3/28 Latte AMPS-280, PMPS-167

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by carolynandlatte, Mar 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. carolynandlatte

carolynandlatte Well-Known Member

yesterday:
    viewtopic.php?f=9&t=10356

PMPS- 183 (pred cycle)
    +2.5-222
    +6-165
    AMPS- 280
    *generous amount of kibble eaten @ pmps +4.5 and +6, some wet @ +5*

I suspect if she had not eaten the kibble last night her amps would have been much lower. I dont know how much she dropped from the pred last night because I did not get a check during the peak. I think it might have been sizeable from the way she was acting and eating around +5.

Long story short - she dropped to a good number after the pred hit it's peak, she ate lots of kibble, and I likely shot a food spike this a.m. Tried to counteract a potential big drop with karo in wet this a.m...which she ate an entire 3oz can in 45 minutes!!!!!!!! :eek:

She has been quite the busy bee this a.m. (hey, where is bee and nancy?!?!). I hope the karo helps s l o w things. So far, so good.

I will be giving the bupe again, around +3. If it goes well again today, I will try giving it a few times in the pm next week. Then next weekend give 2 doses/day, when Im home to watch her. If it seems to be helping (still not sure how I will know), then I may feel comfortable enough to give it when I am not home.

Not quite sure how Im feeling this a.m. My sore throat is even worse than yesterday! Laundry is done, house is pretty clean, groceries gotten...all ducks in a row for next week. So, today I think I will just rest, rest, rest!

2. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Re: 3/28 Latte AMPS-280, +1-240

It sounds like Latte is feeling better. I'm glad to hear her appetite is good.

I hope you start to feel better soon.

3. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Ditto what Sienne says. Do get some rest today!

Ella

4. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Boy, it sounds like Latte has really gotten her appetite back.
    I hope you can rest today, and feel better tomorrow.

5. Randi & Max (GA)

Randi & Max (GA) Well-Known Member

Great news to read today Carolyn.
    Sorry about your sore throat though but great to hear there is a little
    miss piggy eating so well on her own.
    Get some good rest today and feel better.

6. Nicole & Baby

Nicole & Baby Well-Known Member

Good morning, carolynandlatte!
    What a lovely feeling to have a clean house, errands ran... etc... if nothing else.. let that make you feel good.. silly throat! Wishing you rest & health... not to mention Latte a blessed, peaceful, healthy cycle! ;-)

7. carolynandlatte

carolynandlatte Well-Known Member

AMPS-280
    +1- 240
    +2- 192
    +3- 145
    +4- 158
    +5- 160
    +6- 142
    +9- 144
    PMPS-167
    *1 1/2 cans wellness spiked with a few drops of karo to slow a.m. drop, kibble snack @ +4 and +11.*

Im not sure what to make of today. I kept testing her because she was acting as if she was dropping (restlessness, eating, drinking). Then I realized it might be the bupe. I was trying to sleep and wake every hour to check on her. In my sleepy state I would open an eye finding her in a different spot, only to move to another spot 15 minutes later, or stand on her ramp next to the bed staring at me...and back to a new spot. It was wierd. I get the sense it was somewhat of an uncomfortable restlessness, like when she gets too much appy stim. I measured .03ml of the bupe. Yesterday I tried measuring .025, but thought it looked like .03. Arg. I dont know. It affected her differently today, though. This behavior stopped 3hrs later when she finally rested under the piano. She has spent her day there (and now going into the night), for the most part. I always see that as her 'leave me alone' spot. Though I did find her pillow wet on her throne. Apparently she peed on it. I dont think she realizes I have changed the bedding on the chair...or she is just associating it with pee?

Tried furminating her, and it is obvious the right hind quarters REALLY hurts. yesterday I was picking some litter about an inch from her right back leg and she swatted/hissed at me. I didnt even touch her! :shock:

Other than her odd behavior, BG's looked fabulous, eating up until now at least has been wonderful, and a few snuggles were nice this a.m. I hope she feels a little more perky later tonight. I like my perky, social girl and miss her very much. Feel sad when she wants nothing but to lay in a corner.

Throat still sore, but feeling better myself.

Weekend is coming to a wrap...enjoy whats left of it!

ETA: WARNING- GERIATRIC CAT TALK! :lol: She had a crazy burp (and fart?) during one of her tests, which stunk soooooooo bad. She had been burping a lot this morning. Not something I have seen on a regular basis. Add that to drinking a lot of h20 w/0 dropping being the cause, and I wonder if her tummy is a little out of sorts...maybe even from eating so much this a.m.?

8. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope your throat feels better in the morning Carolyn....sending lots of hugs to you and Latte...
    tell her to rest up for the big party on tuesday. I know she hasn't forgotten!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.