4/4 Eeyore AMPS=446 +3.5=352 +6.5=292 +10=166 PMPS=252

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Michele and Esse, Apr 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michele and Esse

Michele and Esse Well-Known Member

Daily Digest
    AMPS=446. FF Classic Chicken for breakfast. Shot 2U
    +3.5=352
    +6.5=292
    +10=166. *late mini meal...
    PMPS=252. Wellness Beef and Chicken out for dinner. Shot 2U
    Yesterday's condo: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=10971

Morning! Eeyore is curled up in the new cat tree I put together (another story in inself), happy boy him...I noticed yesterday that his chest, which is light tan/cream/ivory colored, is actually light ivory. He's been really into grooming himself lately - moreso than I've seen. Nothing bad - not like he's itching and pulling out his hair; more like he's feeling good enough to take good care of himself. YAY!

I'm going to continue the mini-meal experiment today, and see how that goes. If I can repeat the late day low numbers, then tomorrow after school I will buy a timed feeder. I've put it off because I've been able to get everyone fed with b/l/d/overnight and Esse's numbers have been good, but if Eeyore needs it, I'll find a way to make it work with the herd.

Other than that, it's another day, same snuggly kitties!

Happy Easter, everyone!!

Best-
    Michele

2. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Re: 4/4 Eeyore AMPS=446

Looks like Eeyore took a bounce into the reds after those blues yesterday. You could have raised his dose this AM. It may be something to consider for the PM shot.

3. Amy and Six

Amy and Six Well-Known Member

Will be watching the experiment today!

4. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

I hope the bounce will be a quick one. Eeyore is doing very well!

5. Michele and Esse

Sienne, I'm going to hold for now. Here's why. If you look at his ss, a lot (most) of his AM numbers are red. He is seeing green and blue on this dose. And I'm experimenting with food (mini meals). So, for the next few days, I'm just going to hold here...the high AM numbers do bother me, as I've said in the past few days, but...hopefully, the mini-meals will help, as will LTS.

He's dropped to 364 at 3.5, which is mirroring yesterday's "slow" drop...I'd rather see a slow, continuing drop rather than a fast one, as it seems to allow him to stay blue longer.

Libby, I think these are less "bounces" than something else. What else, I'm not sure...but like I said, since he's seeing blue/green, I just can't call these bounces unless he just clears them terribly fast (Esse's bounces are longer...the only thing I have to compare with). This is why I was considering doing a split dose...but decided to try the experiment with food first. If that doesn't work, I am going to consider doing something like a split dose...we'll see.

Best-
    Michele

6. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

Eeyore's spreadsheet is really typical of a cat at this stage (actually it's better than most, because he's clearing his rebounds pretty fast). It's just liver training school, he's bouncing off the greens (he probably had green again last night). Just keep showing him the green numbers over and over again, until his liver learns to react less. The bounces get lower and have less duration as time goes on, and he is already working on the less duration part. The lower part, not yet, but he'll get there. I'm really happy with where he is right now!

7. Lisa and Do Lou (GA)

Lisa and Do Lou (GA) Well-Known Member

Just want to wish you a Happy Easter :mrgreen:

8. Michele and Esse

Lib, I'm very happy with his response, too...it's amazing; three weeks in, and here we are at blues/greens. Yes, reds too, but still...we're getting blue/greens, and he is clearing the high numbers quickly. I just realized I'd forgotten to put in his +2 and +4 last night, so yeah, I'm sure he was green last night too.

He will get to the lower highs, I'm sure...I'm pretty pleased with his response so far. The longer he stays blue/green, the better his healing; the better his healing, the lower the bounces. It will take some time, but it's only been three weeks, and look where we are already!

Best-
    Michele

9. Michele and Esse

Thank you! You too!!

Best-
    Michele

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.