3/28 Willow AMPS~349, +4~379

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Complick8d, Mar 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Complick8d

Complick8d Well-Known Member

Yesterday: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=10412

WCR: Not eating much at all. He took about two bites of his food at shot time and hasn't touched it since. This happened yesterday also. Discussed a dosecrease yesterday, but did not apply it this morning.

ETA: Link to Yesterday's post

2. Cheryl and Winnie

Cheryl and Winnie Well-Known Member

sorry willow is not having a good day.
    do you have a profile set up anywhere? ( on old board you can link to or new one on a google doc?)
    would be nice so others can check and see if Willow has any other dx or hx of other issues and what if any meds, supplements he uses.

that said -- any other symptoms ? vomiting? funky output in the box?

Hope his appy picks up soon. if not, you know how to assist feed tonight??
    can you get him to the vets to be checked out?
    not good for any kitties to not get enough food in....... much more so for DM kitties.
    Make sure you check for ketones.

worry worry worry

Please Keep us posted.

ps. you forgot to put in a link for yesterdays post -- can you add that? would make it so much easier to check things out about you dear Willow. Thanks !

3. Lisa and Do Lou (GA)

Lisa and Do Lou (GA) Well-Known Member

Hope Willow feels better for you soon sending a HUG for support :YMHUG:

4. OptOut

OptOut Well-Known Member

I sure hope Willow feels better soon. Hate these ugly numbers, but I know you hate them even more.

5. Complick8d

I thought I did have a link to my profile somewhere but when you asked I checked and realized that I don't, so I'll work on creating one. For now: He was diagnosed in Jan 2007, presented with severe DKA, so he has a history of ketones, and was hospitalized for a week, then came home and ended up back in the hospital for a hypo from the vets overdosing him. He's a roller coaster kitty and tends to either be high with his numbers or down in the basement with his lows. He often drops or rises 200 - 300 points in an hour. Food has only a very limited affect on his numbers.

He's not having any other symptoms. He was at the vet on Friday afternoon... diagnosed with diabetic neuropathy. Everything else was good. He was given a b-12 injection to get something in his system until I could get ahold of methyl b12 to add to his food.

6. Complick8d

PMPS~Hi Upped him to a skinny 1.5u

7. D and Noisy

D and Noisy Well-Known Member

I posted here earlier -- what am I doing wrong? My posts often don't show up. No need to answer that just talking out loud.

I was wondering how old your insulin was.

8. Complick8d

Hey D,

Nice to see you in our condo tonight!

I checked my SS and the last new cart I have listed is 2/17, but I would've swore that I changed to a new one the first or second week of March when I was really sick. This cartridge is only about 1/4 gone so that leads me to believe I did as well and just didn't note it. Since I can't remember though and it is going to drive me crazy, I'll likely declare myself insane in the next couple of days and go ahead and replace this one. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.