4/1 Shadow AMPS=347, +8=134, PMPS=312

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA), Apr 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

+4=320
    +8=305
    AMPS=347 ~.75u Lev
    Yesterday's Condo

Morning Everyone! :coffee:
    Happy New Month! :mrgreen:
    His pretty-in-pin AMPS ohmygod_smile Hope he gets that pink bow off soon and back into nice numbers. He has been eating just fine and this morning after breffis he came down the hallway to stare at me as I was getting the syringe ready. When I stood up, he turned on his heals and trotted down the hallway....straight to the dining room. I love his little perky Trot...he is so cute. A kitty with a mission! Up on the chair and then up on the testing towel!! He laid down and waited for the shot, purring the whole time!! He is getting so darn smart lately! He came to find me and his insulin! :lol: I tell ya, he knows the drill ~ twice a day...(he never goes back on the towel after eating during the day)...he really knows that after eating in the morning and at night, he gets his shot and he waits for it~or comes to find me!! :mrgreen:

So, me being a big smartypants showed him the syringe and told him he was getting less insulin but that it will get to work just as well if not better than the full 1 unit. Then I went through my routine on the subject of the "dosing ladder" and how he will be going down and down until he doesn't need it anymore. He purred in reply. I figure if the Levemir is helping his brain that much, he should be able to understand even more than I gave him credit for in the past. Go for it! :lol:

Hope everyone has a wonderful Aprils Fool's Day :razz:

2. carolynandlatte

carolynandlatte Well-Known Member

Re: 4/1 Shadow AMPS=347

Oh lovely , sweet shadow! I bet you understand the protocol better than any of us beans. I can just see you late at night with your study glasses on, and the heavy reading! You are so smart.

Maybe Latte could come over and finish any last bit of cleaning today from the party? I bet once that is all done you will have a load off and feel more like showing your true colors?

Give her a call,K? She will be home all day and I will be gone....so meow away.

And Pat, enjoy your day!

3. Monique & Spooky

Monique & Spooky Well-Known Member

Didn't you hear about the study? While Lantus may cause cancer in some individuals, a study shows that patients on Levemir had an increase in IQ of of almost 25% on average after 6 months. Most likely is that the protein source which is used to replicate the DNA stimulates the growth of brain cells in the cerebral cortex. Levemir truly is a smart drug!

*April Fools

Shadow is just that smart :lol: to bad his liver needs special Ed classes :roll:

4. Ann & Maggie11 (GA)

Ann & Maggie11 (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Pat,
    That is so darned cute that Shadow jumps up onto the testing towel. They really do understand. When I'm getting ready to take a blood sample, I talk to Maggie and ask her if she's ready for her baby food. She will let me pick her up if she's too sleepy to get up, or if she's awake, she also will jump up onto the sofa where I always test her. Now if I could get Maggie to remind me when it's time to do the insulin shot, I'd have it made :D

5. PeterDevonMocha

PeterDevonMocha Well-Known Member

Come on down from those pinks shadow! That isn't any place for a handsome man like you to be!

Mocha trots out to the kitchen whenever she thinks she is getting something to eat, but when it's time for her shot, she takes off in a full out marathon run.

6. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Oh....MONIQUE....you are SO funny....April Fools!!! :lol:
    Do they do that in Deutschland too?

7. Barb & Checkers (GA)

Barb & Checkers (GA) Well-Known Member

Gees, Monique had me ready to get lome Lev for myself. I could use some more brain cells :lol:

How cute of Shadow to go up on the testing towel for mommy. He knows you are helping him feel better. :smile:

8. Monique & Spooky

oh yes April, April! It's usually some really stupid media stuff like an article in the paper about teaching dogs how to drive cars to assist handicapped people :roll: This morning the news was that providers were going to start charging "postage" for sending e-mails (surprised the Deutche Post hasn't already really done that!), or even dummer a Supermarket chain is renaming thier store brand products from "Ja!" to "No!" :oops:

There are even worse but we already knew that politics is a joke anyway. :lol:

9. Roni and Moonie

Roni and Moonie Well-Known Member

What's with that pink?? Shadow lets see some manly blue at least!!!--Moonie may be having kittens from her antics at the party!!
    Is Shadow the daddy??? APRIL FOOL!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
    We should be so lucky! Have a great day!

