3/28 Eeyore AMPS=474 +4.5=164 +5.25=147 +6=128 PMPS=365

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Michele and Esse, Mar 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michele and Esse

Michele and Esse Well-Known Member

Daily Digest
    PMPS+11=494. rebound time...
    AMPS=474. Wellness Chicken out, shot 2U.
    +4.5=164. We're back in blue!!
    +5.25=147
    +6=128. Green in the near future??
    +6.5=148. No green today...
    PMPS=365. Evo out for dinner, shot 2U.
    Yesterday's condo: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=10363

Morning, LL!

Well, Eeyore starts the day in the stratosphere - I'm guessing this is a bounce from yesterday's blues. I'm also guessing that he will come down today, but how low will he go? No idea. LOL.

WCR: Most Ps in order; have not caught him in the box, but the oversize puddle is there...so...I'm thinking he's used it. :)

Hope everyone has a great day! I've got some serious studying to do...so will be home (except for a few errands).

Best-
    Michele

2. carolynandlatte

carolynandlatte Well-Known Member

Re: 3/38 Eeyore PMPS=494

Good Morning Michelle,
    I read your post on health about Eeyore a few days ago. Im only going off memory right now (which is never very good :lol: ), so I cant be too specific on things. What I wanted to say overall is that I think Eeyore is going to be just fine. Some vets when they see signs of renal disease give up right away. I dont know why, especially when many can live for years and years and YEARS w/ little effect to their quality of life. Latte had the acute renal failure 3yrs ago, with a creatinine in the 10's and a BUN that was so high it could not be recorded. Her creatinine has stayed under the 3's for approx 2 years, bun in the 50-60's. The kidneys are the least of her issues, so it seems. Just to give you some perspective and hope!

I think you had some wonderful advice and thoughts from others. I would echo someone's concern about fluids at this point. Unless there is a chronic dehydration issue, fluids are not often necessary until creatinine is much, much higher. Any dehydration at this point can *try* to be corrected first by adding water to wet food, and encouraging more drinking...maybe with a cat fountain?

I can tell how much you love Eeyore by the way you spoke of him in that post. I know you will do the best for him now, and as time goes on.

3. Michele and Esse

Re: 3/38 Eeyore PMPS=494 AMPS=474

Carolyn, thank you for that. It so very much helps to know someone's experience! I have decided to concentrate on the FD - it by itself can cause dehydration, although I'm not seeing much sign of that. Adding water is definitely an option, which I will figure out how to do today; I'm thinking catsicles would be good, you know? But I'm pretty reluctant to give fluids IV at the moment...I really want to see a second set of blood work done in a few weeks, once the diet has taken hold and so has the insulin. I'm hoping that once we get some decent numbers regularly on his sugars, we will see a better kidney fx panel...maybe not great, but still, better. And from there, I think, I can better treat him for whatever else is going on.

As it stands, he's getting much better about pokes and shots...seems to have selected "his" spot on the bed, and continues to play, wrestle, and chase Malachi (much to Mal's delight). He's definitely starting to really like living here...and seems to have made peace with all but Queen Charlotte (who makes peace with no-one...and barely tolerates me, and only when she wants a snuggle. But on HER terms only...LOL). The one time this week I've caught him in the lb, negative for ketones...so...all is coming round.

And I know I keep saying it, but he's really just a big sweetheart. Just a big cuddler. Very affectionate, very much wanting to stay near me. He's a dear, dear boy...

Best-
    Michele

4. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Re: 3/38 Eeyore PMPS=494 AMPS=474

It sure looks like Eeyore went, "Boing!" Remember this isn't Esse who know how to clear a rebound quickly. Potentially, this is new territory for Eeyore.

5. Michele and Esse

Re: 3/38 Eeyore PMPS=494 AMPS=474 +4.5=164

I totally remember that...which is why the most current number made my eyeballs pop. We're blue again! YAY, but...really? Why? That was a fast clear. Really fast. So fast, I'm no longer sure that was a bounce (although what else it could be, I don't quite know...).

Whatever it is/was, I'm happy to see blues today! And was definitely not expecting them whatsoever today, but they're welcomed with open arms.

Best-
    Michele

6. Michele and Esse

Re: 3/38 Eeyore PMPS=494 AMPS=474 +4.5=164 +5.25=147 +6=128

Uh, hey, Eeyore? 128 is a great number...you can bring out your surfboard anytime you'd like!!!

Best-
    Michele

7. Darwin's Mom

Darwin's Mom New Member

WOO HOOO MORE BLUE. Next step Eeyore.. cut back on the RED on your SS.
    Glad it see the great weekend for him
    Patricia

8. Cheryl and Winnie

Cheryl and Winnie Well-Known Member

lovely numbers to see for eeyore.

wcr is very nice too !

go eeyore ! go michelle !

9. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Yo Eeyore! Surf that blue, Man!

Stu

10. Michele and Esse

What a great day - and a great weekend. Eeyore is showing me he can go blue - and hang there for a while...I am so pleased to see those numbers, you have no idea. I don't mind the ugly reds, because we're getting blues...and got a great low today of 128.

Just so pleased about his progress...just ever so pleased. GO EEYORE!!!

Best-
    Michele

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.