & Scrabble (GA) Well-Known Member

Re: 4/6 Six's AMPS 86

Poor kitties!!! Scrabble doesn't mind thunderstorms too much although we very rarely get them here but my female cat Sabrina runs for the hills but she is scared of her own shadow! At least the stress didn't drive up his amps!!! Have a good day!

3. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

My Shadow is scared of his own shadow....in thunderstorms that is! He runs for the closet and just hates them while his sister is not bothered at all! And we do have violent thunderstorms here in Florida so it's disturbing....poor babies. there is no consoling them during the storm either....
    But Six is looking GOOD!!! Love those AMPS! :thumbup

4. Nicole & Baby

Nicole & Baby Well-Known Member

Good morning, Amy & Six!! Six is looking sweet :thumbup
    Spring time is here & thunderstorms too.. geez.. I love them.. but Sadi & Baby are sooooooo frightened.. paralyzed with fear. I wish I knew what scares them soo much!
    Hope your furbabies surf through the storm & that you all have a great day!!

5. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Six! Tell me your secret for getting good numbers, man!!

Stu

P.S. Thunderstorms keep you on your toes!

6. carolynandlatte

carolynandlatte Well-Known Member

Good Morning Amy!
    Latte and I would like to thank you for being at our side yesterday. It was very much appreciated, just to know someone was paying attention!

Kitties sure dont like those storms do they? latte has been through enough, I dont think she cares anymore. Last year there was a tornado about 1/2 mile from my house, and I had left all the windows open. What a mess I came home to. But you know what? There was Latte, sleeping on her throne, not a clue as to why the curtains or other things fell down around her! :lol:

Well, I hope they can get nice and snuggly...feeling safe!

Thanks again Amy!

7. Amy and Pedro

Amy and Pedro Member

Hey there Six - Pedro says "looking good" this morning. By the way, Pedro's civvie buddy is the same beautiful color as you.

8. Ann & Tess GA

Ann & Tess GA Well-Known Member

Tess hates anything loud. Thank goodness we get so few thunder storms our here, although I miss them.

9. Amy and Six

Amy and Six Well-Known Member

Re: 4/6 Six's PMPS 91

It's still gorgeous weather here today. 80 degrees! Wow. It's coming to an end tomorrow evening and with it a possibility of more storms. I'm going to warn the kitties tonight so they can get mentally prepared. :eek:

So...I think Six's numbers were odd today and I'm looking for some feedback. Since we've gone down .25 three days ago I've been closely watching his numbers. The decrease doesn't seem to be a problem and then he threw some strange numbers numbers today and I'm curious if anyone else would say...the numbers aren't "really" a problem, but he's usually so steady it's just taken me by surprise.

Last night
    PMPS 112
    +6 88
    AMPS 86
    +3 99 (this is his usual nadir, but not today)
    +6 126
    PMPS 91

I did feed a snack at +8.75 today to see if it had any impact, though I'm not sure I can do this when I go back to work (but if it helps lower his PMPS I'll give it a shot). He was outside with me most of the day and it was a warm day, but he didn't want to go in so I assume he was fine. Most of the his was spent laying on the deck - sometimes in the sun/sometimes in the shade.

When I look at the +6 it makes me wonder if it was a glitch with the meter, but he was rising at +9 today. Thoughts? Could a snack around +9 really lower his bg 35 points?

Should I be looking for his numbers at a different time now?

Or should I just be quiet and enjoy the ride cause my boy isn't into drama lately? :lol:

10. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

it could be that the snack brought his number down that much. Or it could be that Six is revving up to ask for a dose reduction - watch tonight's cycle and see what happens.

11. Nina and KB

Nina and KB Well-Known Member

I'm sorry I can't help with interpreting his numbers, but Six is really doing great!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.