3/28 Shadoe amps 137 pmps 121 +3~92 +4~90 2.5u cycle 1

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Blue, Mar 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

Yesterday’s Condo for Shadoe

Yesterday's big recap:
    113 - amps (3.5u Lev)
    67 - +2
    49 - +3 - gobbled 1/2 can ff 18% carb
    40 - +3.5 - inhaled the other 1/2 can
    54 - +4
    74 -+8
    122 - pmps (3.25u Lev)
    137 - +2
    90 - +3
    56 - +4 - opened can ff 18% carb
    47 - +5 - gobbled 1/2 can ff 18% carb
    54 - +6 - inhaled the other 1/2 can
    137 - today's amps (3.0u Lev)
    Even I can see a pattern!

Here we go again; another shot, another reduction :shock:
    Maybe this time we can stick to a dose for longer than just once!
    Revving down? I think it's more like we ran it outta town! :twisted:

First, a fast then a trip to the vet's for the bloodwork for tests and home again.
    Soon after, it's back to the vet's for the ultrasound, and home again with a shaved belly this time.
    The next day, it's another fast :eek: back to the vet for even MORE physical abuse, including a shaved leg, anesthesia, and waking up to a sore mouth and likely a very growly belly, and home again.
    The next day, we start with oral A/B mixed with tuna water that likely does little to cover the bitterness, twice a day at shot times.
    Revving down is a good idea if it means the madness will stop.
    And to top it all off, a new monster cat moves in and decides it's OK to eat anything and everything!

I think Shadoe chased it outta town.
    Man, she's getting nasty protective of her food, too.

I try to test, feed, shoot Oliver first, just to distract him so Shadoe can one meal in her. He's happy with that, but Shadoe is always watching him, even if he is faced away from her and eating his own food.
    Today, he was minding his own business, but walked over in the direction of Shadoe's food and she did the run over, hissing and growling thing to say back off my food buddy, and he stopped, stepped back, the slowly raised one paw high, as if to say "Do you see this paw? This one, that is half the size of your head? Do you see that it is raised?"
    Her response was just more of a growl to say "And?"
    He slowly lowered his paw, backed away and left the room.

They are getting along just fine now.

2. Marvie and Tugger

Marvie and Tugger Well-Known Member

Re: 3/28 Shadoe amps 137 +2~122 dose 3.0u cycle 1

Heheheh Oh boy! It's getting pretty interesting in your condo. Love the story, I'm still chuckling over that paw raising. I can picture it.

Here's hoping you have a great day!

3. Bo & Jake

Bo & Jake Well-Known Member

Re: 3/28 Shadoe amps 137 +2~122 dose 3.0u cycle 1

O Gayle,You make me lough first thing in the morning.
    I was picturin Shadow and Oliver.Him raise his big paw at Shadow.
    He better don't touch her food or....she will scrap him.
    I realy like this with Shadow! Hope you can have a lil rest and relax. To much for the short time.
    Enjoy Your day!

4. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

Re: 3/28 Shadoe amps 137 +2~122 +3~61 dose 3.0u cycle 1

And she's off again!
    Depending on her pmps, it looks like we may be going to a 2.75u dose tonite.
    She's off to the races with a 61 for her +3, so I gave her - you guessed it - 1/2 can ff 18% carb, which she gobbled up happily with not even a sideways glance at Oliver.

I guess I'll get a +3.5 and +4, then I am out the door.

5. Lydia--(Rosie & Basil) GA

Lydia--(Rosie & Basil) GA Well-Known Member

I think Shadoe is the one raising her paw and it's at the insulin shots. She's deciding she's had enough!

6. OptOut

OptOut Well-Known Member

Amazing! Look like she's wanting another dosecrease (although the HC might have prevented you seeing the actual "number"). Go Shadoe!

7. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

Heather,
    I gave her some HC as I was going to be out for a few hours, and based on the last week, the odds were good that Shadoe was going to repeat over and over.

So, that HC did not do all that much because the drop was just temporarily slowed.

122 - +2
    61 - +3 gave her HC
    74 - +3.5
    70 - +4
    67 - +6

I basically yanked on her BG chain and bought a couple hours time.
    I also learned that food CAN actually help. I think some cats may be more sensitive to the carb issue, and I have not really seen much big changes with Shadoe's numbers and food, mind you I don't go the HC way.

I am wondering if she has had too many decreases, but I don't want her going too low when I am away, so maybe we should try moving down tonite by 0.25u. I would rather have her in higher numbers during the work week because leaving out extra food is no longer an option, now that Oliver is here :lol:

8. Marvie and Tugger

Marvie and Tugger Well-Known Member

Re: 3/28 Shadoe amps 137 +6~67 dose 3.0u cycle 1

Is Oliver a jumper? I've found a couple of spots I can put food where Tugger can't get but Bella can, and when Echo was still eating kitten kibble I fed him in the pantry and blocked it off so that only he could fit his tiny head and body through. I even considered trying to do something with a box and cut a door in it and place it somewhere that made it impossible for Tugger to get his very large self into. I sometimes put a dish of food on the seat thing in the shower, another place Bella can get but Tugger won't fit.

It isn't easy to manage different feeding needs though. I wish they'd all just eat the same darn food :lol: I know, I know. Wish in one hand and spit in the other and see which fills up faster, as my dad always used to respond to "I wish..."

Maybe once Oliver settles in some more and realizes the food is not in short supply at this house he'll slow down on the eating everything in sight. Good luck juggling them till then though!

9. OptOut

OptOut Well-Known Member

I was thinking the same thing...basically, she WOULD have earned a decrease if you hadn't intervened today so I do think you should lower the dose; honestly, if you are back to work next week, you might even do a larger decrease just for safety's sake.

Anybody that reads this...since Shadoe did test positive for acro, we aim for the blues (until the crazy cat goes OTJ); she doesn't actually need to "earn" dosecreases @ 50 because her pancreas doesn't need to heal; also, since the tumor has obviously gone on vacation, Gayle has to worry about hypo more than high numbers. Gayle can actually choose to decrease whenever she feels that Shadoe "might" drop too low or simply use her magic ball to choose whatever dose she thinks will be safe.

10. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

Heather,
    I was thinking the exact same thing - drop by .5u tonite, just to see how it goes.

I can fill up the auto feeder, all 5 sections, and leave a BIG dish of food for Oliver but that still won't guarantee there will be food for Shadoe if she needed it, and at the time she needed it. Better to have her in yellow than too low.

I will go with 2.5u for Shadoe's pm shot because I won't be at home to feed HC if she goes low like she has been doing all weekend.

11. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Wow.

12. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

Re: 3/28 Shadoe amps 137 pmps 121 dose 2.5u cycle 1

Since tomorrow I'll be working, and since Shadoe seems to be liking low :mrgreen:
    too much lately, I dropped her pm dose to 2.5u so there is less chance of her going too low while I am out.

If she still goes all green tonite, I don't know what I will shoot in the morning. :shock:

13. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

Re: 3/28 Shadoe amps 137 pmps 121 dose 2.5u cycle 1

Zipping right along in here...wow....great job you two!!! I am speechless....this is so great!!! :razz:

14. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

Re: 3/28 Shadoe amps 137 pmps 121 +3~92 dose 2.5u cycle 1

It's looking like Shadoe has not realized that her dose was reduced; shall I mention it to her? :shock:

I hope she catches on and does not drop much more on this cycle.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.