10. Lydia--(Rosie & Basil) GA

Lydia--(Rosie & Basil) GA Well-Known Member

Shadow is playing an April Fool's trick (although not as good as Monique's!) and plans for blue later today. He told Basil.

11. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Re: 4/1 Shadow AMPS=347, +4=203

+4=203

Trying to get down to blue I guess. He has less insulin now to help him....and he knows it. I showed him the syringe...only .75u but he can use it well.

I a so thankful for this forum....and the wonderful people here. I am also thankful that PTS was never an option for my two. Just thinking about how far we have come and how beautiful they are....I just love them both so very much. I have gotten closer to them...one of the side effects of this whole process. (or hobby) I never would have believed that I could do this. The injections were one thing....but the home testing was totally another. I needed to be able to see their numbers so I was motivated. And they accepted all that I did to them...giving me more confidence.

I never would have imagined that my kitties would jump up to get a shot. :shock: But, that is what has happened to us. WOW! How wonderful is this? And they are so much better after getting the insulin....I am so thankful for all the kindness of everyone on this forum. YOU guys are the BEST!!!!

A friend of mine witnessed my ear pricking. She was amazed. She said "He didn't even flinch!" And then she wanted to see me give him his insulin. When she saw me give him the injection, her mouth literally dropped open! She was dumbfounded!! She said in total amazement "He didn't run away....look....he's still lying right there...he didn't seem to be bothered at ALL!!!" :eek:

Yes, we have come a long way. It is due to my love for them and my desire to help them....added to your great words of instruction and wisdom that I sit here today...feeling so thankful and so happy!!! :mrgreen:

12. CD and BigMac

CD and BigMac Well-Known Member

Re: 4/1 Shadow AMPS=347, +4=203

Shadow! Nice recovery here. What a good boy.

And what you just posted is a perfect real life example to show the brand-new newbies on Health that might 'think' testing/shooting is scary. I think I'm going to bookmark your post.

13. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Re: 4/1 Shadow AMPS=347, +8=134

AW CD...that is such a nice thing to say... :YMHUG:

Progress continues:
    +6=159
    +8=134

Maybe he IS getting used to less insulin, eh? C'mon down Shadow! "Relax Mr. Liver" :mrgreen:

14. CD and BigMac

CD and BigMac Well-Known Member

Shadow continues to impress me today! (And I did bookmark your post. :D )

15. Monique & Spooky

Do you belive me now? He will continue to have "bad days" but each hour he spends in those good numbers is progross towards where we want to be. Shadow just preffers to take the more interesting scenic route. :mrgreen:

Now it's ni-ni time for me, my brain hurts. I just checked in before bed to see how things were looking for Stanley (unfourtunatly not too good) :cry:

16. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

PMPS=312

Thanks Monique...reading your post helped me as I post this. I was happy with his day though....

17. Nina and KB

Nina and KB Well-Known Member

Hmm, so do you think your friend would learn to test/shoot, maybe become DPS when you need to go away?

18. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Hey Shadow! Great numbers today after that AMPS. Even the PMPS isn't so bad. I'm really upset today: the deer family ate all my favorite weeds! And I wanted to share them with you and Raja. See you tomorrow!

Your pal,
    Stu

19. Randi & Max (GA)

Randi & Max (GA) Well-Known Member

Shadow will get rid of those pinks very soon.
    This is what he does and you know exactly what you are doing.
    So does Shadow. :lol: :lol:

As usual, your stories are the best and oh so true for many of us.
    Max pulled a new one for me tonight.
    I brought him his food, on his chair of course, and as he was about to eat,
    he truned his head back to look at me to check if I had the syringe in my hand.
    Once he saw it he was like, okay, I can eat now, all is good and that's what
    he did.
    You know they are like children that thrive on routine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.