3/31 Kitty AMPS 102, +5 85, PMPS 89

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Kathy and Kitty, Mar 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kathy and Kitty

Kathy and Kitty Well-Known Member

Yesterday: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=10675

As I feared, we are having the same reaction at .35 that we had when we reduced to .25: Blue from a recently all-green kitty.

It is very low blue -- for now. But this is not what you want to see as you hope for an OTJ trial. (He reads my mind, so why not say it out loud?)

We'll see where he goes today.

2. PeterDevonMocha

PeterDevonMocha Well-Known Member

Re: 3/31 Kitty AMPS 102!

awww .. sorry the number isn't what you wanted to see .. but it's still a really great number!

3. Hillary & Maui (GA)

Hillary & Maui (GA) Well-Known Member

Kathy - take a look at Pat (raja & shadow) condo - Monique provided an explanation in there that may be helpful to you as well.

4. Kathy and Kitty

Thanks, Hillary. Here it is: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=10700

I wonder if her explanation of rebound applies to these micro-doses as well as the higher doses. I hope so. That would mean that these blues -- as well as the 127 we got the last time we tried to reduce -- were "panicky liver" that may well just settle down.

My crazy thinking is that, unless Kitty's numbers go too high to ignore, we will just try this time to stay on track, headed downward. Is it possible that some cats go OTJ and live in the low blues?

5. Melanie and Smokey

Melanie and Smokey Well-Known Member

Hey, Kathy - look at our spreadsheet. I had similar concerns with Smokey when she went to 0.10U and started tossing out the low blues. I questioned going back up to 0.25 and everyone said hold it. Smokey did start showing more greens the longer we held the dose. We have now started the OTJ trial. I think holding Kitty at the lower for the full 7 cycles might help you see how she adjusts over time instead of reacting to the initial reaction Kitty has to the adjustment.

One thing I have had to work on accepting is the fact that meters also differ. Those cats that stay in the 60s and 70s through the low doses may just be on a meter that reads lower. When we tested our meter (Accu-chek Aviva) to the vets I expected the difference to be more so I just assume that my meter reads higher than others.

6. Caryl & Sebastian & Alex (GA)

Caryl & Sebastian & Alex (GA) Well-Known Member

He'll go green again..you'll see :mrgreen:

7. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

These are very normal numbers. The AMPS is probably due to dawn phenomena. I wouldn't worry about it unless you see that the numbers are not coming back down. Look at Deb/Spot's OTJ trial as an example.

8. Kathy and Kitty

Re: 3/31 Kitty AMPS 102, +5 85

HIP HIP HOORAY!!!!!!!

:mrgreen:

I think reacting to the 127 we got the last time we reduced was the right decision. But I believe my Kitty can make it down the dosing scale, and I aim to give him the chance to show us!

And did I mention

:mrgreen:

9. Traci and Boomer

Traci and Boomer Well-Known Member

Wow! He's making some serious improvements! Great numbers.

10. Hillary & Maui (GA)

Hillary & Maui (GA) Well-Known Member

Kathy - here's something to keep in mind:

http://petdiabetes.wikia.com/wiki/Blood ... guidelines

Take a look at this in particular:

50-130 Non-diabetic range[2] (usually unsafe to aim for when on insulin, unless your control is very good). These numbers, when not giving insulin, are very good news.

57-79 This is an average non-diabetic cat's level[3][4], but leaves little margin of safety for a diabetic on insulin. Don't aim for this range, but don't panic if you see it, either. If the number is not falling, it's healthy.

11. Kathy and Kitty

Can you hear it, Hillary? That's music -- music to my ears! :D :D :D

12. Kathy and Kitty

:mrgreen: And that 89 includes food within the hour. Spring fever or hunger? I don't think even he knows!

Just as an experiment, I fed old-label Beef & Chicken Feast today, instead of the Tender Beef Feast. I really wonder whether the chanes in FF have affected his numbers. I'm going to track what I feed him.

For today, all is good. :D

13. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

way to go, Kitty! Nice green, again. :mrgreen:

14. pjstroop

pjstroop Member

Hi Kathy!
    Pepper eats Wellness and Evo.. however, one of his civies holds out for the FF. On 3/24 Pepper snitched a nibble and skyrocketed to 161.. could have been a bounce from the day's lows, but just made me wonder if the ingredients of FF were a little off..

Nice to see Kitty holding his greens :mrgreen:

15. Kathy and Kitty

Paula -- thank you so much for telling me this story about food and numbers.

When Kitty shot up to 127 a couple of weeks ago, I was shocked -- after five months of green. Your story increases my suspicion that it was the FF. And it derailed our OTJ track, too -- temporarily, I hope.

Fingers crossed that Kitty will take to Wellness and Evo. We're going to run out of this old-label FF soon!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.