3/25 Blackie amps 330, +3.5 363, +6 335, pmps 385 dosecrease

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Ele & Blackie (GA), Mar 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ele & Blackie (GA)

Ele & Blackie (GA) Well-Known Member

Still in the 300's and higher at "nadir" than preshot, but mostly flat. Here are his numbers since last night:
    pmps 338 2.0
    +3.5 341
    +7.5 360
    amps 330 2.0

I was hoping to wait another day before a dose increase, but I'll wait and see what today's numbers bring.

WCR: Blackie seemed to feel really good last night. Instead of his usual after shot/dinner nap, he stayed awake and watched us and talked to us. Had a couple of trips outside and some good laptime later. He's eating very good. I've been brushing him every night in the hopes I can prevent hairballs and he loves the brushing.

Yesterday: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=10087

I hope everyone enjoys this Friday Eve.

2. CD and BigMac

CD and BigMac Well-Known Member

Re: 3/25 Blackie amps 330

Good luck today. You will get Blackie to his best dose and I hope it is soon. Hang in there.

Glad he is feeling good and loves the brushing. I wish my kitty liked brushing more, sigh... he only likes his head brushed, but that's not where the most fur is! Oh well.

3. greytblackdog

greytblackdog Member

Re: 3/25 Blackie amps 330

I know how frustrating it is. Emma was flat yesterday as well. I went ahead and did the .25 increase this morning even though she was in the yellow. Fingers crossed you will see yellow today too!

4. Sarah and Buzz

Sarah and Buzz Well-Known Member

Re: 3/25 Blackie amps 330, +3.5 363

I know you may see it differently, but I think Blackie is doing great so far on Lantus. I know he is still in high #s, but tbh, they aren't that much worse than they were on PZI lately, and he has made progress in a pretty short amount of time. You will find the right dose, like Carolyn said, and everything will start to click.

It also sounds like he is feeling great, which is wonderful! I wish mine liked to be brushed, too, but only Cricket does. I bet Blackie told Buzz about you finding the elf costume and so they are both on their best behavior. ;)

5. Ele & Blackie (GA)

Re: 3/25 Blackie amps 330, +3.5 363, +6 335

I agree that Blackie is doing well on Lantus, but you know me. I always want more better.

What's up with that Buzz face? Did you give her a grumpy pill? LOL How high was the score of likely to be killed by your cat?

6. Sarah and Buzz

Re: 3/25 Blackie amps 330, +3.5 363, +6 335

Haha, no, but Dawn commented last night that the other avatar photo of Buzz looked a little unhappy (Carolyn said "intense") so she made me a new avatar picture that looked happier (or so we thought). Buzz isn't very photogenic and she really does have a tendency to always look grumpy. And even if I do catch her looking happy, as she sometimes does, as soon as I get out the camera, she looks surly again.

7. Ele & Blackie (GA)

Using the protocol, 48 hours with nadirs >300, can increase by .5. We went to 2.5. I thought about waiting, but I really want to get Blackie into good numbers to reduce stress on his kidneys. Paws crossed we'll hit the perfect dose soon.

8. Sarah and Buzz

Good luck with the dosecrease! :)

9. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

good luck with the dosecrease!

After this one, I would probably slow down to the more standard 6 cycles between increases. It's up to you, of course, but his numbers are way better than they were just a few days ago and you're getting close to his last PZI dose. Let's see what happens, hopefully you'll start seeing some changes soon.

10. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Good luck with the dosecrease.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.