3/25 Six's PMPS 87 +3 74

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Amy and Six, Mar 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amy and Six

Amy and Six Well-Known Member

Good Morning LL!

WCR: Hungry. Thinks one of his Chinese meds is a treat! Hee hee. I will update more about his acupuncture and Chinese med vet trip tonight...stay tuned. Most Ps that I can spot are in place. He was surfin most of the night on the green/blue border. +4 @ 91 and AMPS only at 113.

Happy Thursday!

yesterday's condo
    viewtopic.php?f=9&t=10057

2. Michelle & Scrabble (GA)

Michelle & Scrabble (GA) Well-Known Member

Re: 3/25 Six's AMPS 113

Nice morning for Six, will be interested to hear about the chinese meds?! Have you heard of Flor-Essence? My mother-in-law heard from her diabetic friend that it is some new herbal thing that you put on food that is supposed to help with diabetes. I am going to check it out on the internet, just wondering if you have heard of it?

3. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

Morning Six...nice AMPS.
    Will tune in later for the acupuncture details... ;-)
    Enjoy!

4. Randi & Max (GA)

Randi & Max (GA) Well-Known Member

Good Morning Amy

Max & Six are just hanging out together.
    They must have great stories to share in their chat seesions while
    we are away.
    Accupuncture and Chinese remedies??? Oh we all can't wait to hear about that.
    Don't keep us in suspense for too long.

5. CD and BigMac

CD and BigMac Well-Known Member

Re: 3/25 Six's PMPS 87

Now that's what I call a great PMPS! 87 for Six makes me smile. [​IMG]

6. Amy and Six

Amy and Six Well-Known Member

Re: 3/25 Six's PMPS 87

Ugh. Rainy and cold here. Sounds like once we make it through the night, we should have better weather tomorrow. Cats are seriously bummed. Spring fever and all that jazz!

Years ago our vet recommended we see a new acupuncture vet for our dying dog. It was a hospice care situation. The acupuncture brought a lot of relief to our Woofers. He didn't dig the Chinese meds so much. A few years later...we had a CRF kitty who we decided to supplemental her regular vet care with acupuncture vet visits to help support her kidneys. Our kitty (Beabhen) loved acupuncture as much as our doggie...and didn't care for the Chinese meds as much either (though there was one pill that wasn't so bad). The acupuncture really relaxed her. She never minded a session. I liked to think it helped extend her life too.

Between the doggie and the kitty, I decided to try it myself (though I went to a ER doctor who also did acupuncture - not a vet ;-) ) and I discovered why I thought the animals responded so well...the needles weren't so bad, but it really, really, really, relaxed me.

So...with Mr. Six...after his p-titis flare up, my vet suggested we visit the acupuncture/Chinese meds vet again for additional support.

He had a treatment - five or six needles. Like our other kitty, he really seemed to like the session. He calmed down, laid down and snoozed through the needle session. Prior to that he was walking around the room - he barely flinched when the needles went in but think how much we already stick them with much bigger needles. The basic purpose of the acupuncture (serious layman's terms here) is to release the energy from the dysfunctional system.

He was sent home with two Chinese meds. These are, by far, the easiest ones I've had to give. Some of the stuff in the past has been super smelly and the animals wouldn't touch it so I finally gave up trying to give it to them. He is on Pancreatrophin BID. This one he eats as his "treat" after his pre-shot test. Strange. In fact, she brought the pills in the room for me to look at to decide if I would rather have a liquid and he ate it when it dropped out of her hand. The other one is called Three Seeds and I am able to crush it to mix it into his food and he doesn't notice. One is a short term and one is a long term, but I'm not 100% sure which is which.

The price isn't horrible...the meds are almost nothing and acupuncture runs $75. I don't know if it will work, but I wanted to try something to at least attempt to prevent a p-titis flare up again. It's really affordable if it keeps me out of our regular vets office with a flare-up. I figure we will see a difference in the next couple of weeks if the Chinese meds are going to work.

FYI - this vet is a licensed vet who decided to get alternative treatment certification too.

7. Randi & Max (GA)

Randi & Max (GA) Well-Known Member

Awsome Amy.
    Wish we had something like that here.
    Can't wait to hear how it works.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.