4/1 Boomer AM - 94, PM - 107, +3 - 72

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Traci and Boomer, Apr 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Traci and Boomer

Traci and Boomer Well-Known Member

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=10714

:coffee: :coffee: :coffee:

So the little stinker woke me up in the middle of the night at PM +8 for something - I can barely remember, but I thought - MAYBE this will be my 49! So I got up and tested him and he was 110 or something! At least he was lower in the AM.

His peeing problem seems to have resolved. I took off the cover of his LB and his aim had improved. Thank God. No more ginormous pee puddles for me to clean. The cover is very pretty and cost me a fortune - so I'll keep it for company and take it off again when it's just me and him. Thanks Nicole and Baby for the tip about removing the cover.

2. Deb & Spot

Deb & Spot Well-Known Member

Re: 4/1 Boomer AM - 94

Very nice amps for boomer! Glad taking the cover off of the LB helped. My Ralph is a high pee-er and I finally went out and bought a rubbermaid box to use. It may not be pretty, but I haven't had any piddle problems since I pulled up the carpet and refinished the floor...except one day last week, my fault tho, didn't clean box out and he was standing on the sides.

3. Ann & Tess GA

Ann & Tess GA Well-Known Member

Great AMPS for Boomer. Looks like soooooooooon!

4. Traci and Boomer

Hi Ann-

I looked at your SS and I think if Tess is ready then Boomer should be soon. Good luck. We're pulling for you!!!!

I love the picture of Tess you have as your avitar!

5. CD and BigMac

CD and BigMac Well-Known Member

Very nice today. Get him a few more cycles away from blues like the 165 preshot and get him solid in greens and low blues... Soooo close to trial here.

Keep going Boomer, we like parties to celebrate, ok? Tell Mr. Pancreas to step it up a little, that one drop is barely anything and Mr. P can do it all by himself.

And save that LB cover for company, hahaha!

6. Dawn & Nova

Dawn & Nova Well-Known Member

Look at Boomer go! So glad that the LB thing is sorted out.. I think Traci was about to start cutting letters off your name!! ;)

7. PeterDevonMocha

PeterDevonMocha Well-Known Member

what an awesome amps boomer! I've been telling mocha a party may just be in the near future and she's super excited! Don't let her down (she gets cranky when things don't go her way!)

8. Traci and Boomer

Hi Guys-

Thanks for the positivity! Looks like I need to reprogram my auto feeder to make sure he's got fuds at +9 in both AM and PM. The last few days have been good. Before that there a few high blues. We're almost there. It's making me feel a little nutty. I want it so bad. Last night I did Reiki on Boomer alone before I sent it to the group of cats that I treat. I concentrated on the intention "low blood sugar" for him and I'm going to keep this up. The Reiki seems to really be helping the other cats; they are making great improvements. Maybe it can also get me and Boomer over this hump!

9. Jill & Alex (GA)

Jill & Alex (GA) Senior Member Moderator

hi traci! yes, boomer is very close to a trial. am happy to hear you'll be setting the timed feeder for +9s. i have a feeling it will work out quite nicely!
    good luck!

10. CD and BigMac

CD and BigMac Well-Known Member

Traci asked me a really good question regarding dentals.

She wanted to know if needing some dental work could knock a kitty out of OTJ and back on insulin. I said yes it could and has done so. Just ask Jill and her Alex.
    Teeth or gums could harbor infection and infections can raise the BG enough to throw kitty too high to recover on her own. The infection needs to be dealt with quickly as well as probably needing to go back on insulin for a time.

So yes, dentals are important for our kitties.

Hey Jill, if you see this, chime in!

11. Jill & Alex (GA)

absolutely! needing a dental can definitely knock a kitty out of remission. i kicked myself for not having alex's mouth checked often enough. she was otj for almost 3 years! it took a dental and 2 months of aggressive dosing (it's harder to get them back there a second time) to put her back at the falls before her latest trouble with kidneys and liver.

dentals are very important for our kitties...

12. Traci and Boomer

YIKES!

Since Boomer is so close I think I'll wait until after (anti-jinx) and then deal with it. If a trial doesn't happen soon (a few weeks or so) I'll look into the dreaded dental! Thanks guys. You have no idea how incredibly grateful I am for yur help. And Jill-it's awesome that you got Alex back to the Falls. BTW - Are you a vet or technician? I think I may be getting you and Dr. Lisa mixed up?

13. Jill & Alex (GA)

do yourself a favor... if boomer needs a dental, get it done. don't wait. dental problems never get better. they only get worse.
    and no, i'm not a vet tech. just another concerned diabetic kitty mom...

14. PeterDevonMocha

PeterDevonMocha Well-Known Member

we really did not think mocha had any teeth problems, but boy did her breath stink. P U ... but we took her in for her dental and got hit with the news that she needed 8 teeth extracted because of FORL's. Mocha was eating with no problem, gave no indication she was in pain. But those lesions are very painful for kitties and while the dental hasn't done much in the way of numbers as we had hoped, we have to keep in mind her mouth isn't hurting her anymore either.

15. paige

paige Well-Known Member

Just checking in to see how Boomer's...ahem....pee pee action has been. :lol: Glad to see no puddles lately. :thumbup His nummers have sure been good, great job Boomer and Bean.

16. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

nice numbers today, hopefully Boomer is in the home stretch. :smile:

17. Traci and Boomer

The rest of his numbers:

+11 = 103
    PM - 107
    +3 = 72

WCR - good! Seems to be his usual self. Peeing IN the LB, not on the floor. Whew. Still need to reprogram the autofeeder. Off to do it!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.