4/1 Kitty AMPS 104

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Kathy and Kitty, Apr 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kathy and Kitty

Kathy and Kitty Well-Known Member

Yesterday: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=10732

Yesterday, Paula wrote:

I think the FF Tender Beef Feast is driving Kitty's numbers up. Maybe I'm deluding myself, and he just can't handle a dose of .35, where he was green at .5. But I'm going to track his food carefully.

BTW, I am feeding only old-label FF, but I am positive that FF changed the formula before they changed the label. I can see it clearly -- the original FF had some gravy. There's a batch of old-label but more recent cans that have the newer, "pate" consistency.

Going today to buy Wellness and Evo.

2. Hillary & Maui (GA)

Hillary & Maui (GA) Well-Known Member

There have been several posts on health about the ff changes and how it's affecting their cats. So, yes, I think there may be something to your concern about the new FF. Which means, it may be time to use up your old ff labels, stop feeding the new FF and find something else to use.

Glad the bg levels chart made you sing. I think when we get caught up in the bg's and numbers game, we focus too much on must stay below 100 and forget to understand what is considered normal level for a cat.

3. PeterDevonMocha

PeterDevonMocha Well-Known Member

pretty number ... oh so very pretty ....

4. Jill & Alex (GA)

Jill & Alex (GA) Senior Member Moderator

don't be concerned about amps numbers that are 102, 103, or 104, k?
    when you get to this point in the dance, kitty has a pancreas which is working (maybe not at 100%, but it's working). is dh up at PM+9?... don't know how early he gets up. i'd be willing to bet a snack at PM+9 will bring that amps number down. :D

5. Kathy and Kitty

K! :D Thanks, Jill.

Kitty usually gets a PM + 10.5 snack of 1/4 can. :roll: Too close to test time, I know -- but that's pretty much how it's always been.

The week that Kitty went up to 127 -- :shock: -- DH was out of town, so no snack. I would say this is hard evidence for your rule: No snack leads to higher numbers!

6. Kathy and Kitty

Re: 4/1 Kitty PMPS 85, after barfus

Fed Wellness this afternoon, and two hours later... big barf. Ruth & Beethoven pointed out that Wellness is higher fat... maybe that's it?

Had to give him FF Tender Beef for dinner, because I wanted him to eat. Tonight, I'll do a controlled experiment: continue the Tender Beef, but try an earlier snack in the morning before AMPS. Scientist at work!! :mrgreen:

7. CD and BigMac

CD and BigMac Well-Known Member

Cool, I like science experiments. I can just picture Kitty asking... where's the beef?
    Good luck and we will wait for the official results of this tightly controlled experiment. :lol:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.