3/25 Checkers amps 156..pmps 174

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Barb & Checkers (GA), Mar 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barb & Checkers (GA)

Barb & Checkers (GA) Well-Known Member

Yesterday: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=10116

Hmmm, +3 is higher than ps. That's unusual for Checks. That is his onset, normally. He's been sleeping, not eating, since breffis.
    Gave him a f.5 Gave shoulder shot; he moved to see what I was doing there, but I don't think it was a fur shot.

2. Michelle & Scrabble (GA)

Michelle & Scrabble (GA) Well-Known Member

Re: 3/25 Checkers amps 156..+3/159...??

Hi Barb, it probably wasn't a fur shot, sometimes I get weird readings at +3 and then all of a sudden he will go down. It is so hard to predict isn't is? When I think I have Scrabble's pattern down he throws me for a loop! Hope you see some green today!!!

3. CD and BigMac

CD and BigMac Well-Known Member

Well... 3 points isn't really higher, but I see it isn't lower the way you expected. Maybe Checkers is just a little slower today and his onset will begin in another few minutes. You may have caught the number just before onset.

4. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Like CD said, these are the same numbers. It may also be a flat cycle which, given the numbers, is pretty darn good!

5. Barb & Checkers (GA)

I guess it does look silly, being concerned about 3 points, and yes, I expected it to come down more like 50 points.
    I need to not obsessing over numbers, but that's what mom's are supposed to do.....obsess. :D

6. CD and BigMac

CD and BigMac Well-Known Member

Ah, so true!

7. Barb & Checkers (GA)

Re: 3/25 Checkers amps 156..+3/159..+4/177

Nothing's changed; he hasn't eaten, just sleeping/loafing in bed.

edited to add: he was coughing. Didn't sound like hairballing.
    He did eat some FF, and came running into the kitchen when he heard me get out the little tuna container.

Doc had me giving him L Lysine, last summer when I brought a litte one home from SPCA. The thought was that maybe Little One had herpes and was shedding the virus, and Checks got it.
    This is the first time he's coughed in many months, so hopefully it's nothing.
    Makes me wonder if he isn't feeling so well and that's why bg is up.

8. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

Keep an eye on him Barb...that's what Mama's are supposed to do too...besides obsessing over a few points...
    hope it's nothing....say hi to checkers from Raja & Shadow...

9. Barb & Checkers (GA)

177 @+6......normally nadir. Hmmm, hope it was a furshot and not sickness doing this.

156 amps
    159 +3
    179 +4
    178 +6
    159+10
    162 +11
    174 pmps

Gave sk.75, (or f.5) last 6 cycles. Today possible fur shot. Stick with it, or go back to full .75?
    I think that was a fluke that he went to 44 three days ago.. I am home to monitor usually.

Well, this was a crummy day. Pretty sure now, AM was a fur shot. Didn't seem like it at the time, but what else could it be?
    I got up late and he was almost half hour late with shot. I gave .75, early tonite, at 11.5, to get back on schedule, since he was high all day anyway. Hope that was okay,
    If he isn't down some at +3 tonite, I might have to try new bottle insulin, just to be sure.
    I've got a lot to learn.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.